Gym Accessories

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you guys use for headphones/earphones/fitness watchers?

Lifting belts, hand wraps, wrist wraps, knee sleeves or bands, etc?

I got a Fitbit Ionic yesterday which has already proven great for seeing how I’m sleeping and calories burned, etc. I was using a TomTom previously that wasn’t as accurate, but was alright as a guideline!

Never had decent earphones for the gym so I went and bought some Bluetooth AudioFly - AF45W today that I managed to snag for $60 and they were priced at $90 (cheers JB HI FI), had a little listen and they sound pretty good!

Will be buying a belt off LoadedLifting soon as well so can give ratings for that.

No headphones, I find them too distractive and more likely to cause an accident.

No fitness watchers, old school calorie counting instead.

GASP belt and lifting straps.

Got some nice Gorilla Wear gym shoes yesterday.

Everlast headgear and Mexican style handwraps & Ringside IMF tech gloves for sparring - your partner will love you for those gloves.
Some cheaper Everlast gloves for bag work.

Anything else (wrist wraps, knee/elbow supports etc) just the generic brand from the local sport store.

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Only really use a belt and a band for glute activation before Squats and Deads. Might use straps if I’m doing RDLs.

Need to invest in some headphones with my gym repeating the same 20 songs all day everyday.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Where do we want to draw the line for what’s considered accessories?
I’ve genuinely got 2 big gym/hockey bags, a big drawer and half a closet full of things like wraps, belts etc

Where do we want to draw the line for what’s considered accessories?
I’ve genuinely got 2 big gym/hockey bags, a big drawer and half a closet full of things like wraps, belts etc
More meant like what brands of wraps/belts, etc you have found good and are currently using. For instance some belts turn to s**t and bend over when squatting, that’s no good whereas others have a better build.

Last edited:
Only really use a belt and a band for glute activation before Squats and Deads. Might use straps if I’m doing RDLs.

Need to invest in some headphones with my gym repeating the same 20 songs all day everyday.
I rarely even hear the music that well. It’s just like a droning background noise but I think mostly it’s modern pop or possibly current top 40.
I haven’t bought a CD or any new music since the 90’s though. :shrug:

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
More meant like what brands of wraps/belts, etc you have found good and are currently using. For instance some belts turn to s**t and bend over when squatting, that’s no good whereas others have a better build.
Yeah didn't realise you wanted brands. My straps and belt are both harbinger. I've had my belt for about 6 months after my last belt literally snapped mid deadlift. Would have been funny to watch. LOL

Yeah didn't realise you wanted brands. My straps and belt are both harbinger. I've had my belt for about 6 months after my last belt literally snapped mid deadlift. Would have been funny to watch. LOL
What was the brand that snapped mid deadlift?!

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
What was the brand that snapped mid deadlift?!
Not sure it was an old one my cousin gave me. It was a few years old and I think the leather was no good after sitting in a box for a few years before I got back into gym.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs

Ah ok.
I prefer to use my Inzer gear for everything except wrist wraps as they never made a stiff set til recently (and recently fell after I started studying and couldn’t afford to buy everything under the sun lol).
My “main” gear is below.
https://loadedlifting.com.au/collec...products/inzer-forever-single-prong-belt-10mm
https://loadedlifting.com.au/products/gripper-knee-wraps
https://www.undergroundelite.com.au/Silver-Wrist-Wraps.html
My belt and knee wraps I bought in 2013 when I was living in the US.
Wrist wraps maybe mid to late 2016.
I’ve also got a Titan(?) lever belt, an Iron Edge bench belt, EFS bench belt, leather Rogue belt (I don’t mind the Rogue belt but it’s a bit soft to feel through all my comp gear, and the lever belt is set up to fit when I’m wearing briefs so I can easily do and undo it on dynamic effort days).
Every knee and wrist wrap Inzer have ever made (in every length) + a whole host of random company’s sample wraps.
TK knee and elbow sleeves (which I haven’t worn in 3-4 years) as well as some calf sleeves that I was using as deadlift shin guards but now wear at footy training in winter lol.
Lifting straps I’ve got an old Do Win pair that were given to me when I was working at Iron Edge. I reckon they’re 6-7 years old now and apart from having faded and being chalky they’re practically new. Also have an Iron Edge pair that I had mum sew some extra material onto as the stitching was coming undone.

Last edited:

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Not sure it was an old one my cousin gave me. It was a few years old and I think the leather was no good after sitting in a box for a few years before I got back into gym.

Titan had an issue around 2013 where the lever on their lever belts was snapping as lifters were doing them up.
No one liked the Oz distributor at the time which made for some amusing Facebook comment threads.

Aeglos easier to tag than quote as your last post was big :D.

I haven’t bought a belt before as I’ve only borrowed the ones I’ve used. When doing the size measurements they are meant to be taken after you have taken your pre-lift breath in hey? Also when buying my first one I’m leaning towards a lever but also not sure if I should go a prong style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Aeglos easier to tag than quote as your last post was big :D.

I haven’t bought a belt before as I’ve only borrowed the ones I’ve used. When doing the size measurements they are meant to be taken after you have taken your pre-lift breath in hey? Also when buying my first one I’m leaning towards a lever but also not sure if I should go a prong style.

Definitely go a prong unless you plan on carrying a screwdriver around with you.
Re: sizing - it shouldn’t matter as most have a dozen or so holes you can select from so making it “bigger or smaller” is easy.

Definitely go a prong unless you plan on carrying a screwdriver around with you.
Re: sizing - it shouldn’t matter as most have a dozen or so holes you can select from so making it “bigger or smaller” is easy.
I’ll always have a screwdriver with me (electrician for work). Have to adjust it every session?

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
I’ll always have a screwdriver with me (electrician for work). Have to adjust it every session?

It’s pretty rare that your waistline will be 100% the same every day and/or that you’ll ever have the same amount of bloat.
So either a) adjust belt or b) adjust how you use belt/how it feels.
I tend to run my belt tighter on bench than squats, then tighter on squats than deads so a lever is a pain in the backside. I can remember it being what I took to the US and having to stuff a towel in there to fill it out while benching haha

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Use my Bose for headphones. Don’t use fitness devices, pretty useless for weights. Harbinger gloves, but recently only for back... but not really great quality. Open to other brands. Beast Gear lifting straps.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My phone is my timer. Other then that a weight belt (with chain) and gloves for weighted dips (I find it digs too much into my hands without them). Otherwise other then the gym machines / weights, the only equipment used is a pad for the barbell for hip thrusts. I’m not a Powerlifter, so not in the ballpark of needing wraps or the like for sets.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Can’t remember where the show discussion took place, but this is what I’m rocking currently.
Skating in these for a while has worn down the soles quite nicely so they’re super thin (and most importantly the grip/ripples on the bottom are pretty much gone so the rubber will collapse less under load)

Attachments

• F23D9AEB-28BF-41AE-9053-56A9A8AC5898.jpeg
    F23D9AEB-28BF-41AE-9053-56A9A8AC5898.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 104
Can’t remember where the show discussion took place, but this is what I’m rocking currently.
Skating in these for a while has worn down the soles quite nicely so they’re super thin (and most importantly the grip/ripples on the bottom are pretty much gone so the rubber will collapse less under load)

like your blue carpet!

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
like your blue carpet!

I'm just glad that it's blue and not a colour to match the theme of the rest of the room when we moved in (decorated in my little pony stickers and other such pre-primary school aged girl things lol)
Cant decide if I want an Inzer 10mm or 13mm belt. :(

Go the 10mm.
Yet to meet someone under 125kg that hasn't found the 13mm painfully thick/stiff (painful in the sense of breaking it in/using it vs actual pain haha)

I'm just glad that it's blue and not a colour to match the theme of the rest of the room when we moved in (decorated in my little pony stickers and other such pre-primary school aged girl things lol)

Go the 10mm.
Yet to meet someone under 125kg that hasn't found the 13mm painfully thick/stiff (painful in the sense of breaking it in/using it vs actual pain haha)
Yeah I reckon I will, reading through a lot of forums and the only thing having me guessing is the people saying they bought a 10mm and then went to a 13mm and have no idea how they initially used the 10mm and when they are $210 each I want to make the right decision. I’ll be 100 kilos when I order it though so I reckon the 10mm is the way to go.

Also going the lever, I squat, bench and deadlift all on different days so it’ll be easy enough to swap around, only day it’ll be different is for a comp day. Plus a mate I trained with today said he uses his lever belt on the same setting for dead’s and squats so hopefully I end up the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back