hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Why would he give tips to ROB? For the side to win, but imagine if he hadn’t?

hey shorty who can get decent intel said Jacobs was very unhappy when he didn’t come straight back in, despite the lengthy break and how well ROB was doing.

His entitlement makes him believe it’s his spot, but you didn’t answer my question, how is getting back in? The only way is via a ROB injury or a drop in form. How does Jacobs expect to get back in given he thinks it’s a given?
I reckon Sauce has sensed the sun is setting on his career but he has played some sort of role in ROBs career to date.

IMO he doesn't get back in, ROB will be refreshed post bye and will run the season out. Sauce might get a farewell against someone but we aren't really inclined to do it.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He needs to have hope that he can force his way back in even if he is kept out by good form of ROB.

Do you want defeatist players?
Might need to watch again but I don’t think I heard the word “hope” more “expect” to get back his “spot”. Which is consistent with every time I’ve heard him speak.

The interviewers actually brought up ROB, how well he’s doing and how he’s handling it. Has Jacobs every voluntarily brought up how well ROB is doing?

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I reckon Sauce has sensed the sun is setting on his career but he has played some sort of role in ROBs career to date.

IMO he doesn't get back in, ROB will be refreshed post bye and will run the season out. Sauce might get a farewell against someone but we aren't really inclined to do it.
You posted when he was ready that he was pissed about not coming straight back, care to elaborate?

Might need to watch again but I don’t think I heard the word “hope” more “expect” to get back his “spot”. Which is consistent with every time I’ve heard him speak.

The interviewers actually brought up ROB, how well he’s doing and how he’s handling it. Has Jacobs every voluntarily brought up how well ROB is doing?
Your opinion on Sauce is the same regardless of what he said in the interview. ;)

What did Montanga say afterwards? Was he wrong too?

You posted when he was ready that he was pissed about not coming straight back, care to elaborate?
Did you expect him to be happy?

It is possible to want to be back in the side, but also accept the selection panel & support the side still.

Prefer that than be defeatist.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your opinion on Sauce is the same regardless of what he said in the interview. ;)

What did Montanga say afterwards? Was he wrong too?
Yeah that made me laugh, everything Joey said was the right thing to do by our senior players we’ve heard the opposite from them. Joey talked up Jenkins attitude which you just bagged. Gibbs publicly talking about arguments with Pyke. Jacobs expecting to walk into his “spot”.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did you expect him to be happy?

It is possible to want to be back in the side, but also accept the selection panel & support the side still.

Prefer that than be defeatist.
But that’s not the impression hey shorty gave at all. Hopefully he elaborates.

I took that as someone who had a dummy spit.

Yeah that made me laugh, everything Joey said was the right thing to do by our senior players we’ve heard the opposite from them. Joey talked up Jenkins attitude which you just bagged. Gibbs publicly talking about arguments with Pyke. Jacobs expecting to walk into his “spot”.
So you are clearly saying you want our players to be defeatist & not want their spot back?

How is an uncompetitive attitude healthy for a professional football team?

But that’s not the impression hey shorty gave at all. Hopefully he elaborates.

I took that as someone who had a dummy spit.
You would... yet has he spat the dummy in the media?

No, he has been professional, but you put crap on him as if he did spit the dummy.

Dependlebury

Senior List
Aug 21, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don’t mind paying for Grundy, I doubt we’ll be able to blow you out of the water and get him for nix. But I don’t want to be wandering into negotiations with pick 1 or 2 in the pocket. If it’s a choice between huge cash and not going to the draft with pick 1 or 2 or keeping ROB, I’m going with the latter.

Of course.
I have no doubt that Collingwood will be asking Grundy and if he indicates that wants to go home we will most likely want to trade this year while he’s in contract (and knowing you have pick 2).
I think it’s a moot point though as he seems to be a super genuine bloke who will stay loyal. Only a really offensive low ball offer by us would push him away. Or a family issue etc.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I don't know too much, as the person wasn't overly forthcoming with much more except to say the big fella wasn't pleased the coaches told him he would have to earn his spot back.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So you are clearly saying you want our players to be defeatist & not want their spot back?

How is an uncompetitive attitude healthy for a professional football team?
No, I’m expecting our senior players to be leaders and set the example, just as Joey said.

Not to publicly talk about arguments with the coach as Jenkins and Gibbs did.

As for Jacobs, I would have hope to have heard something like this:

“ROB has been great for us, I will work my but off and if an opportunity arises I will be ready”

That’s not defeatist, it’s a leader speaking and not someone who feels entitled that he has a mortgage on a spot in the team and he expects to get it back no matter how well the incumbent is doing.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't know too much, as the person wasn't overly forthcoming with much more except to say the big fella wasn't pleased the coaches told him he would have to earn his spot back.

Thanks, there you go, he expected to walk into his spot no matter how well ROB was doing. Kane McGoodwin surely you can see what a s**t attitude that is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Of course.
I have no doubt that Collingwood will be asking Grundy and if he indicates that wants to go home we will most likely want to trade this year while he’s in contract (and knowing you have pick 2).
I think it’s a moot point though as he seems to be a super genuine bloke who will stay loyal. Only a really offensive low ball offer by us would push him away. Or a family issue etc.

I’m a traditionalist, I prefer the best to be one club players. Im happy for most of the players to go wherever they can to maximise whatever they can get out of their careers. But I don’t like seeing the best in the league leaving clubs who desperately want to keep them.

Dependlebury

Senior List
Aug 21, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m a traditionalist, I prefer the best to be one club players. Im happy for most of the players to go wherever they can to maximise whatever they can get out of their careers. But I don’t like seeing the best in the league leaving clubs who desperately want to keep them.

I agree with that.
Ultimately the only way to create sustained success and ‘beat’ the salary cap is to build a culture of non mercenaries. Players who are happy to stay for less than market rate.
If you pay through the nose for Grundy, not only do you put a lot of eggs in one basket, you could easily put some noses of loyal Adelaide servants who no doubt could’ve left for more coin, out of joint. Sloane is one that comes to mind. Pretty sure StK were heavily into him and could’ve paid him more than you guys did.
Besides, imo you already have one of the better young ruckmen on your list. Would be a real gut punch to him if you went and recruited Brodie.

No, I’m expecting our senior players to be leaders and set the example, just as Joey said.

Not to publicly talk about arguments with the coach as Jenkins and Gibbs did.

As for Jacobs, I would have hope to have heard something like this:

“ROB has been great for us, I will work my but off and if an opportunity arises I will be ready”

That’s not defeatist, it’s a leader speaking and not someone who feels entitled that he has a mortgage on a spot in the team and he expects to get it back no matter how well the incumbent is doing.
But Sauce was professional & said the right things & you are carrying like he said the wrong things.

You are so fixated on your hate of Sauce that you are claiming things that never happened.

Wierd!

I want ROB to remain in, but I'm not going to slag of a good servant of our club for absolutely no reason.

That's piss poor imo.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Reality is that he should have known how poor he’d been going and that ROB was playing better than he had been. He shouldn’t have been expecting to be anywhere near walking back into his spot after a couple of hit outs. Ever since he played early from injury back in 2016 I knew he had a selfish side. He doesn’t do team first.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
But Sauce was professional & said the right things & you are carrying like he said the wrong things.

You are so fixated on your hate of Sauce that you are claiming things that never happened.

Wierd!

I want ROB to remain in, but I'm not going to slag of a good servant of our club for absolutely no reason.

That's piss poor imo.
So now I hate Sauce? That’s something I’d expect from Jenny.

We obviously disagree on what we think the right things to say are.

So now I hate Sauce? That’s something I’d expect from Jenny.

We obviously disagree on what we think the right things to say are.
The fact you didn't think his interview wasn't professional shows you have a clear bias as he said nothing wrong. Yes, that suggests you hate him as you have got stuck into him for NO good reason.

He may be towards the end of his career, but a great servant of our club doesn't need crap heaped on him undeservedly.

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sauce is on 198 career games
It's going to be an interesting test for the club if ROB doesn't get injured or lose form thoughout the rest of the year.
Will the club get him to 200 ?

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
The only players who will give up their spot are ones who know their career is done like Podsiadly did. Jacobs still thinks he can play at a very high level, so still thinks he should be the lead ruck.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The fact you didn't think his interview wasn't professional shows you have a clear bias as he said nothing wrong. Yes, that suggests you hate him as you have got stuck into him for NO good reason.

He may be towards the end of his career, but a great servant of our club doesn't need crap heaped on him undeservedly.
I have an issue with players thinking they have a right to a spot, which is what he said, if that means I hate Sauce then I hate Sauce.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thanks, there you go, he expected to walk into his spot no matter how well ROB was doing. Kane McGoodwin surely you can see what a **** attitude that is?
So Kane, what do you think of Jacobs attitude and not walking back into the team? You didn’t respond to what shorty posted.

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Following ROBs development in the SANFL over the last few years and his lack of opportunity, I was always half expecting him to get poached by another club who was after a ruck similar to what we did with Sauce when we got him from Carlton.

So glad that he finally got a chance to show what he could do this year and get get a consistent run of games. It is easy to forget he has only played 12 games in his career. If he keeps up his current rate of improvement he will be a very solid ruckman, not elite but still a top 10 ruck.

My preference would be to not go after Grundy and keep the Carlton pick to take the best mid available. You don't need an elite ruck to win a flag, but you need an elite midfield.

I have an issue with players thinking they have a right to a spot, which is what he said, if that means I hate Sauce then I hate Sauce.
Yet he never said this in his interview or any other public statement.

Why do you keep spreading lies about what was said?

Think about it.

If he did say what you claimed, I would agree... but he said nothing of the sort!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back