GWS v Western Jets

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 8, 2009
slightly off centre
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
It will be interesting to see how the boys perform this week as a GWS team. After breaking the TAC Cup duck last week with an injection of Rams players they will be on their own at Manuka on Saturday. This game in theory looks to be one where they could hope for a win as Jets are also struggling a bit in 2010. Having said that they are still a Victorian regional team and will be able to play footy.

This match is a lead up to Swans and Bulldogs so good time to put their best foot forward.

Carn GWS

I am off down south for the weekend at last minute so thought I would drop in to gws game saturday morning. Great for boys to play lead up to Swans but tickets all caught up with the main game. Hope everyone who wants one can get it. Given the size of Manuka they need a system where you can buy a ticket just for the prelim match. Maybe a big deposit at the gate that gets refunded if you leave before 12 .30pm.

$23.50 to see a TAC Cup match

Just a thought

I am off down south for the weekend at last minute so thought I would drop in to gws game saturday morning. Great for boys to play lead up to Swans but tickets all caught up with the main game. Hope everyone who wants one can get it. Given the size of Manuka they need a system where you can buy a ticket just for the prelim match. Maybe a big deposit at the gate that gets refunded if you leave before 12 .30pm.

$23.50 to see a TAC Cup match

Just a thought
My parents are paying $30 odd each to see the North Adelaide vs Glenelg under 16s grand final
(and no, I'm not playing in it)

Yeah its crap. I bet no-one who's going to the match stays around to watch the Power V Carlton match either (unless its to support Carlton)

Playing a curtain-raiser on AFL stadium is great but look after the team & their supporters as well so they aren't paying out ridiculous money for the privilege.

SANFL didn't even give Glenelg enough free tickets to cover the players, parents and support staff. For gods sake they could have taken away the covers on one of the tapolin covered sections and given them seats there.

Great to hear of the victory. But will any of the lads in this protozoic team be part of the GWS squad when they play in VFL or AFL ? That is the 6 million dollar question. If not, then whats the point ? Are any of the lads signed up with GWS yet ? Or do most of them belong to other AFL clubs by way of Scholarships? :cool:

Great to hear of the victory. But will any of the lads in this protozoic team be part of the GWS squad when they play in VFL or AFL ? That is the 6 million dollar question. If not, then whats the point ? Are any of the lads signed up with GWS yet ? Or do most of them belong to other AFL clubs by way of Scholarships? :cool:

Gws have about 8-10 boys signed up for this year but do not know for how long. There are about 25 on scholarships with other clubs and I guess some will get picked up and some not. The one thing for certain is that if they put in the effort they will be better players at the end of the year than they were at the start. Allan McConnell and his assistants appear to be doing a top job.

Saw the game on Saturday and it was a very good win. Probably should have won by another 5-6 goals as Gws were dominant in possession and forward 50s but failed to put it on the scoreboard. Variety of reasons. Jets had a good forward line but the rest seemed a bit below par. Lack of height and body meant gws won more than their share of hard ball but a few poor options hurt.

Despite that some great patches of play with hard running and handballing creating good opportunities. Straight kicking in the first quarter got gws to the lead and it was never surrended.

Blokes like Mahoney, Carey, Brain and Stevens worked hard in the middle all day to give the forwards a chance.

All in all a game that started as a great display but unfortunately became a little scrappy towards the end. However take nothing away from the endeavour of the boys who are a whole lot better than game 1 when Knights towelled them up.

Good to see gws string 2 together & first as genuine gws

From convert report appears usual suspects played well, glad t hear mahoney went ok, from I had seen previousely he tries hard but kicking lets him down.

Happy to see Bray kicked a couple, must be some chance of being rookied by the blues, good luck to him.

As has been noted on here sometimes best hasn't matched others opinions so would be keen to hear other reports, that said obviously coaches may of given blokes jobs & be happy with how they applied themselves so not bagging coaches just some see footy differently.

Surprised to read the player's were not issued at least 1 pass for family poor form in my opinion.

Are they playing at rooty hill next week may get out haven't seen them for a couple of weeks, will be interested to see if the 2 wins have added confidence & belief.

There were a couple of surprises in the best, but as mentioned they may have had a role to play. I thought that Townsend was good again, Collins playing in the midfield was good with his clearence work and around the ground, but needs to kick goals up forward when resting. I have not been a big fan of Kane Murphy,but he must be taking on board instructions as he is playing more of a team game and was one of the best on ground. Carey was good again, but he has set a high standard in the first part of the season he will have to be outstanding to get in best players in future.

In regards to family passes, I was told that as it was a Swans game GWS had no access to more tickets.

RAMS game on at Blacktown this Saturday against NT, so boys not picked will go and play locally.

There were a couple of surprises in the best, but as mentioned they may have had a role to play. I thought that Townsend was good again, Collins playing in the midfield was good with his clearence work and around the ground, but needs to kick goals up forward when resting. I have not been a big fan of Kane Murphy,but he must be taking on board instructions as he is playing more of a team game and was one of the best on ground. Carey was good again, but he has set a high standard in the first part of the season he will have to be outstanding to get in best players in future.

In regards to family passes, I was told that as it was a Swans game GWS had no access to more tickets.

RAMS game on at Blacktown this Saturday against NT, so boys not picked will go and play locally.

do you know what time that Rams game starts? or where i can find the info? Cheers :thumbsu:

Game is at 1.30pm Saturday at Blacktown, QLD and Tasmania play before at 11am.

Information on the National Championships draw is on the TAC Cup website.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see gws string 2 together & first as genuine gws

From convert report appears usual suspects played well, glad t hear mahoney went ok, from I had seen previousely he tries hard but kicking lets him down.

Happy to see Bray kicked a couple, must be some chance of being rookied by the blues, good luck to him.

As has been noted on here sometimes best hasn't matched others opinions so would be keen to hear other reports, that said obviously coaches may of given blokes jobs & be happy with how they applied themselves so not bagging coaches just some see footy differently.

Surprised to read the player's were not issued at least 1 pass for family poor form in my opinion.

Are they playing at rooty hill next week may get out haven't seen them for a couple of weeks, will be interested to see if the 2 wins have added confidence & belief.

Kicking continued to let him down a little but 22 touches and some gut busting runs around the wing and through the middle lets me forgive him this week

Cheers mate

Though I thought it was a dogs HG & an AFL fixture so you would think the AFL could come up with 22 or 44 passes

Great to see they've strung a couple of wins together. Still haven't been able to get down for a game, but will be trying to get down to it this week. Is it at Craigieburn against the Knights on Saturday?

No GWS game this week, their next game is against the Northern Knights next saturday the 29th May at Cragieburn.

Ah thanks, knew it was against the Knights. Hopefully will still be able to make it the next weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back