GWS/RAMS v Bendigo

Remove this Banner Ad

Any report would be good, agreed.

I find it hard to get myself interested in these games because I know so many of the players won't be at GWS. After all the majority are scholarship holders with other clubs. GC had a definite advantage in that they had about a dozen or more (IIRC) players on their books in time for the TAC games so you could watch them develop and know they had a pretty good chance of being on the list in a couple of years.

Too right DL. I'll be heading down to GC in the coming months to check on the lads and familiarise myself with team. At least I can see on site the players pic and number.

I can't see any incentive for GWS fan to do same if nearly all the players are on scholarship to an existing AFL club. Whats the point?

My only read on the situation, which makes any of it worthwhile to GWS, is that end of this TAC year the SCHOLS are scrapped allowing current GWS squad to play in VFL as same, or that GWS entry into AFL is actually much further down the track. Any thoughts ?

Im reluctant to give a report on players because it became apparent very quickly that jumper numbers and the name they were yelling did not match the team lists provided. Also learning all the new players in one makes it difficult to.

Disappointing for a in irregular at tac matches TBH that we cant identify players without being club insiders.

However it was your second qtr that did it, attack on the football was sensational, running for each other and a goal from point kick out a dropped mark in the middle but a runner at the feet (possibly Josh Duncan) who took it on. in fact 47 (assuming it was Duncan) took the game on several times and looks great but may need more skill work. Without having a stand out up forward they all presented well and the midfield hit them well in the second term. After half time superbly disciplined in not allowing Bendigo an avenue to goal.

17 Daniel Lloyd (assuming) playing kb role was a stand out. Read the play superbly, didn't fear to take front spot of his opponent and mark it in front or ensured the ball dropped at his feet. The one time he overran moved back eyes on the ball regardless of what was coming.

34: was it Alex Carey? strong attack on the ball and uses it well, looks to be capable for the big time.

My other half now wants me to spend some time with her so more later.

17 was Alex Overs and 47 was Sam Martyn, both excellent players so not surprised they stood out. Carey has been amongst the best every game and looks strong getting plenty of it.

Heres hoping for a strong performance in Canberra this week ahere GWS take on one of the not as strong teams again.

Thanks for the report Cas79

Congrats "RAMS/GWS"

I got out to the first couple of games but haven't seen the last few great to get a report.

Good to hear gws are starting to do a bit strange they waited till it was a "RAMS" fixture!

Carey has been strong in the games I have seen so no surprise there.

Others sounds like numbers were an issue but according to todays paper townsend & webster in best again.

How did Bray go seen he kicked a couple sounds like he has had a couple of good weeks.

Thought there may have been more changes to starting line up this week as I thought they were effectively RAMS trials.

Don't know when I'll see them play again so any report welcome so you blues fans in ACT/southern NSW & Swans fans headin down any info would be great.

This link goes to the match report from Team GWS Website:

http://teamgws.com.au/index.php?id=11&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=57&tx_ttnews[backPid]=10&cHash=87e41a3886

Hopefully there will be another good win on Sat morning at Manuka :D

Thanks Flaggie, I had just found it over a sandwich. Nice to get a report within a reasonable period. Good initiative by GWS, after some prompting, but still good. Manuka should be a competitive game not propped up by Rams and true GWS get a victory. Your mate Carey looks to be firing pretty well which should make you happy. Couple other boys did pretty well in Sydney on the weekend. Particularly those playing U18s seem to dominate their games which is how it should be. Others getting some runs in first grade which is good for the future as well.

For example Flagg kicked 6 and BOG for Riverview, Cooper 10 in 2 weeks including a BOG and 2nd best, Anderson kicked a bag last week for Riverview, Tweedale a BOG for Pennant Hills last week.

First time this year both Adelaides had a win so either way you should be happy

Yes all is good over here in Adelaide Convert. Although Port winning doesn't mean anything, the Crows finally getting up is a huge relief. (Crows /Port rivalry is pretty full on - no love lost between the 2 club's or their supporters)

It's good to hear the GWS lads who went back to local teams played well.
The whole squad needs to be playing well to be competitive & consistently win.

I did send an email to GWS a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if it prompted the recent quick information availability, but it certainly makes it easier for supporters of Team GWS to keep in touch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back