Toast Hail King ROB

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
The more I think about it the less I believe that we have shown any interest in Grundy.
The timing of RoB's development is too perfect to coincide with the end of Sauce's career.

RoB has been the best Ruck in the SANFL for a couple of years now. Quietly plying his trade there and learning. Now he gets his shot he is among the best second tier Rucks in the AFL.

You dont spend that time and faith in a guy development just throw it away and spend a premium on a guy like Grundy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bob Neil

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
At a table with old friends
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think there’s plenty of things that the club does which we can (and do!) quibble about but you do have to admire their ability to develop players in the 2nds such that when we’ve lost established, main-stay players we’ve been able to seamlessly replace them.
Milera for Smith
Doedee for Lever
Keath for Doedee (!!)
Now O’Brien for Jacobs.

It does give me some confidence that what we’re doing with Fogarty will eventually pay off when Tex or Jenkins (or both) move on in 1-2 years’ time.

Dec 14, 2002
who cares
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
I think there’s plenty of things that the club does which we can (and do!) quibble about but you do have to admire their ability to develop players in the 2nds such that when we’ve lost established, main-stay players we’ve been able to seamlessly replace them.
Milera for Smith
Doedee for Lever
Keath for Doedee (!!)
Now O’Brien for Jacobs.

It does give me some confidence that what we’re doing with Fogarty will eventually pay off when Tex or Jenkins (or both) move on in 1-2 years’ time.
No! No! No!

Don't you get it?! The club has NO IDEA on how to develop players. They should be dropping half the senior players just just playing 1st year draftees to get games into them every year. Its how this thing works, they are wasting young talent at SANFL level! ;)

LC40

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
O'Brien is our future.
I'm not that keen on signing Grundy if that early draft pick from Carlton is part of the deal.
This is a chance in a generation to pick for a gun midfielder of our choice. I really want us use that pick.

I know O'Brien has only played a handful of games but the potential is already on display for us to see.
What's not to like? He's mobile with a good tank, his second efforts are already being highlighted, takes a good mark and is a ten year prospect.
I'm sure we will be in the market to draft/trade for another ruck man as a back up or second ruck/forward but keeping O'Brien is a must.
It sends a message to the whole playing group that if you patiently develop your craft in the two's your time will come and you'll get rewarded.

I would be tempted to play both O'Brien and Jacobs against Geelong.
That first encounter was a huge learning experience for him but we got smashed in the centre clearances.
Stanley just jumped over Reilly and although he's had a few more games to develop I keep thinking we needed to throw multiple looks and rotations at their rucks and take away that advantage.
Jacobs is still a handy ruck and will take marks around the ground but he has to come to the realisation that his time as the main ruck has ended.
O'Brien is now our first choice ruckman.

Then we get Grundy as a FA to take over the Jenkins role

That is a horrible idea. Pay someone 1.2 mil then change his role is the height of stupidity.

That is a horrible idea. Pay someone 1.2 mil then change his role is the height of stupidity.

it isn't if it has the "Boyd Effect" and wins us a prmmiership

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
No! No! No!

Don't you get it?! The club has NO IDEA on how to develop players. They should be dropping half the senior players just just playing 1st year draftees to get games into them every year. Its how this thing works, they are wasting young talent at SANFL level! ;)

Don't be an idiot. You know full well that the issue that annoys people is where we carry out of form senior players when there's in form players in the 2s that are playing well enough to deserve of a crack. I've not yet seen anybody post that we indiscriminately play kids for the sake of it. Dougie right now is a perfect example, we've got players who can easily replace his present output. If he's carried in this form, ala Wright a few years ago in the "non-statistical" role, then people will rightly be annoyed.

Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The more I think about it the less I believe that we have shown any interest in Grundy.
The timing of RoB's development is too perfect to coincide with the end of Sauce's career.
I am sure we were right into Grundy.

I'd suggest now that with ROB doing this, that it's not necessary and we would be casting a wider net now.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
The longer this season goes the higher his pay packet will be and the more intrest from vic clubs he'll have.

We need to put that 4 year 400k deal on the table right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't be an idiot. You know full well that the issue that annoys people is where we carry out of form senior players when there's in form players in the 2s that are playing well enough to deserve of a crack. I've not yet seen anybody post that we indiscriminately play kids for the sake of it. Dougie right now is a perfect example, we've got players who can easily replace his present output. If he's carried in this form, ala Wright a few years ago in the "non-statistical" role, then people will rightly be annoyed.
Exactly, it’s not like it’s a new discussion, why make s**t up to prove what? Not sure the motivation.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Exactly, it’s not like it’s a new discussion, why make **** up to prove what? Not sure the motivation.

He’s been a bit narky this season. Was very defensive when posters got into Gibbs a bit telling them about his groin issues. Doesn’t like anyone criticising Dougie’s value to the side either. Used to post good stuff with inside intel, now seems to only come in to complain about other people’s opinions. That pathetic effort a perfect case in point.

Dec 14, 2002
who cares
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
He’s been a bit narky this season. Was very defensive when posters got into Gibbs a bit telling them about his groin issues. Doesn’t like anyone criticising Dougie’s value to the side either. Used to post good stuff with inside intel, now seems to only come in to complain about other people’s opinions. That pathetic effort a perfect case in point.
Nah, just fed up with arguing with the idiots who think they know what is going on but are nowhere near it when its all said and done. They will bring up one point that they turn out to be right on and ignore 100 others where they were blatantly wrong.

As for the intel, a few people from this board still get this via the PM. No point posting it here and getting abused by the idiots.

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting situation with young O'Brien. He's playing with some extra confidence & belief now and has clearly shown that with further support & perseverance, he should become an A-Grade ruck.

An article in the Melb HUN is asking the question if O'Brien has leapfrogged Jacobs in the pecking order ??

If that is the case, what effect will that have on Jacobs career from now, he will be 32yo going into next season ??

I am sure we were right into Grundy.

I'd suggest now that with ROB doing this, that it's not necessary and we would be casting a wider net now.
It means we can wait til Grundy is a free agent & use our early pick this year on a gun midfielder.

Stiffy_18 has still been giving me a good intel, which usually turns out to be true. In some cases he know claims on this board are wrong, but choose not to get into pointless arguments...

Unfortunately this looks right.
Nothing at all wrong with O’Brien.
Btw, the odds are Grundy stays at Collingwood. Would only come to Adelaide for family & friends.

Back