Analysis GWS - The Bigger Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Antares

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn List Manager, Graham Wright: "Certainly I think the Scully deal was around the injury that he had. But I think it's tied up in a bigger deal for GWS. And that will come to fruition tomorrow"

What could this mean?

Last edited:

Perhaps he’s just referring to the fact that the Giants now have real bargaining power in the Shiel and Lobb deals. Dodoro doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t read much into. Replace the word ‘deal’ with ‘picture’ and I think that’s what Wright was trying to say.

On the other hand I have heard rumours around Patton and Hawks could do with a younger key forward and may be willing to take another salary dump player with injuriesfrom GWS

I wouldn’t read much into. Replace the word ‘deal’ with ‘picture’ and I think that’s what Wright was trying to say.

On the other hand I have heard rumours around Patton and Hawks could do with a younger key forward and may be willing to take another salary dump player with injuriesfrom GWS
That would be about a quarter of our salary cap

Doesn’t that mean Hawks have to give up something reasonable elsewhere? How does that tie in with GWS? We are dealing with Port unless Burton is going somewhere other than Port for a high pick first ?

Perhaps he’s just referring to the fact that the Giants now have real bargaining power in the Shiel and Lobb deals. Dodoro doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

That is my take. GWS now under the magic number for 2018 so can extract full value for Shiel. And Dodoro doesnt like paying full value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back