Had a "brief" chat to the Duffman tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

There was always a tiny voice in my mind wondering whether Duffman really was a superhero and decided at the last minute to torpedo things at the last minute. Surely a better option than that prick Arden bringing actual joy to the world.

In truth, I think Duff just didn't have the balls to go through with the plan. Officially, he resigned due to time pressures from his paying gig in the racing industry, although that ended prematurely also if memory serves. But at the end of the day, I think he got cold feet and didn't want to be hated as the bloke who destroyed a football club. Arden's confrontation was quite possibly the first time he had someone in his face demonstrating to him what tens of thousands of people were thinking.

In truth, I think Duff just didn't have the balls to go through with the plan. Officially, he resigned due to time pressures from his paying gig in the racing industry, although that ended prematurely also if memory serves. But at the end of the day, I think he got cold feet and didn't want to be hated as the bloke who destroyed a football club. Arden's confrontation was quite possibly the first time he had someone in his face demonstrating to him what tens of thousands of people were thinking.

Small blessings eh?

BTW, a great day to be remembering and appreciating all of the efforts made by all, even just buying a 3 game membership or a top from the roo shop right up to people like Scanlon putting buckets of cold hard into the club. No better present than a great club to support and bring the new generation along for the ride.

thread-revival-jpg.18135

Remove this Banner Ad

Back