Remove this Banner Ad

tonywce23

All Australian
Dec 2, 2006
brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Pretty interesting reading:

A HIDDEN list of potential Greater Western Sydney recruits has been discovered, revealing more than 40 current AFL players were on the Giants’ radar.

While many of the players have since been re-signed by their current clubs, more than a dozen on the list have yet to commit, fuelling speculation they may be headed to Blacktown.

Source: http://www.*************.au/afl-news/2011/05/03/exclusive-list-of-potential-gws-targets/

Murphy wasn't convincing on Gameday (I think) last week.

As convincing as he could be. Wants to be one club player, would think a deal would be done by midseason. You won't get a 100% 'I am staying' from most players negotiating a new contract. It weakens their position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Discovered where? By whom?

Seems like a load of crap to be frank.

Mind you I can't see any reason why GWS would not be after the players on that list.

IIRC, Michael Hurley is not out of contract at the end of this year but next, which means he could still be poached by GWS but he shouldn't be in the bolded category.

If that list is real then GWS haven't done a very good job of identifying who's contract ends when. Doesn't add to the credibility of the article.

Clearly fake...but they'll get a few names from that list for sure. GWS need to pull a big name or 2 IMO. They'll get a Murphy/Pendlebury/Selwood/etc type for sure with the $$$ GWS have. However I really think GWS need 2 superstars. I don't count Folau...he'll be a good marketing tool and it was worth a punt but it's unlikely he'll do any better than Hunt (thankfully the ton of coin were paying Folau doesn't come under the salary cap just like Hunt at GC)

But GWS need 2 superstars IMO

While we're dealing with pure speculation; Matt Priddis can be added to any "potential" list.

Apparently there's been some interest, and the suggestion is he'd like to set himself up financially towards the end of his career after being a late starter and never demanding big contracts.

With the Eagles list probably still one more transition away from a flag tilt I can understand that sort of reasoning.

In other words, a wide range of players are being targetted by GWS as potential recruits. Er, you don't say? :eek:

Pay this guy the big bucks, he's got his finger on the pulse! :rolleyes:

That article is rubbish. Anyone of us could have plucked 40 names and wrote that article, total BS with no substance what so ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back