Gws target: Isaac smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Isaac on winning Hawthorns best and fairest 2012 and the subsequest pay increase offer on the normal 2 year contract for a drafted player.

At least if he does go then our compensation would be greatly increased.
Play the system to it's full 'merits'.

How right on was your good source about Goldstein?

If they told you his wife didn't even consider looking at Sydney properties, they would be close. Someone extremely close to his wife (no extra marital affair implied) categorically said, "no offer had been made". I'll believe my White Crow!

Yeah, the mail was always that Goldy was never going but that GWS were huge into him. The offer certainly was there but as for the never even bother looking for a house bit, it certainly chimes with what I heard.

As for Smith, I know nothing beynd the fact that GWS are certainly sniffing around.

If true, lets just think about the player WE are going to target to replace him.

One who does want a premiership (if true of course , give smithy the benefit...)

It all comes back to the culture,the Facilities and Financial strenght of the Club plus the Premiership window is also open.

HAWTHORN ticks all those box's

I would be very surprised if Isaac would ever leave Hawthorn fc , afterall they gave him a break to play AFL.

And if we can manage to hold onto players like Mitchell,Sewell,Lewis,Burgoyne,Rioli Buddy,Roughy and the list goes on and on then i'm sure will we have no trouble in securing Isaac next contract....just leave it up to the football department.

I'm not the least concerned.

The news isn't that he's just a target however. It's that he's been offered a big contract and is likely to accept it.
Well, we've now got 5 months to ponder whether this statement bares any truth.

Of course, he could sign to the HFC sooner.

It's going to be a long year.

We should be in a position to offer him a big contract increase ourselves. (probably can't match GWS if they are going to offer him a crazy contract).

Burgoyne comes out of contract at the end of this year I believe, he's probably in the top 5 paid players at the club, but isn't in the top 5 performers for mine (especially going forward).

So a haircut for Burgoyne and a big increase for Isaac. Hope he stays, a very important player for us going forward.

We need the speed.

I'd be more concerned about savage than smith
My wife taught him at school and he was happy to go anywhere when drafted, in Jan my brother in laws agency took over the management of his rental property and they discussed extending the lease for a further 12 months and they declined saying they couldn't guarantee where they'd be.
Being a hawk man he bombarded them with questions which they replied to everything extremely blank giving nothing away

That's because he'll be able to afford to buy his own house when he re-signs with Hawthorn :p

Besides our stars (Hodge, Buddy, Mitchell, Roughy, Rioli etc) Smith and Savage are the 2 we can least afford to lose.

We need their speed going forward as without them we are one of the slowest midfields in the game. If this happens and he leaves or Savage does, I will be shattered. We would need Hill to come good asap!

Why would he leave, our window is open.

In the beginning players play footy to win premierships, he hasn't done that yet and he is more likely to at Hawthorn than GWS. He will get hansomely paid when his next contract is signed, not as much as GWS but more than enough to set himself up.

I can understand Scully leaving, he was offered stupid amounts of money and Melbourne are hardly likely to win a premiership within 4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't build a team around an Isaac Smith, so on the off chance he signs up with the giants then it will be his loss.

Bingo.
Anyone who would want to leave the club now, when we are on the verge of something special, would have to have rocks in their head.

If GWS are offering though, Lachie Whitfield (assuming GWS finish last) and another decent pick inside 20 should get the job done.

Bingo.
Anyone who would want to leave the club now, when we are on the verge of something special, would have to have rocks in their head.

If GWS are offering though, Lachie Whitfield (assuming GWS finish last) and another decent pick inside 20 should get the job done.
Lol....your dream'n , and you know it ......;)
On the op if true .......not fussed on this one , if he chose's to leave , he's not the bloke many of us thought he was in the first place , ill judge him by his decision .......!!
Opens the door for Hill who will be ready by years end and a 1st round pik in this com'n draft will be gold....:thumbsu:

Oh , and carefull people on what you post on this one .......He read's Bigfooty ...;) Fact !!

Well young Isaac should be aware that he is going to break this hawk fans heart if he leaves, and if he wants to have an adult man tearful sobbing on his conscience then he'll have to live with it for the rest of his life.

Well young Isaac should be aware that he is going to break this hawk fans heart if he leaves, and if he wants to have an adult man tearful sobbing on his conscience then he'll have to live with it for the rest of his life.

That's the spirit, let's tug at his conscience and overpow him with love from these boards.

Say it ain't so Izzie.

Well if he's reading this, he might want to consider where he'll be going. SYDNEY. Not the ideal place for a country bogan. ;) Plus you got the thicker, industrial gased air to inhale. :( Plus you'd have to play on a country ground without your friends. At least at Hawthorn you get to play in front of 80,000+ screaming, passionate fans.

...just saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back