List Mgmt. GWS Players Contract Status

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Just Hopper and Davis to go of the most important signatures; Flynn too, although with Briggs there it's not as critical.

Reckon Riccardi will head back to Victoria in the belief he'll get more opportunity there, and Hutchesson and Shipley will be this year's delistings.

A small chance of a surprise with Davis IMHO, and an even smaller chance from Hopper.

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Just Hopper and Davis to go of the most important signatures; Flynn too, although with Briggs there it's not as critical.

Reckon Riccardi will head back to Victoria in the belief he'll get more opportunity there, and Hutchesson and Shipley will be this year's delistings.

A small chance of a surprise with Davis IMHO, and an even smaller chance from Hopper.
Flynn would be one of my top priorities the tandem of Briggs and Flynn have played so well together so far and it would be great to see them play and grow together for a long time

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS

Be surprised if we delisted shipley

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Shipley could be moved to the rookie list, unlikely but another option is he is looked at for a list spot in the pre season period if needed or if he loves the club play EAFL for the club

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Flynn would be one of my top priorities the tandem of Briggs and Flynn have played so well together so far and it would be great to see them play and grow together for a long time
normally injured players re-sign as they haven't had a chance to impress a suitor as much as they would like. I would expect him to stay.

Around the league there isn't too much demand for young rucks... M Chol at the tigers is quality but can't get a gig and is looking elsewhere with limited success. No denying the talent, but the demand isn't that high... so i expect flynn is just a matter of time.

Mummy leaving too helps

For someone who allegedly just wanted to be with family, Show Me The Money isn't portraying Bobby in a great light by demanding four years vs three years on contracts with preferred clubs, etc.

Edit: Although Colin Young just established Essendon as a premiership candidate in the next five years somehow and should've offered more so Bobby's not coming off the absolute worst. :D

Last edited:

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
For someone who allegedly just wanted to be with family, Show Me The Money isn't portraying Bobby in a great light by demanding four years vs three years on contracts with preferred clubs, etc.

Edit: Although Colin Young just established Essendon as a premiership candidate in the next five years somehow and should've offered more so Bobby's not coming off the absolute worst. :D
Yeah there is a quote there about wanting to go and play in the big time which contradicts the whole family argument

I don’t mind if you want to play in the big games at the G. Just say that

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Interesting re Angwin. He hasn’t shown anything yet
With Angwin he has a December birthday, outside player and was very light so I think 2 years development before a debut is about right for him

This doesnt rule him out as being a bust but hopefully he has an injury free year to help with his development and keeps his speed as he could help bring back the orange tsunami

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
With Angwin he has a December birthday, outside player and was very light so I think 2 years development before a debut is about right for him

This doesnt rule him out as being a bust but hopefully he has an injury free year to help with his development and keeps his speed as he could help bring back the orange tsunami
Im not sure he’s that quick tho

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Im not sure he’s that quick tho

Angwin has an elite endurance base, showing it off with his remarkable 6:11 two-kilometre time trial, which was among the top five fastest recorded time at the AFL Draft Combines across the country. Adding in his three-second 20-metre sprint and 80cm running vertical leap, Angwin has enough athleticism to suggest that area will not hold him back in the future.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Agree. If we push all of the kids straight into first grade, we'll be forever turning over the team. If they have clear talent and skills that we need (Green, Callaghan) then absolutely get them in early, but if they need some time to develop (Cumming, Idun, Stone, Angwin) then provided they don't believe they'll get a better shot elsewhere, it means a better rounded player when they do make it to first grade.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Agree. If we push all of the kids straight into first grade, we'll be forever turning over the team. If they have clear talent and skills that we need (Green, Callaghan) then absolutely get them in early, but if they need some time to develop (Cumming, Idun, Stone, Angwin) then provided they don't believe they'll get a better shot elsewhere, it means a better rounded player when they do make it to first grade.
That’s not what I’m contesting. I’m saying that Angwin has shown no development in the twos. Idun etc all showed strong development in their first two years. Angwin… none. I’ve watched all of their vfl games that have been streamed… you barely notice he’s on the field.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Is that right we still have at least 13 guys whose contracts expire at end of this year? Ol mate Jason has a bit of work in front of him doesn’t he???

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
If Himmelberg is our of contract I could see a number of clubs interested.
I don't think their is a team in the AFL he doesn't make at the moment.

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
If Himmelberg is our of contract I could see a number of clubs interested.
I don't think their is a team in the AFL he doesn't make at the moment.

Contracted until '23 but as we all know that doesn't always mean much, that said is properly one of the most committed guys to the club

Back