Rumour GWS want pick #1

Remove this Banner Ad

Watts, Trengove, Toumpas etc etc. We weren't the only one with bad recruiters and administrators but like melbourne we have done something about it and replaced a lot of the administrators and recruiters that got us in to such a bad position. As Melbourne would know it 's not a overnight fix
Just because you have replaced them doesn’t mean anything will change. Melbourne weren’t getting worse years after the replacements either. Just sayin

Hahahaha, or we couls go cap in hand like nelbourne to the AFL and get them to pay for the master coach roosy to come save us?

What a joke
No need to go cap in hand stuff if you just flat out cheat ey? Much better look for the club. Bit of a joke this whole PP situation at the Blues wouldn’t you say? Back in your box!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, it’s a good idea for this year. But there is something special about getting pick 1, it excites supporters and generates discussion - I wouldn’t be automatically trading them out every year.
i think you guys have been the only team to use it properly for a long time with picking up mcgrath, although i still have confidence in weiters.

Richmond breached the salary cap in 1996,1998,2000,2007 and 2010, time to move on mate.

Exceeding the salary cap by $13,000 in 2010 because of poor management is a little bit different than systematic breaches of the salary cap of a combined $1,370,000 over the space of four years.

Richmond breached the salary cap in 1996,1998,2000,2007 and 2010, time to move on mate.
Breached and systematically cheating the system are totally different things. The way Richmond was run thru those years that’s completely understandable they didn’t know how to total the books. I wonder what the fines were? Surely even?

They breached in 2007 and 2010? Thats hilarious!

How?! Why?! 2007 is especially funny when you remember they got done by 157 points to Geelong and collected the spoon that year.

Thats just brilliant. Classic Richmond.

Let's actually entertain this 'rumour' and consider a realistic hypothetical.

In this scenario say Dylan Shiel accepts contract terms with Carlton.

Pick 1 is probably on an open market valued slightly higher than Shiel. You'd place him maybe ~5. This added with the fact Carlton wouldn't part with the pick unless they're receiving what they'd consider overs and you probably have to start looking at adding something at the end of the first round value back.

1. Let's assume GC gain a compensation pick for TLynch
2. AND Carlton and GC gain an end of first round priority pick for arguments sake
3. GWS finish 6th

Pick 1 and Pick 28 for Dylan Shiel, Will Setterfield/Pick 14 and Pick 47

That would give Shiel a worth equivalency to pick 4.

Let's actually entertain this 'rumour' and consider a realistic hypothetical.

In this scenario say Dylan Shiel accepts contract terms with Carlton.

Pick 1 is probably on an open market valued slightly higher than Shiel. You'd place him maybe ~5. This added with the fact Carlton wouldn't part with the pick unless they're receiving what they'd consider overs and you probably have to start looking at adding something at the end of the first round value back.

1. Let's assume GC gain a compensation pick for TLynch
2. AND Carlton and GC gain an end of first round priority pick for arguments sake
3. GWS finish 6th

Pick 1 and Pick 28 for Dylan Shiel, Will Setterfield/Pick 14 and Pick 47

That would give Shiel a worth equivalency to pick 4.
That's not realistic though. We wont be selling the farm chasing pick 1.

Have been a few failed #1 draft picks recently - #1 pick adds too much pressure and expectations to that player - overrated

Lots of poorly run clubs have had them over the last 10 years or so, though...maybe it's not the pick that's the problem ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back