Gym Accessories

RU_

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Aug 6, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
RU_ Gave them a go with the squats...

It's a totally new ballgame with a heel, as opposed to flats. My knees were in pain for the first time ever, and I didn't really notice much improvement or difference.

I will give them an extended run, but might interchange with flat Pumas at some point.

I do like the stability on the floor though, so I will persevere
Yeah we are all built differently! This post by Stefi Cohen is a goodie:
They help me out tremendously, I almost can’t squat in flats. Really need to get that ankle mobility sorted out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SHAKESPEARE

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They help me out tremendously, I almost can’t squat in flats. Really need to get that ankle mobility sorted out.
I have no idea, but i am going to say i fail both ;)

Ill get someone to have a look and sort it out

Aeglos

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2016
Croydon station
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
As a general rule:
Raised heel is better for working around issues at the hip, whereas a flat sole is better for working around issues at the knee.
As is my answer for all questions in my biomechanics and exercise classss
Hashtag-physics

SHAKESPEARE

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
swapped the soles to soft instead of hard and now i got no knee or back pain and it felt easier.

I will persist!

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Unleashed weightlifting shoes
Inov8 squat shoes
Lifting straps

Haven't felt the need for a belt yet + at my commercial gym the dudes that wear them sort of make me shake my head.

Aeglos

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2016
Croydon station
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Unleashed weightlifting shoes
Inov8 squat shoes
Lifting straps

Haven't felt the need for a belt yet + at my commercial gym the dudes that wear them sort of make me shake my head.
I’ve been frequenting a commercial gym the past month (to use machines for my rehab) and there’s always one guy that wears a belt and has the thing done up for literally the whole 30-45 minutes we cross paths.
And this has included exercises like lat pulldowns etc where a belt is genuinely pointless.
He also has wrist wraps which spend the entire time done up as well which suggests they’re doing fu** all of nothing otherwise his hands would turn purple from the lack of blood to them lol.

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’ve been frequenting a commercial gym the past month (to use machines for my rehab) and there’s always one guy that wears a belt and has the thing done up for literally the whole 30-45 minutes we cross paths.
And this has included exercises like lat pulldowns etc where a belt is genuinely pointless.
He also has wrist wraps which spend the entire time done up as well which suggests they’re doing **** all of nothing otherwise his hands would turn purple from the lack of blood to them lol.
Haha it's a show-off/wanky behaviour, isn't it?!

showdownhero

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
York Belt
York Dip Belt and Chain
SBD Knee Sleeves (probably the best bit of gear I've ever bought)
SBD Knee Wraps (haven't used them yet tbh)
SBD Wrist Wraps
Polar H7 Heart Rate Monitor
Polar Loop Activity Tracker
Polar F11 Watch
Taotronics TT-BH09 Bluetooth Headphones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saj_21

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2007
unlisted
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
He also has wrist wraps which spend the entire time done up as well which suggests they’re doing **** all of nothing otherwise his hands would turn purple from the lack of blood to them lol.
Even better than that, blokes who wear a belt that’s not even on tight enough to hold up your pants. That’s a complete waste of time.

Top Bottom