Hacking Foxtel Digital

Remove this Banner Ad

i would love to know how this is done i have all the equipment set up it was all in my girlfriends name but she got it disconnected and left but all the stuff is here i just need to know how to do it i will await to hear from someone

My concern is that the Foxtel Box can be updated automatically. Can Foxtel possibly send an update to update the software to detect fraud?

Don't connect the modem.....

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if they've had Foxtel disconnected & they were a satellite subscriber & not cable. I want to know if when they come & take the set top box unit do they also take the dish on the roof or is it left behind??

Cheers,
Mike.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if they've had Foxtel disconnected & they were a satellite subscriber & not cable. I want to know if when they come & take the set top box unit do they also take the dish on the roof or is it left behind??

It's left behind, along with all the cabling and the inside wall jack/s.

Encourages you to re-subscribe without having to pay for a new installation. Also consider that one of the common reasons to cancel a service to a house is that people are moving out; and in that case they want to give the next tenant/owner a reason to subscribe.

My mate hooked me up with a box and a card and it works a treat. All channels and pay-per-views.
Don't really want to know how it works but i'm glad I can watch the footy on fox.

;) Pretty much

Ilegal cable is out there, both Optus/Foxtel Digital

Dont need an existing cable line, can be done via satellite dish, a box and a very expensive hacked smartcard

While not 100% legit that method is a far cry from stealing and I wouldn't really say illegal. Dodgy and a relatively minor breach of contract but atleast you're paying for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how did he get the card and box

Probably from these guys or someone that knows them

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,23548980-5014239,00.html

Police sting targets pay TV piracy ring

By Chloe Lake, Technology Editor April 16, 2008 02:40pm

* Two charged with producing pirate pay TV cards
* Police say up to 50,000 pirate cards used in Australia
* Technology: Read more news and reviews in our tech section »

The Australian Federal Police today arrested two men in Victoria after a six-month investigation into an alleged pay TV piracy syndicate.

They found hundreds of fake pay TV encryption cards and set-top boxes after executing 10 search warrants in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland.

Pay TV uses encoded signals that subscribers can access with a unique smartcard installed in a set-top box.

Pirates use fake smart cards, or "gamma" cards, with set-top decoders to receive signals from the Foxtel and Austar networks without a subscription.

The two men, a 43-year-old from Mount Waverley and a 27-year-old from Sebastopol, were charged with making, distributing and selling the pirate cards.

Police say there may now be up to 50,000 fake pay TV cards in use across Australia.

They also seized several computers and $169,000 from a Sydney property and 18 boxes of illegal fireworks from a house in Victoria.

Both men will face court today and could spend up to five years in jail if convicted.

So from what I've read above, I've come to this conclusion.

The people who previously owned my house, had foxtel installed. This has been confirmed, because I am frequently receiving mail from foxtel saying my house has previously had it installed, and it would be very easy for them to come and reinstall it for me. I can see the point still in the wall.

My brother has foxtel installed at his house. I understand that you can pay $10 to $20 a month to have a 2nd foxtel box, for a 2nd TV.

Reading between the lines, are you suggesting that that 2nd TV could be the TV sitting in my lounge room. Foxtel don't know that the box is at my house, rather than my brothers.
Does this way still work?

So from what I've read above, I've come to this conclusion.

The people who previously owned my house, had foxtel installed. This has been confirmed, because I am frequently receiving mail from foxtel saying my house has previously had it installed, and it would be very easy for them to come and reinstall it for me. I can see the point still in the wall.

My brother has foxtel installed at his house. I understand that you can pay $10 to $20 a month to have a 2nd foxtel box, for a 2nd TV.

Reading between the lines, are you suggesting that that 2nd TV could be the TV sitting in my lounge room. Foxtel don't know that the box is at my house, rather than my brothers.

I know people that will have multiple outlet / boxes installed in the one house and them move a number of them to family / friends places that still have the dishes from previous connections. They split the monthly cost between a number of families.

I have two boxes installed at home, I recently moved house to another one in the next street. A few weeks beforehand, I got the keys, took one of my boxes to the new house and plugged it in. Worked a treat.

I guess this explains why they try so hard to get the boxes back

I recently dc'd cause I moved house and we took my gfs account with us and they chased me to the end of the earth to get their boxes back

Had hacked foxtel once through a dodgy electrician I played cricket with. He organised the box and everything, just came by and hooked it all up himself and worked for over a year before I moved out

Pay a fair bit now for my house setup (have HD in two rooms and IQ in another) so getting a free service would be nice but I value it too much to * around with probably

Remove this Banner Ad

Back