theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Perhaps he’s just referring to the fact that the Giants now have real bargaining power in the Shiel and Lobb deals. Dodoro doesn’t have a leg to stand on.
The Lobb deal is probably 23, 18 or 11 and something significant back. Hardly the world's biggest trade deal going through there.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What did we get though?

Why is it only us that's seen to be hard to deal with? Personally I think it's a great thing.

Oh noone compares to GCS with the OMeara trade. Noone at all. That was so poorly handled by GCS they not only pissed off a bunch of their players, but also ended up with less in trade than Hawthorn originally offered.

GWS I think also learned from the Cam McCarthy trade. Its one thing to not just be a pushover, but its another thing to affect the other players, as well as future players.

We have seen them pick their battles this year. They are offloading lesser players with minimal fuss and hanging on to the more important player to ensure they get fair value.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Oh noone compares to GCS with the OMeara trade. Noone at all. That was so poorly handled by GCS they not only pissed off a bunch of their players, but also ended up with less in trade than Hawthorn originally offered.

GWS I think also learned from the Cam McCarthy trade. Its one thing to not just be a pushover, but its another thing to affect the other players, as well as future players.

We have seen them pick their battles this year. They are offloading lesser players with minimal fuss and hanging on to the more important player to ensure they get fair value.
It all about making sure Gill stays thick. No-one else matters.

GIANTS' Best Still As Talented As Any in AFL: McLachlan http://m.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2018-10-17/league-boss-weighs-on-on-giants-trades.mobileapp

Back