Change the rules

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
So if you missed it the commish has suddenly changed his stance on the tactic and seems to be in favour of a rule change come summer.

Who else is totally opposed to the idea of rule changes in this instance? It will be pretty disgraceful if they make it a lot easier for coaches to play shocking free throw shooters in pressure situations. The way things have gone in the past season or two has been awful to watch, there's no denying that, but as I've previously said does anyone else find this may just blow over? I'm not talking about genuinely lining up to hack a player like Shaq or Dwight when they get it down low or the occasional off-ball foul. I'm talking about how players have suddenly started seeking out anyone who shoots somewhat poorly and fouling them. Every time I've watched games where teams do this it only seems to harm any momentum they have in the game, and I can't recall a team making a proper comeback on the back of five minutes of the rubbish.

So is everyone else strongly opposed to rule changes like I am?

Make your free throws DeAndre and whoever else and then the fouling stops. Simple.

It's hard because you don't want changes because guys can't do something simple like shoot a decent free throw percentage but it's certainly horrible to watch.

It has worked plenty against us to kill our momentum more than anything. I remember us successfully coming back against the Dwert Lakers too.

Back