Traded GWS trade #6 and future R1 pick (tied to GWS) to Adelaide for #4

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Just think if carlton didn't do the pick trade you guys right now would be debating which of anderson or rowell you would take as bolton never would have got the sack half way through the year. The pressure on SOS to act became unbearable when the crows were on track for pick 1 but if carlton held the pick it would have been vastly different messaging and we will back bolton in with a wink towards another pick 1
Your post leaves me thinking it was the greatest thing we could possibly do, get a kid in for nothing and get the coaching panel heading in the right direction. GC were always getting that handout, so we get Kemp instead of Jackson this year which is a win imo.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Any real point going in that hot and heavy on Stocker?

Only played a few games, but showed good composure and defensive intent while adapting to an unfamiliar position.

Still needs to work on his conditioning, which is largely being addressed, but he’s got a heap of tools at his disposal to at least be a reasonable midfielder with the ability to go into defense if necessary.

You don’t have to rate him, but surely you can recognise how premature your assessment is?
Don't feed the troll

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
So be honest you actually barracked for Richmond to beat North ............... Really ?? Deep inside
No Way
100% - no doubt at all.

I wanted the Tigers to win every game when I was there - including beating North. But if my kid played for them - well that’s next level. How any parent would put their happiness over their child’s is beyond me.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
100% - no doubt at all.

I wanted the Tigers to win every game when I was there - including beating North. But if my kid played for them - well that’s next level. How any parent would put their happiness over their child’s is beyond me.
My kid can win all other games except for the Richmond game , For me its way too much to barrack against my team

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your post leaves me thinking it was the greatest thing we could possibly do, get a kid in for nothing and get the coaching panel heading in the right direction. GC were always getting that handout, so we get Kemp instead of Jackson this year which is a win imo.
Sure, but if Carlton finished dead last, then GC would have got picks 2 & 3 - no way on this earth the AFL would have stripped Carlton of pick 1. But don't forget the whole year just gone, the carlton board were singing in unison that the crows 1st you had was going to be traded for a player (read papley) and it didn't happen

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
And please don't flatter yourselves that you had anything to do with Greens development.His football development started way before you were even thought of.

He’s what? 17/18

We were founded in 2010 - he would have been 8/9 at the time - so not a huge amount of high level, high performance, professional football development in the Canberra Auskick ranks before then I would have thought. He joined the academy at the age of 12 and has been under the guidance of Academy coaches ever since.

So, you know, try again sunshine.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
You started it , The thread is about Tom Green who happens to be the grandson of Michael green a richmond legend
Its still on topic

You so sound like every North Melbourne supporter for the past six years talking about Josh Kelly. Every time his contract comes up it’s the same thing, and then when he re-signs it’s always “just you wait - in two years time, you’ll see, just you wait”

Hilarious

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
You so sound like every North Melbourne supporter for the past six years talking about Josh Kelly. Every time his contract comes up it’s the same thing, and then when he re-signs it’s always “just you wait - in two years time, you’ll see, just you wait”

Hilarious
Clearly you have not read my response to the last GWS supporter who also posted the exact same comments

Richmond is the biggest club in the land playing at the best venue in the land with the biggest army in the land, And you compare to North
good night

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Adelaide's whole rationale and selling point for the pick swap last year was to get a Top 1 to 4 Pick that they have never had before.

I guess Reid just didn't have the confidence in the end to pull the trigger on a Top pick. Instead they've ended up with a more generic pick 7 instead a more generic pick 10. But with the Pick 19 pushed back two years.

Todays deal is a safe way to get back to pretty much square one, but the Top Pick theory got put in the too hard basket or backfired.

It’s not Reid’s call. Talent ID rate the draft, they had 1-2 clear of 3 who was clear of a clump at 4-8. Word is that if we had 3 we’d have used it. But 4-8 hard to split so Reid told if he can do a deal to keep our pick in that range and get us something else worthwhile, then do the deal. Reid doesn‘t pull triggers on top picks, Talent ID does that.

liz

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
100% - no doubt at all.

Parents and grandparents may be somewhat different. And it might depend on degree of involvement with said club. When Josh Kennedy played against Hawthorn in the 2012 grand final, his father was barracking for the Swans but his grandfather retained his allegiance to Hawthorn.

I think Tigers fans are kidding themselves, however, if they think that a grandparent's history with a club with have a great effect in persuading a player to seek to join that club somewhere down the line. Even sons of players put opportunities, home allegiances, money and other career factors ahead of sentimentality. Including leaving clubs family members played for (or seeking to leave clubs) they are already at if it suits them. Just from Swans recent experience (because I am familiar with it) - Josh Kennedy left Hawthorn, Tom Mitchell left Sydney to join Hawthorn, Tom Papley recently requested a trade away from the Swans. No doubt there are numerous other examples involving other clubs.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Sure, but if Carlton finished dead last, then GC would have got picks 2 & 3 - no way on this earth the AFL would have stripped Carlton of pick 1. But don't forget the whole year just gone, the carlton board were singing in unison that the crows 1st you had was going to be traded for a player (read papley) and it didn't happen
The only certainties in life are that you will die and pay taxes, they believe Stocker would be better then everyone in this draft besides Rowell, Anderson and only time will tell if that is true or not.

It really matters not what we do with pick 9, we had a player willing to.come.and a deal struck with the Swans to use it and I certainly don't mind us taking it to.the.draft because the bombers are morons.

Fwiw it was easy to see why they rated stocker so highly, if he works hard and can get near Walsh fitness wise I'd almost back him in to be better. Also don't know why you are trying to focus so.much on Carlton in an Adelaide GWS trade thread.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
How did Joe go back at training this week?
Was all forgiven?

He's back next session apparently. Earlier than required so good signs there but I think should his body get right he'll fold back in easily enough.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
It’s not Reid’s call. Talent ID rate the draft, they had 1-2 clear of 3 who was clear of a clump at 4-8. Word is that if we had 3 we’d have used it. But 4-8 hard to split so Reid told if he can do a deal to keep our pick in that range and get us something else worthwhile, then do the deal. Reid doesn‘t pull triggers on top picks, Talent ID does that.

Massive coincidence that Adelaide (or its supporters?) rate 4-8 but not 9+.

Assuming in SA it’s
1-2: Rowell, Anderson
3: Green
4-8: Young, Flanders, Ash, Kemp, Serong, Jackson, Robertson, Stephens, McAsey?

Just trying to suit a narrative.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Don’t they have to have list spots open for the picks they take into the draft. How many picks do they need to make up next year’s deficit?
Yes. How many list spots do GWS have available for this years draft?

Does any team know what list spots it’s going to have available the following year?

Currently GWS has a second round pick, and two third round picks next year.

According to the AFL’s formula (google it if you want to know) GWS will have enough points this year and next, not counting pick 4, to match a bid at pick 5, and have enough residual points to match a bid on their other academy kid at pick 46.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The superdraft dried up at Duursma last year. Stocker looks mediocre and after him the draft falls off a cliff. The Crows were VERY smart to cash out there. They got a lottery ticket for a number one pick.
What are you talking about? I agree with many of your other points, but Bobby Hill did just fine last year, and the rest of the first round is far too early to call. If we could fully evaluate players after their first year then Lewis Taylor would be a superstar right now.

TryAnHit

Club Legend
Mar 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wrong
Blues would have prob got pick 1 and 2
You cant give a priority pick to a team finishing 2nd last

You dodged the post, as usual.

Stop polluting this thread with more manure.

Richards great grand father was a Coleman medalist,
2 x Premiership player for Collingwood and also a captain of Richmond.

Not to mention his grandfather and great uncle.

Surely his trade request is imminent....

I think I've summarised his points: only players with either family links or no links to Richmond want to change clubs.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Assuming in SA it’s

Just going by what Reid said on the radio and knowledge of the actual responsibilities of List Management compared to Talent ID. Not suggesting they got it right, but check my posting on your own board over our pick swap and Stoker and you’ll find extreme consistency. If you saw no difference between 4 and 8 or even 4-12 as per your list, would you not go back 2 places from 4 for an extra free late first rounder the following year? I understand that we don’t have a lot of experience using low picks, we’ve had a total of 2 in our 20 odd years and that you guys are the masters. But trading back 2 spots to get a solid pick next year isn’t exactly turning our back on the high end of the draft because we’re too scared to pick at 4.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The only certainties in life are that you will die and pay taxes, they believe Stocker would be better then everyone in this draft besides Rowell, Anderson and only time will tell if that is true or not.

It really matters not what we do with pick 9, we had a player willing to.come.and a deal struck with the Swans to use it and I certainly don't mind us taking it to.the.draft because the bombers are morons.

Fwiw it was easy to see why they rated stocker so highly, if he works hard and can get near Walsh fitness wise I'd almost back him in to be better. Also don't know why you are trying to focus so.much on Carlton in an Adelaide GWS trade thread.

I was responding to a crack about the pick swap with carlton being a fail which is rubbish

Assuming in SA it’s

Only repeating what our list management team have said & it's in their hands.

Also why I don't expect we will split pick 6 any further.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
GWS hedging there bets that Melbourne don't bid on Greene at 3 whilst simultaneously matching and picking up a second first round pick in this draft (Jacksn/Young + Greene). Not rating next years draft that highly with the amount of academy prospects already compromising the depth of it.

The one question that needs answering is how highly the 4 academy kids (Jack Driscoll, Josh Fahey, Josh Green, Sam Stening) the Giants have next year are rated? IF they aren't in the top handful (1st round material) then it bodes well for a real bargain anyways.

Back