Gws target: Isaac smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like he is staying.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/135304/default.aspx

EXCITING wingman Isaac Smith has started contract negotiations with Hawthorn, saying he wants to remain with the club.

Smith, 23, is out of contract at the end of this season, but told AFL.com.au he hoped to sign a new deal with the Hawks soon.

"I'm just going through a few things [with Hawthorn] at the moment, so we're seeing where we're at," Smith said.

"Hopefully it gets over and done with pretty quickly.

"I want to be at Hawthorn, so hopefully it all comes through."

Great news love this guy. Very interesting quote about the Hawthorn Bigfooty forum as well.

"There must be a few nuff-nuffs out there, I reckon, just talking a bit of drivel," he said.

:D

Great news. He's going to be a legend of the club.

Firstly, obviously my source for this rumour (a colleague of mine who plays VFL footy for Frankston and is friends with Issac) is either a complete "nuff-nuff" or he was "just talking a bit of drivel".

Secondly, as the original poster i should also take some nuff nuff blame and apologise for the drivel. Apologies.

I hope he signs soon.

I read that Mark Evans is "hopeful" with talks about Smith...Doesn't read all that positive, golly I hope we sign him soon, VERY soon...fingers xxxxxxxx

Isaac also said he wants to stay at hawthorn and that people Making the GWS rumours were 'nuff nuffs'. I have no doubt he will re-sign with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a good egg is I O'mith. Reminds me of a number of boys from back home, in the bush, all rolled into one.

We missed him when he was on the sidelines too.

You are supposed to say 'bookmark it!' after making a bold statement like that :p

Bold? It was a firm statement.

Issac would be close to one of our more important players moving forward me thinks. When he plays, and plays well, our game looks so much better.

Now for Savage...

Savage is going nowhere.
The re-signing of players in a team that has some pivotal players entering their twilight means negotiations take a bit more time and little ingenuity to come up with wright numbers and terms that provide a win win for all concerned. Speculation of potential player movements and proper management has even a greater emphasis now then ever given the unrestriced player ruling.

The Hawks surely appreciate that players like Smith & Savage a vital to the future of the team. They bring outside run and spread which is a must in todays game. They can ill afford to lose the one skill that is perhaps not as abundant as it once was in the 08 premiership year.

enough of the nuff nuff, snuff it out now, the talk is too rough, lets play tough, the rest is all guff!

Hope too see an I. Omith re-signing soon.

Omith may come good in a future draft, but I've seen Smith play and I want him re-signed ASAP ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back