Multiplat Hades

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s everyone’s least favourite enemy type? Those small flame wheels are a massive pain.

Find flame wheels fine, but then again I always try for the Athena dash deflect boon so I would say that wouldn't I, just charge straight through 'em lol. Had a run the other night where I had bounce and lightning chain on my cast (duo boon with Zeus and someone?), was one shotting groups of about 4.

Have more issue with greatshields, and yep Elysium is tough, so many armoured enemies. Probably the poison spitting dudes on the last level are worst for me though.

I can't put my finger on my least favourite enemy exactly but they'll definitely be in Elysium. That whole biome is my only knock on this game. I hate the enemies, the spear traps that I constantly trigger as I'm button mashing dodge and the bosses. The only thing that makes it any easier for me is when there is a nail in the shop after bone Hydra. Then I stick on Hourglass keepsake and at least the yellow buttons become squishy.
I'm always looking for the xxx% armour piercing hammer upgrades, for sure

Find flame wheels fine, but then again I always try for the Athena dash deflect boon so I would say that wouldn't I, just charge straight through 'em lol. Had a run the other night where I had bounce and lightning chain on my cast (duo boon with Zeus and someone?), was one shotting groups of about 4.

Have more issue with greatshields, and yep Elysium is tough, so many armoured enemies. Probably the poison spitting dudes on the last level are worst for me though.

Those poison dudes s**t me too, but I treat that final Styx area like a build check. If my build is any good I should be able to get through with little issue.

Those poison dudes sh*t me too, but I treat that final Styx area like a build check. If my build is any good I should be able to get through with little issue.

Yeah Satyrs are a pain and the big rats are very sponges!

I’ve started getting out of Styx ASAP, generally strong enough by the time I get there, more about preserving lives and health.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Soo.. aspect of Zeus on the shield (blitz disc) is pretty OP hey. Just did a run with it and a heavy Zeus/lightning effects build.. oh my.

Several encounters where I just tossed the special out a few times and literally did nothing else except dash around near the disc :tearsofjoy:

Wanna try it now with an Ares doom build, imagine that would be even more nuts if you could get the boon gives extra damage for more doom stacks.

I have gotten up to phase two of the big bad with every weapon but haven't passed with any lol imma throw the controller through the tv soon

What mirror upgrades are you running with mate? Death Defiance is a must, gives you 3 extra lives (at half health) once fully upgraded, plus you can chuck Skelly's keepsake on when you hit Styx if needed to essentially give you 4 lives total. I'm also a fan of Greater Reflex which gives you 2 dashes - have seen some pros on YouTube recommend Ruthless Reflex instead, but for lower level players which I still consider myself to be, have found avoiding damage is just heaps easier with 2 dashes on tap. Maxed out Thick Skin is a must early on I reckon, +50 health to start. I also roll with Dark Regeneration in preference to Chthonic Vitality, have found 60% onto health of whatever value darkness you're picking up far superior to the +3 per chamber that Chthonic Vitality gives, combos well with the house contractor upgrade that raises your max health whenever you pick up darkness too - and would work particularly well in your situation where you've already got the proper reward bounties for bosses, so you get darkness instead when beating them now. That darkness pickup plus the drinking well straight after the boss fight will see you at max health or close enough to when beginning every level.

But for mine probably the biggest tip for survivability is prioritise Athena boons, particularly the dash deflect. But having deflect on attack or special is also decent depending on your weapon. Won't particularly help with the last boss fight mechanically but will definitely help you to get there with high health and multiple death defiance charges left. One run I got deflect on dash, attack and special, Temple of Styx was a breeze - just dash around face-tanking everything lol.

I have gotten up to phase two of the big bad with every weapon but haven't passed with any lol imma throw the controller through the tv soon
If you're desperate for a clear, pick any shield and just block/bullrush him when he attacks for an easy/slow cheese. Some kind of status effect too, drunk/doom

I always forget the shield can be used to block until I'm about to die

Does anyone have any good pact settings / builds for a 32 heat run? I can do 10ish heat runs in 17-18 minutes but I struggle with 5 minute zones above that. I had no dramas doing the 16 heat run but 32 is no joke. EM4 is punishing with 7 minute zones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone have any good pact settings / builds for a 32 heat run? I can do 10ish heat runs in 17-18 minutes but I struggle with 5 minute zones above that. I had no dramas doing the 16 heat run but 32 is no joke. EM4 is punishing with 7 minute zones.

Well I've just cracked a completed run at 4 heat so... no, no I don't :tearsofjoy:

32 heat, that sounds insane. I can't even visualise it!

Well I've just cracked a completed run at 4 heat so... no, no I don't :tearsofjoy:

32 heat, that sounds insane. I can't even visualise it!

The difference between 4 heat and say 10 heat, really isn't that much. You could probably do it easily. 16 can be a bit tricky but if you get good boons and hammers, it's not horrible. 32 is horrible, haha.

The difference between 4 heat and say 10 heat, really isn't that much. You could probably do it easily. 16 can be a bit tricky but if you get good boons and hammers, it's not horrible. 32 is horrible, haha.
I'm attempting 32 now with only EM 3. Only just missed out on defeating the final boss after getting about 3 quarters through. Rama bow Zeus special is what I'm trying after continually getting close with a Dionysus/ares duo build but reliably getting the duo for that is a pain.
Aiming for double strike and jolted boons.

EM3
7 minutes
80% prices
40% forced overtime
Benefits package
middle management
1 rank of routine inspection
2 damage control

That gets 26 heat, I'm experimenting what works best with the rest

Got the platinum, only my 3rd ever. Think I might be done with this now that there's really nothing to chase outside of a couple of prophecies that I can't be bothered grinding for. Hell of a game though. I hated the fists at first and they ended up becoming my favourite to use, can just wreck runs so quickly with Zeus attack and splash dash.

Just started this, my God im terrible.

Most people are at first, don't worry. Think it took me 60 odd runs before I cracked my first clear, then did it about 5 times in a row.

Game does a great job of training you to get better and incentivising trying different weapons and builds, stick with it. Most fun I've had with a game this year I reckon.

Most people are at first, don't worry. Think it took me 60 odd runs before I cracked my first clear, then did it about 5 times in a row.

Game does a great job of training you to get better and incentivising trying different weapons and builds, stick with it. Most fun I've had with a game this year I reckon.
Like 25 times and im finally through tartarus. Very rewarding finally getting past Megaera, I'm still not very good.

Like 25 times and im finally through tartarus. Very rewarding finally getting past Megaera, I'm still not very good.

It didn't click for me until 30s I reckon after I upgraded my mirror and keepsakes a bit as well find a weapon and build I was comfortable with. I can't remember when my first escape was, but I don't think it was until late 30s. This game is just practice, like knowing the biome and the enemies, tactical things like when to hit a store or chaos gate etc. It clicks at different points for different people but once it does this game is awesome and really rewarding.

It didn't click for me until 30s I reckon after I upgraded my mirror and keepsakes a bit as well find a weapon and build I was comfortable with. I can't remember when my first escape was, but I don't think it was until late 30s. This game is just practice, like knowing the biome and the enemies, tactical things like when to hit a store or chaos gate etc. It clicks at different points for different people but once it does this game is awesome and really rewarding.
Yeah I can't decide what weapon works for me best. Sword feels best I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back