Play Nice Héritier Lumumba blasts Collingwood's racist treatment of him during his career (Civil discussion please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Héritier Lumumba has called out the AFL, and Collingwood Football Club (In particular Eddie Maguire and Nathan Buckley) after he was condemned by the club for speaking out against Maguire's racist comments in 2013. He also speaks of a racist nickname he had from 2005 to 2013 as well as using hallucinogens to cope with anxiety and the distress that had arrived from said comments. He has said that neither Collingwood or the AFL had the capacity or the desire to deal with the concerns that he brought up.

It's a horrible look for Collingwood and very very disappointing that something like this happened and that it was ignored by both the club and the league

Poor old Harry

See, this kind of attitude here is dangerous. I know why you said it, because you think hes just fishing for attention. But that just means you can apply that to ANY situation like this. Which immediately invalidates actual legitimate situations of this s**t being allowed because, you know, locker room talk or some other bullshit excuse.

Its disgusting and it needs to change for us as a species to ever consider ourselves "civil".

See, this kind of attitude here is dangerous. I know why you said it, because you think hes just fishing for attention. But that just means you can apply that to ANY situation like this. Which immediately invalidates actual legitimate situations of this s**t being allowed because, you know, locker room talk or some other bullshit excuse.

Its disgusting and it needs to change for us as a species to ever consider ourselves "civil".
The thing is, he already spoke about all of this in a 2017 documentary and subsequent postings at the time. The timing of this latest post wreaks of an attention seeking self-absorbed dickhead. As much as he thinks it is, it’s not always about Harry.

The thing is, he already spoke about all of this in a 2017 documentary and subsequent postings at the time. The timing of this latest post wreaks of an attention seeking self-absorbed dickhead. As much as he thinks it is, it’s not always about Harry.

Or, maybe, hes trying to bring attention to something that may not have been addressed by the AFL?

Or its easier just to call him your names and pretend nothing like that happens anymore. Easy!

He addressed it, and almost no-one listened. I for one didn't see the docco and I don't know of anyone who actually did. So he addresses it again in an attempt to help make a change and he's "an attention-seeking self-absorbed dickhead"? This isn't all about Héritier, it's about calling out a culture of racism to try and positively affect change by sharing his story and exposing this culture to a wider audience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread should be on the main board not 'demoted' to the scandals and rumours board. I'm not calling out the OP here - I'm calling on the mods to move it to the main board where the discussion can have as much visibilty as possible.

The timing of his post is very relevant to the conversations that are happening world wide.
Why shouldn’t he talk about it??

On cue you try to silence him without justification.
it is not about harry, he is discussing racism in society. Racism that he experienced.

The thing is, he already spoke about all of this in a 2017 documentary and subsequent postings at the time.

So he has posted about it many times before but now he is "on cue"?

Because he is a black guy simply wanting attention?

Ok then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back