Hadyn Bunton Snr: front cover of a series of 3 Books by John Devaney

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 22, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just recently I've had the absolute pleasure of designing three book covers for renowned Football Historian, Author & Publisher : John Devaney:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
John has written a number of books on the history of Australian Football and is a very well respected authority on the game across Australia.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The images presented are the conceptual proofs, but are essentially how they will appear when published, bar some new author photos and back cover information:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The original B/W photos required some restoration and enhancement and also included colorization to bring them back to life.
The Series will be known as; Creme de la Creme : Noteworthy Australian Footballers of the 20th Century and cover the best from A to Z in three volumes.
If you are interested in securing your copy, register your interest today.
Via: john.devaney@fullpoints.plus.com
As these book will be very popular and once they are gone ABSOLUTE Collectors items.

Haydn Bunton Snr.
Who had found fame in the VFL and WAFL winning three Brownlow Medals and three Sandover medals in those respective competitions.
KEY FACTS
Full name
Haydn Bunton Snr

Known as
Haydn Bunton
Born
5 July 1911
Place of birth
Albury, NSW (2640)
Died
5 September 1955 (aged 44)
Place of death
Adelaide, SA (5000)
Age at first & last AFL game
First game: 19y 301d
Last game: 30y 322d
Height and weight
Height: 179 cm
Weight: 73 kg
Senior clubs
Fitzroy; Subiaco; Port Adelaide
Jumper numbers
Fitzroy: 7
Recruited from
Fitzroy (1938); Subiaco (1942); Fitzroy (1945)
State of origin
NSW
Hall of fame
Australian Football Hall of Fame (1996) Legend (1996); Western Australian Football Hall Of Fame (2004)

Fact sheet courtesy of John Devaney:
Clean up of B/W photo , Colourisation and stylization of photo by yours truly.

Attachments

• Haydn Bunton Sr_with Logo.jpg
    Haydn Bunton Sr_with Logo.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 136
  • Haydn Bunton Sr_1.jpg
    Haydn Bunton Sr_1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Creme de la creme Vol 1.jpg
    Creme de la creme Vol 1.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Creme de la creme Vol 2.jpg
    Creme de la creme Vol 2.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Creme de la creme Vol 3.jpg
    Creme de la creme Vol 3.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 139
These are fantastic covers, Peter (a.k.a. PA 1870).
I have a few of John Devaney's books on Australian football - most recently "A Far Off Land" and "The Stolen Dream" - and agree with you that he's a very good writer.
I read some time ago that John has written in excess of a million words on footy - it's probably more like two million now!
I'll keep my eyes out for the finished products.

I have a few of John Devaney's books on Australian football - most recently "A Far Off Land" and "The Stolen Dream" - and agree with you that he's a very good writer.
I read some time ago that John has written in excess of a million words on footy - it's probably more like two million now!

Thank You Fitzroy Pete, it's so kind of you to say that: Also, John is simply remarkable and a true icon in the world of Football Publications. To have the passion and desire to record the history of the game from a totally impartial insight, lends a perspective that we ( in the main) are blinded by; i.e. our insular views on the development of the game from the states we were born in.

Very much looking forward to these three books, PA1870.
I much prefer reading historical books on footy to ghost-written biographies of modern-day players (with all due respect to both the subjects and the authors).
Yes, John's story is quite remarkable given that he arrived in Australia as a young fella, then went back to the UK with his family, yet has such a voracious appetite for our great game.

It's available !...Spread the word !

PA1870

It's available !...Spread the word !

PA1870

My copy arrived last week, PA1870, and it's certainly a very good read.
John's depth of knowledge of players from our great game is superb.
I like your cover design and look forward to Volumes 2 and 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back