List Mgmt. GWS Players Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Orange crush

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Yeah .... that’s the other option .... definitely cap related. But just extending TFG will help resign our younger players .... they all love him

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Yeah .... that’s the other option .... definitely cap related. But just extending TFG will help resign our younger players .... they all love him

In 2024 he would still get massive offers to return.
We are ahead of it to make sure and have taken the opportunity to structure our cap even better with the unforeseen circumstances of the 5 last season.

Vic pokiesmon

All Australian
Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
This is different to the interview I heard, so it seems that is the case.
This makes it very likely we are just haggling about the price. (or other details)
I’d say Toby’s extension backloads cash to free up money to resign some younger guys
And Hogan if he keeps up last weeks form...Must admit when I saw the headline that a Giants superstar had signed a new contract I was kinda hoping it was Hopper...While i knew the media wouldn't describe him like that and Toby is probably our only superstar he's already signed up...If he frees up cash for a bunch of our youngsters i will be even happier though.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
I imagine a few teams would be interested, doesn't mean they'll get him
I’d be surprised if he stays. The money difference would be huge. More importantly, he’d be a walk up start as key forward on Collingwood list. I reckon he’s gone for sure. I don’t blame him at all... I definitely would.
So a couple of things for us:
1. What would he be worth in picks? I’m thinking early 2nd.
2. We need to recruit some quality key defenders. Phil’s just about cooked... lots of lower leg injuries. Keeffe will be lucky to be back by start of next season. Sammy Taylor has even had serious injury history.
With no Riccardi to train up as a tall defender, I reckon we need to recruit a very tall defender to play on the likes of the Kings, McKay etc. I think Keeffe had been doing a great job until he was injured. I just don’t know who would be available? I’m talking defenders who can play very tall.... 2m plus.

I’d be surprised if he stays. The money difference would be huge. More importantly, he’d be a walk up start as key forward on Collingwood list. I reckon he’s gone for sure. I don’t blame him at all... I definitely would.
So a couple of things for us:
1. What would he be worth in picks? I’m thinking early 2nd.
2. We need to recruit some quality key defenders. Phil’s just about cooked... lots of lower leg injuries. Keeffe will be lucky to be back by start of next season. Sammy Taylor has even had serious injury history.
With no Riccardi to train up as a tall defender, I reckon we need to recruit a very tall defender to play on the likes of the Kings, McKay etc. I think Keeffe had been doing a great job until he was injured. I just don’t know who would be available? I’m talking defenders who can play very tall.... 2m plus.
A lot of factors.
Depends on how much we rate him in comparison to others, and where they see him long term.
If we rate him as best 22 in defence we may keep him, if we see him next in line forward he'll probably head elsewhere as he'll be more valued by someone else.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I don't know.... the fact he has only played 7 or so games means a teams have really limited snapshot of what he can do. He was a later pick and hasn't really improved his value. I only think he is in conversation cos he was a media headline late last year. I think if he goes we won't get anything of note for him.

That said, he is a really unknown prospect. It is a risk for clubs to take him on so they wouldn't pay much.

Personally, I think he only goes if a club offers more opportunity. Contrary to whats stated I DONT think he is a walk up starter... he doesn't have nearly enough of a defensive game as a farward. He is a good contested mark.... but he is currently being out played by Sproule in the VFL. He just goes missing for such large parts of games. I think he stays. I also think he might be the answer to the key back problem in the future... mainly as a Haynes intercept mark replacement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Updated Sam Taylor who is locked away until 2025:thumbsupemoji:

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Nothing official but saw Jon Ralph write an article about a week or so ago saying that Jacob Hopper is "certain to remain" at GWS for 2 more years after discussions between his management and GWS. Good to see the core of the team all signing extensions.

Nothing official but saw Jon Ralph write an article about a week or so ago saying that Jacob Hopper is "certain to remain" at GWS for 2 more years after discussions between his management and GWS. Good to see the core of the team all signing extensions.
That has been reported a bit as "fact", terms have been agreed upon and what not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back