Preview GWS vs Essendon, Sydney Showgrounds, Saturday 03/06/17 @ 4:35 PM

The team that won't lose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd be the first to get all over Belly's back about his pressure but he was actually really good around the ball with his follow up work.
Looks like he's remotely fit at the moment which is nice.

T-Bell can't run out the game in the ruck - Hence why Stewart spent so much time in the ruck - Leunberger will return.

They play Harry Himmelberg forward, a 195/92 key forward.

Himmelberg is struggling with the demands of AFL footy - It will be surprising if he is a factor.

Dea? I thought he was pretty decent. Would be a harsh out.

Dea has struggled nearly as much as Hartley - Had 2 decent games, struggled in the other three games - Will give him the benefit of the doubt with Watts as this was a poor match up - Poor performances against Kersten and Caddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine it will be standard changes with Leunberger and Ambrose to return - Expect that results in the next two weeks will determine selection after round 12 - Two losses will see the team changed for the last 10 games.

Imagine it will be standard changes with Leunberger and Ambrose to return - Expect that results in the next two weeks will determine selection after round 12 - Two losses will see the team changed for the last 10 games.
Agree. Round 13 is our bye, after that we get Laverde and Brown starting to get close to returning as well (I imagine they'd come through the VFL if they come through at all, but it'll still factor into our thinking a bit).

I think they are ripe for the picking. I reckon we've been lucky like that a few times this year - west coast and geelong. If Lobb doesn't play I will be pretty optimistic.

I'm getting concerned about the amount of people wanting one of our players to hurt an opposition player.

This saga has twisted us

Its relatively few, though it is consistent. Says more about the people than the supporter base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how we approach this match and if it gets ugly, whether we can stem the tide.

They seem to be a team that if you can get on top of them early they go into themselves a bit.

Not looking forward to this one at all.

We need to win this or Port to have a chance at finals footy for me.

6-6 into the bye is pretty good considering everything.

Yep need to win one of these next two, will see us needing 6 more wins from the last 10 games and I think we are definite chances in all of them bar Adelaide.

We need to win this or Port to have a chance at finals footy for me.

6-6 into the bye is pretty good considering everything.
I don't think so. 6-6 would be nice but I can see 7 wins from Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Fremantle, Gold Coast, North Melbourne, St. Kilda, Sydney and maybe the Dogs in reality.

I don't think so. 6-6 would be nice but I can see 7 wins from Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Fremantle, Gold Coast, North Melbourne, St. Kilda, Sydney and maybe the Dogs in reality.
Brisbane 80/20
Collingwood 50/50
Carlton 60/40
Fremantle 60/40
Gold Coast 50/50
North Melbourne 50/50
St Kilda 50/50
Sydney 50/50
Bulldogs 35/65

That's being pretty generous.

Won't be easy to make it if we are 5-7 going into the bye.

I'm getting concerned about the amount of people wanting one of our players to hurt an opposition player.

This saga has twisted us
Define 'hurt'....
If by hurt you mean injure, then yes that moves a little toward the twisted end of the spectrum. If by hurt you mean cause pain or discomfort, somewhat temporarily, then absolutely - when done legally and 'fairly' - I'm not only all for it, I EXPECT it. Ever heard of 'bruise-free' footy before?

I can see 5 from that lot that I would be confident in saying are wins.

Saints and North are playing good footy and have hurt us in the past
Sydney is up there and never a easy game, even with their form this year
Dogs, well no I don't think so. not if our midfield is struggling to the level it has to start the year

Not to mention that Pies normally have the wood over us and Carlton have shown they can be difficult to put down this year which are 2 I included in my 5.

Brisbane 80/20 Same
Collingwood 50/50 65/35
Carlton 60/40 65/35
Fremantle 60/40 Same
Gold Coast 50/50 60/40
North Melbourne 50/50 60/40
St Kilda 50/50 Same
Sydney 50/50 Same
Bulldogs 35/65 Same

That's being pretty generous.

Won't be easy to make it if we are 5-7 going into the bye.
I obviously disagree on around half but I think we go in favourites against Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Freo, Gold Coast and North at the very least

because the world would be a better place (!!) if we just wanted our players to play better than the other lot rather than hurt them. Inflicting the emotional pain of defeat is generally enough. Wanting our guys to attack hard doesn't have to equate to wanting them to physically hurt the other side. I hate seeing players - of any team - get injured, especially if it's a dirty act by one of ours. I like that our players play fair.

I obviously disagree on around half but I think we go in favourites against Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Freo, Gold Coast and North at the very least
If we win all those that's 6 wins and if we win one of the 50/50 games or pinch an upset there's your 12 wins. However it's much easier said than done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back