Prediction GWS THE FUTURE

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
I am WAY more bullish than that. Our list is twice as talented as Collingwood and on par or better than the Swans. Just need the game plan and a good run with injuries.
Was thinking about our list here's the players that I think should be "good" contributors next year:
Cogs
Kelly
Hogan
Greene
Perryman
Taylor
Idun
Cumming
Callaghan
Green
Whitfield
Daniels
Haynes
Ash
HH

Might've missed some but I feel like they should all be good players next year right? That seems like a lot of good players for a team to end up being bad again. Plus maybe Peatling, Aleer, Angwin, Fahey, Buckley, Stone (if he's healthy he's on the list) with some luck/development could be there as well. Maybe that's too optimistic idk but I think they should all be pretty good next year.

Maximus 2011

All Australian
Oct 4, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Was thinking about our list here's the players that I think should be "good" contributors next year:
Cogs
Kelly
Hogan
Greene
Perryman
Taylor
Idun
Cumming
Callaghan
Green
Whitfield
Daniels
Haynes
Ash
HH

Might've missed some but I feel like they should all be good players next year right? That seems like a lot of good players for a team to end up being bad again. Plus maybe Peatling, Aleer, Angwin, Fahey, Buckley, Stone (if he's healthy he's on the list) with some luck/development could be there as well. Maybe that's too optimistic idk but I think they should all be pretty good next year.
Yep, well I would say our A graders are Cogs, Kelly, Greene, Green, Perryman, Taylor, Whitfield, Hogan. By saying A graders I expect these guys to win their position every time they run out. The key for the Giants squad is to get that list from 8 players to 12+. I still think Cumming, Idun, Ash, Daniels, Riccardi, Preuss are they players we need to take the next step to become A graders. I am super bullish on the Giants next year with a new game plan. Call me ridiculous but I honestly believe we win 14+ games next year.

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Yep, well I would say our A graders are Cogs, Kelly, Greene, Green, Perryman, Taylor, Whitfield, Hogan. By saying A graders I expect these guys to win their position every time they run out. The key for the Giants squad is to get that list from 8 players to 12+. I still think Cumming, Idun, Ash, Daniels, Riccardi, Preuss are they players we need to take the next step to become A graders. I am super bullish on the Giants next year with a new game plan. Call me ridiculous but I honestly believe we win 14+ games next year.
14 games! wow. I'd be really surprised by that, think if we make finals thats a great year and a perfect start to the Kingsley era and I think that's more unlikely then likely.

Im a bit the same, but we will lack depth. So injuries would be a problem.

Our depth will be all kids, who will play like kids, not matter how talented they are, they are inconsistent, especially with the little things.

PaythePerryman

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
If we make finals I'll be VERY surprised. Fortunately the expectations are low and the draw should be more gentle.

Lot of kids and a new game style...might surprise a few teams.

Who's the new stand out for 2023?
Callaghan, Stone, Aleer?

Maximus 2011

All Australian
Oct 4, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
2023 draft.. I know looking to next year haha. But, like has been mentioned in the draft and trading thread it would be very beneficial for us to move our now pick #19 to next years draft if we are able to land a future first from another club in return.

Now the here is the reason why I posted it in here... Which teams will be wanting to trade out their future first for next year because they have academy / father/son selections in the first round next year? We keep hearing 2023 will be stacked and no doubt there will be a draftee tied to a club in the first round next year. Maybe Gold Coast? If we could trade our pick #19 this year and say a future second rounder to GC for their first rounder next year.... wow

Draft guru PMBangers I am sure you are all over this?

Blue train 28

Team Captain
Sep 13, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
2023 draft.. I know looking to next year haha. But, like has been mentioned in the draft and trading thread it would be very beneficial for us to move our now pick #19 to next years draft if we are able to land a future first from another club in return.

Now the here is the reason why I posted it in here... Which teams will be wanting to trade out their future first for next year because they have academy / father/son selections in the first round next year? We keep hearing 2023 will be stacked and no doubt there will be a draftee tied to a club in the first round next year. Maybe Gold Coast? If we could trade our pick #19 this year and say a future second rounder to GC for their first rounder next year.... wow

Draft guru PMBangers I am sure you are all over this?
Giants should hold pick 19 till draft night. That selection is actually worth a lot because there is always one or two players that slip through to the 2nd round that clubs rank highly. By holding this pick till then giants should get some really good offers!

Blue train 28

Team Captain
Sep 13, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
I’m not worried about the giants future. New coach coming in a new outlook and game plan could really boost this squad and there believe. There is still so much talent on the list. I know losing some good players is going to hurt but geez the draft picks will keep coming and some guns will stay. And the orange Ferrari will be back running harder then ever!
Callaghan is going to be special. But with hopper and Taranto gone Tom Greene is going to boom. Expect an AA year from that guy next year.

Maximus 2011

All Australian
Oct 4, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
I’m not worried about the giants future. New coach coming in a new outlook and game plan could really boost this squad and there believe. There is still so much talent on the list. I know losing some good players is going to hurt but geez the draft picks will keep coming and some guns will stay. And the orange Ferrari will be back running harder then ever!
Callaghan is going to be special. But with hopper and Taranto gone Tom Greene is going to boom. Expect an AA year from that guy next year.
Yep, big Tommy Green with 3 pre seasons into him is a scary thought for opposition clubs

Maximus 2011

All Australian
Oct 4, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Even scarier he hasn’t re-signed yet
He will be a Giant for life mate. The only other place he is going is Richmond and they just loaded up with 2 inside midfielders for the next 7 years. They wouldn't have done that if they thought they were a chance to land Tom Green

List management outcomes like this are a problem for a club trying to build a loyal following.
Player wanted stay, player is popular within the club and among the fans.

Player leaves because we srewed the cap, again.

(Moved, for context was in relation to Tim moving on)

Last edited:
List management outcomes like this are a problem for a club trying to build a loyal following.
Player wanted stay, player is popular within the club and among the fans.

Player leaves because we srewed the cap, again.
There's still a question there - should we be paying through the nose for a player who overlaps with our strengths? I believe we put an offer to him, but on the short side relatively speaking.

There's still a question there - should we be paying through the nose for a player who overlaps with our strengths? I believe we put an offer to him, but on the short side relatively speaking.
I couldn't get a read on what may have been put to him, but am assuming, as we've done previously, we lowballed to force him to look elsewhere.
It's the same outcome, with club spin applied.
Maybe I am just becoming jaded on our list management as a whole, but my read is the new team hasn't done anything the old team didn't do.

On reflection it's not a maybe, I am becoming jaded..
We churn players at a rate that would make it challenging for a parent to keep a young supporter in their favourite player's jumper, unless they love a plodder or an older player, which isn't often the case :think:

PaythePerryman

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
Hansen Zreika is refusing to wear the pride jumper again.

That sort of thing is not sustainable.
It's a tricky one hey.
But it's not like you can say it's about 'education'. It's her religious values.

It's a bit of a bind. We want to engage with the communities in Western Sydney.
Well...this comes with that.

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
He will be a Giant for life mate. The only other place he is going is Richmond and they just loaded up with 2 inside midfielders for the next 7 years. They wouldn't have done that if they thought they were a chance to land Tom Green
They might want him as a free agent for 2028, or earlier if one of taranto/ Hopper has a serious injury.

Back