Are the Giants out of premiership discussion now the double chance is gone? ( 2.0 updated page 17 )

Remove this Banner Ad

How so? Everyone had him gone last year. His boyhood club and 1.whatever mil a year for 6 or 7 years.

And yet...
Weak response as in I'm talking about the future, you're referencing last year ... which I've already addressed in my points. If you're going on faith alone fine, just admit it.

I'll say this though, your club should be assessing if he is essential to your team being a premiership team, and either way what is the best return you can get for him in creating a premiership team, rather than team of stars.

Starts with the coaching group.
They are gonski and would do what i can to get an experienced coach. Hope it comes together with what we have for a 2019 run at the flag. Convincing a couple who may be bordline leaving to staying.

As for players we have no one to replace any we lose due to our trading and drafting.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
TBH I'm not convinced your coaching is terrible, but as I've been alluding to more hamstrung by list management. No team is going to brush off your level of injuries, but even less so if the investment is all in the top end talent. As I suggested above, losing some of the these players may actually help in the long run.

We won the whole shebang last year by building around what we had on the park, not what we wished we had. If you are a coach with a ton of top end talent and little proven beyond that it would be very easy to focus on your best 22.

Weak response as in I'm talking about the future, you're referencing last year ... which I've already addressed in my points. If you're going on faith alone fine, just admit it.

Not at all. Im saying that every man and his dog had him gone last year. To now here the same garbage now? Nothing is definate.
Nothing to do with faith. If he leaves our club for a godfather deal who could blame him.

I'll say this though, your club should be assessing if he is essential to your team being a premiership team, and either way what is the best return you can get for him in creating a premiership team, rather than team of stars.

With that we need a coach who can coach and be able to make those decisions.

TBH I'm not convinced your coaching is terrible, but as I've been alluding to more hamstrung by list management. No team is going to brush off your level of injuries, but even less so if the investment is all in the top end talent. As I suggested above, losing some of the these players may actually help in the long run.

Coaching is a major issue. No plan B.
Was never expecting us to brush of the injuries we have had.
The mistakes and poor positional play is coming from our stars not just the rookies brought in to replace the injuries.

We won the whole shebang last year by building around what we had on the park, not what we wished we had. If you are a coach with a ton of top end talent and little proven beyond that it would be very easy to focus on your best 22.

Cameron cant though thats the issue. No building with what we have and poor all round tactics.

He is a very silly coach then if he isnt planning for injuries etc. Especially after last year.

We may choose to do nothing significant, and that might be the best call. It's a difficult judgement whether to keep the stats or target more depth with our cap.
A better run with injuries could have,, and still might, make it look like genius.

Ine thing that will always happen is talk will favour action when sometimes no action is the right decision. We now have the same rules and cap as everyone, with remaining value from our concessions.
If we change direction and target depth now we'll bleed value in the trades. Last year maybe we should have traded Kelly, but we cant go back now.

Errrr yes he will cos his father played there for one. Secondly that small club is building towards success. Thirdly I wonder why did he only sign two years if gws is so successful for have a bright future. Also the end of his current contract is also the beginning of his unrestricted free agency...

john blakey played 220 games for north and two flags and his son told your club to gagf

kelly’s dad played 60 and josh told you to stick 1.5 mil up your clacker

it just ain’t happening

If that mattered to him he would of signed for millions last year. He didnt.

If our coaching doesnt improve he may want to leave though.

as things turns out, coaching is a bit...................... general structure not clear.

john blakey played 220 games for north and two flags and his son told your club to gagf

kelly’s dad played 60 and josh told you to stick 1.5 mil up your clacker

it just ain’t happening

not when you play in a manufactured team with no culture and not being successful. 1.2 mil will look a lot better.

not when you play in a manufactured team with no culture and not being successful. 1.2 mil will look a lot better.

im sure a big successful club will offer him the same and he’ll go there instead of north, or he’ll just stay at the giants. outside of childhood fantasies, north just isn’t an option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries. Period.

They might not make it but they will definitely shape it if they get near to their best side on the park. I'm glad we don't get them again. Hawthorn & Port have to play them, so that's good for us from a top 8 perspective.

I was impressed with the way they played yesterday. Their form, toughness, resolve and spirit was the best I've seen them display since their win over Collingwood in round 2. They would have been curtains had they lost to the Crows facing a 10 point deficit chasing the rest of the pack. Not an easy venue to get the points against a side who was fighting for a top 4 birth as well. The umpiring was shocking so good effort all round Giants back in the hunt for finals and should they repeat yesterdays efforts will be hard to stop no matter who they face.

The way they're going, their next in line after Richmond I reckon as flag favourites.

Remaining games

Saints at Spotless
Blues away Marvel Stadium
Crows Manuka
Swans at Spotless
Melbourne MCG

How so? WC beat them 2 weeks ago without Kennedy and Darling.

WC with Kennedy and Darling playing this year 11/11
Who were without Patton Cameron Greene Delidio Scully William's

Well deserved win by the Eagles but it wasn't the underdog victory you're throwing up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back