Toast Hail King ROB

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
The only players who will give up their spot are ones who know their career is done like Podsiadly did. Jacobs still thinks he can play at a very high level, so still thinks he should be the lead ruck.

Sauce just needs to look at the stats between him and ROB last week
Blind Freddy can see ROB is easily outperforming him.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yet he never said this in his interview or any other public statement.

Why do you keep spreading lies about what was said?

Think about it.

If he did say what you claimed, I would agree... but he said nothing of the sort!
So you are saying that he didn’t and has never said about getting his spot back?

So you are saying that he didn’t and has never said about getting his spot back?
You claimed he said he had a right to have his place back, which is an outright lie!

I have no issue with him wanting his place back but that is very, very different from thinking it's his right.

Seriously you can't be that stupid to see the difference, but your hatred has blinded what was said then you have put your own BS spin to claim something that was never ever said.

That's piss poor imo for a loyal club servant.

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
After the pre-season games when ROB was doing really well in the trials and there was talk about ROB pushing to be the lead ruckman, was the slap down by Jacobs that ROB was a good 2nd ruckman at the club.
He also made some comments in the pre-season when ROB was tearing up the track in the time trials that gave the impression that he clearly saw himself well in front for the lead ruck after having a shocker the year before.
I have always had a bit of time for ROB so I am glad to see him doing well when given his opportunity.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You claimed he said he had a right to have his place back, which is an outright lie!

I have no issue with him wanting his place back but that is very, very different from thinking it's his right.

Seriously you can't be that stupid to see the difference, but your hatred has blinded what was said then you have put your own BS spin to claim something that was never ever said.

Reading what I wrote again no he didn’t say he had a right to get his spot back, I meant he believed the spot was his as he keeps referring to it as his spot.

When someone keeps saying something is his its only an extension that he thinks the spot is his, it’s his right.

The way he was pissed off when the coaches told him he’d have to earn it back supports that line of thinking. A comment you’ve continued to avoid answering.

You’ve also avoided explaining how Jacobs thinks he’s getting back into the team as if it’s inevitable.

But to continue on that I hate Jacobs is pretty piss poor. Hate is a very harsh word, I don’t hate any Crows players, do I wish some weren’t in our side? Yes, do I hate them, of course not. The fact you’ve repeated it more than once, I’d expect better from you.

We all interpret things differently, doesn’t mean either of us are stupid as you referred to me. For example I never called you stupid for misinterpreting Pykes comments about resting Greenwood and Mackay. You were quite quick then to also throw insults:

“Greenwood you clown... & you know it... whilst the negative Nellies were melting he was dropped”

Despite you getting it wrong I could have and I would have been within my rights, given you referred to me as a clown, but I didn’t.

Big Gazoongas

Cancelled
May 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sauce just needs to look at the stats between him and ROB last week
Blind Freddy can see ROB is easily outperforming him.

No he won't. Unfortunately the club have treated him like its his until he, Sauce, decides to give it up.
This is the same bloke that kept putting his hand up to play when he was clearly injured and unable to perform to the detriment of the team..........and to compound the issue our coaches lacked the balls to tell him he's not playing...........he now has a sense of entitlement.

I don't have a great deal of sympathy for Sauce.

Sidthehat

All Australian
Oct 7, 2017
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
1560370713748.png

Was thinking about this nickname over time for Chicago's defense and particularly linebackers.

Could easily refer to our midfield enforcers ROB, Thor and CEY.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
The only players who will give up their spot are ones who know their career is done like Podsiadly did. Jacobs still thinks he can play at a very high level, so still thinks he should be the lead ruck.

Delusional. And for mine it shows complete self centredness to not have noticed how well ROB is travelling and how poor he had been the last couple of seasons. He has no right to think he should be lead ruck. He can think that if required he’s ready and confident he’ll get the job done, but he shouldn’t be thinking he’s our best option right now.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Isn’t he going off hey shorty inside info though? Isn’t that no different to the PMs that you’re getting from stiffy? Just because it hasn’t been said in the public sphere doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Otherwise, why bother reading Stiffy’s PMs? Aren’t they outright lies too? Or don’t you trust Shorty? I don’t think you can have it both ways here, teeing off on EC using Shorty inside info whilst valuing what Stiffy brings to your PM corresponding.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Reality is that he should have known how poor he’d been going and that ROB was playing better than he had been. He shouldn’t have been expecting to be anywhere near walking back into his spot after a couple of hit outs. Ever since he played early from injury back in 2016 I knew he had a selfish side. He doesn’t do team first.
In fairness to Sauce, very few players realise the end comes when it does. I wonder if his reaction to this person was a realisation that his career may well be over.

I have since heard he's been nothing but fantastic for the SANFL lads in a leadership sense. That comes from the same person.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
If I’ve pegged him right, I’d be very surprised if he didn’t think he was a better option than ROB. Similar to Thommo applying the blowtorch publicly once he started playing good SANFL in 2017. Not that I’d expect that level from Sauce, but I expect they’d share a similar delusion as to how indispensable they are.
I think it is great he has that point of view. Means RoB is training hard against someone who is more than competitive with him.

I have no doubt Sauce is backing up this talk with trying to beat RoB at training to get back into the team.

Would love to see the Ruck duals between these two at training.

Much like how Thommo pushed Matt Crouch.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Obviously with the 1:100 ratio your not referring to me, I’m a solid 1:25. I remember both Thinker and TMS copping that kind of abuse even with impeccable records. One nut job went right off on TMS once over nothing major, can’t remember who, but not sure they still post. It was horrible. Anyway, apologies if I’ve annoyed you, I always really looked forward to your posts even if I didn’t always agree when it came to some discussion topics.

Think it was everyone’s favourite brain surgeon subaru who went off on TMS

Isn’t he going off hey shorty inside info though? Isn’t that no different to the PMs that you’re getting from stiffy? Just because it hasn’t been said in the public sphere doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Otherwise, why bother reading Stiffy’s PMs? Aren’t they outright lies too? Or don’t you trust Shorty? I don’t think you can have it both ways here, teeing off on EC using Shorty inside info whilst valuing what Stiffy brings to your PM corresponding.
We are talking about the interview he did last night on FoxFooty which was nothing but professional yet twisted as otherwise. He hasn't publicly spat the dummy like JJ.

What happens behind closed doors is another matter entirely.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We are talking about the interview he did last night on FoxFooty which was nothing but professional yet twisted as otherwise. He hasn't publicly spat the dummy like JJ.

What happens behind closed doors is another matter entirely.
I was talking about both. I’m going off what shorty said, what he’s said publicly and during the interview about getting his spot back and speaking as if it’s just a matter of when.

He’s only getting back if ROB gets injured or form drops, why is he talking as if it’s a given he’ll be back, which one is he planning on happening?

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think it is great he has that point of view. Means RoB is training hard against someone who is more than competitive with him.

I have no doubt Sauce is backing up this talk with trying to beat RoB at training to get back into the team.

Would love to see the Ruck duals between these two at training.

Much like how Thommo pushed Matt Crouch.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If ROB keeps playing well it doesn’t matter what happens at training

I was talking about both. I’m going off what shorty said, what he’s said publicly and during the interview about getting his spot back and speaking as if it’s just a matter of when.

He’s only getting back if ROB gets injured or form drops, why is he talking as if it’s a given he’ll be back, which one is he planning on happening?
Well publically Sauce has acted professionally. You were twisting what he he said in the interview.

I can't comment on behind the scenes as I don't know.

May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s
This won’t get him back in the team.
ROB would have to get smashed in a game... and at the moment I can’t see it happening. Long life ROB.The Sauce is cooked.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well publically Sauce has acted professionally. You were twisting what he he said in the interview.

I can't comment on behind the scenes as I don't know.
We will have to agree to disagree because I don’t think he has, talking as if its a given you’ll be back when someone has his spot and performing well smells

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
In fairness to Sauce, very few players realise the end comes when it does. I wonder if his reaction to this person was a realisation that his career may well be over.

I have since heard he's been nothing but fantastic for the SANFL lads in a leadership sense. That comes from the same person.

You get where Sauce has gotten without a lot of self belief, I understand this. I also understand, to an extent, the feeling that you’re desperately needed, despite injury, when what’s beneath is an unknown at the level, or worse, known to be no good at the level. What I don’t understand and cannot excuse, in a team game, is being desperate to play when you know you’re not going to provide more than the guy presently covering for you. That is what Sauce did in 2016 after his ‘2 week’ ankle and that attitude remains right now despite him clearly having been overtaken. The last thing this team needs is Sauce replacing ROB, I don’t think Sauce looks any further than himself and does not realise this. It was the same with Thommo in 2017. Sure, we understand you want to play AFL, you’re SANFL form is fine, but no better than guys you were keeping out of the midfield as you crawled through the back half of 2016. But the question in a team game is whether the team is better off with me or the guy that is forced out. If you look beyond yourself, you realise it’s not and when interviewed you gear your responses accordingly. Neither of these guys have done that and nor did JJ when form warranted his dropping. Not really did Gibbs when he let everyone know how surprised he was because all his feedback had been positive.

If someone could break that up into a couple of paragraphs for me that would be super.

Back