Had some horrible news...

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks. Big fundraiser T20 cricket match tomorrow so hopefully raise some serious cash and also can't wait for the Cloke visit footage to go up on website.

He has just about finished his radiation so has a break now then double chemo so yeah a bit scary.
Oh, is that the match they mentioned on SEN today say about 12.30 or so? I remember because glen moriarty was mentioned as playing, Darren jolly was mentioned.
North port oval, Port Melbournes ground.

Oh, is that the match they mentioned on SEN today say about 12.30 or so? I remember because glen moriarty was mentioned as playing, Darren jolly was mentioned.
North port oval, Port Melbournes ground.

Nah that's not it. I know the one you are talking about, I think that one is for Rosie Batty. Our one isn't a celebrity game, just current vs past players of our club.

Nah that's not it. I know the one you are talking about, I think that one is for Rosie Batty. Our one isn't a celebrity game, just current vs past players of our club.
Oh, now you mention it Rosie batty was mentioned.
I just noted it because of glen m from Collingwood.
Anyway enjoy the match and best wishes

I thought that game was playing in Tyabb where the Boy was Killed

Very sorry to hear about your mate, sirlothie. Truth is as long as you are genuine with him you can't go too far wrong; it's going to be scary for him and confronting for you, but he will appreciate having you around as long as you are yourself.

The last thing palliative patients want is their mates putting on a front, or avoiding them because they don't know how to relate to them anymore after the diagnosis.

Very sorry to hear about your mate, sirlothie. Truth is as long as you are genuine with him you can't go too far wrong; it's going to be scary for him and confronting for you, but he will appreciate having you around as long as you are yourself.

The last thing palliative patients want is their mates putting on a front, or avoiding them because they don't know how to relate to them anymore after the diagnosis.

Funnily enough he's always been one of those mates you have to walk on eggshells a bit because he can take things the wrong way but our fundraiser for him raised over 30 grand and he's just gone on a trip to Darwin with his brother so I hope he is having a great time.

He is determined to fight which is the only attitude you can have really but it looks like he will need a miracle but just today I got talking to an old fireman in the doctor's waiting room about cancer as he is going into remission for stage 2 testicular cancer, they removed half of one of his balls apparently and he told me of his experience of other blokes with cancer where it spread and in the end they were bedridden on heavy morphine... One bloke he knew he said stuff the chemo, let me go. The chemo would have kept him going a few more months but without chemo, gone in a week.

I'm just really dreading seeing one of my best mates suffer and eventually go... but thankfully that hasn't happened yet.

Cancer is a campaigner of a thing!

Certainly is. :) I should have guessed one of you guys would put 2 and 2 together! Very well put together piece, I haven't spoken to him about it but I am sure he is quietly chuffed but is going through a rough trot at the moment as you could appreciate.

Actually me, him and 8 others are going to Anzac Day together Monday with tickets Clokey gave him that day. :)

He was really good, he hung around for a good hour but unfortunately I didn't get wind of it in time to be there. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

awesome work by Trav, and lovely surprise for your mate sirlothie :thumbsu:

You might think there are some mad Collingwood supporters on here, me included, but we all have nothing on Brad. Before his illness he never missed a game, he was there at every game, rail, hail or shine, interstate, whatever. He was there. No matter if we were going good or bad, he always went.

When it was all being set up, Glen Moriarty was the one we were speaking to and I guess he has a bit of celebrity status and works for the club and everything so his brother Glen also who you see in the video with him said look, Brad knows everyone that works at Collingwood, everyone. If he spots you he might suspect something. So Glen M says ok, no worries, he shaves off his beard which he never does, puts on a hat and sunnies and is just hanging around.

Brad rolls up and straight away, literally straight away in the carpark says "Hey, that's that Glen Moriarty!" Lol... :straining:

Luckily he didn't twig it had anything to do with him or what was coming and it was a total surprise when Clokey tapped him on the shoulder, and being such a mad Collingwood fan it really gave him a thrill and it's great the club gets involved in stuff like this. :)

Certainly is. :) I should have guessed one of you guys would put 2 and 2 together! Very well put together piece, I haven't spoken to him about it but I am sure he is quietly chuffed but is going through a rough trot at the moment as you could appreciate.

Actually me, him and 8 others are going to Anzac Day together Monday with tickets Clokey gave him that day. :)

He was really good, he hung around for a good hour but unfortunately I didn't get wind of it in time to be there. :p

Where you in the Video sirlothie?

I played in his Big Bash fundraiser game though in his side, retired 25 not out with 3 sixes and took 3 wickets in 2 overs :), the current team (Brad's team) beat the Legends. Was an awesome day, easily a couple of hundred people there.

Glad it was a Huge Success

Remove this Banner Ad

Back