VFL GWS VFL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Werribee linked to Carlton?
We are really getting some great depth.
By all reports Stone, Rowsten and Jones looking terrific every week.
Angwin getting lots of praise too.
Nice to have a stack of guys ready to go and banging the door down.
Bullants was Carlton’s affiliate.

No Gothard
Good win and away shows some of the class in the reserves. I think the duo of Preuss and Madden helped and not sure on the Werribee ruck but a real challenge whoever they had

No Gothard
Wonder why, he's just come back from his illness. Perhaps not fully receovered?

Good win and away shows some of the class in the reserves. I think the duo of Preuss and Madden helped and not sure on the Werribee ruck but a real challenge whoever they had
Sam Conway. Seems a fairly well regarded, but nevertheless young (22 yo) non-AFL aligned ruckman. Combined 69-34 (including 2 other players' HOs for Werribee) HO in our favour.

Shout out to Izaac HUghes. VFL listed,sustained some very significant injuries competing hard for the pill last week v Werribee, recovering now and will be a long recovery. All the best Izaac, hope you are doing well under the circumstances..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They only sealed it in the last few minutes. It was entertaining.
Preuss didn't play so Madden played a monster game. His best performance I've seen.
Huge stats to back it up.
View attachment 1971476
this is exciting.
If Madden is a legitimate AFL option that takes a big risk of the list depth.

Anyone there that is able to comment on the blokes in or around the squad.

Stone, Rowsten, Angwin and Gruz seem to be playing really well, hope they did it again today.
Only via the AFL livestream. It's single camera and long shots, but enough to get a reasonable idea from a strictly amateur perspective.
Stone is getting close to being too good for VFL, but not good enough to push into the best 22/23. Maybe a possible replacement for Brown if we need like/like position players. Similar impact as Brown with disposals, goal sense, long kicks and marking.
Rowston is developing nicely. Throws himself into the contest, and his possessions have more polish and is getting better at pushing forward when he has the chance. He could be pushed into seniors for Ward or Cogs if they need a rest.
Angwin has been good without starring - not enough to say he's better than Wehr right now. It could be his impact is limited due to the drop in class of the midfield group. I think Hamilton has been slightly better overall - or it might be I notice his hairdo easier in the livestream...
Gruz is really developing into a viable point of difference player. His last 2 goals broke open the game on Friday with a nice snap and a set shot on a tight angle. I can't wait to see him at AFL level playing 3rd tall forward. Great hands, a great kick and could be a Bayley Fritsch (spelling?) type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back