Not-a-cluey Hale Dropped For The Grand-Final For Ceglar

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking tonight to someone involved to the Box Hill Hawks and he said he was told that Hale would be dropped for Ceglar for the Grand Final yo combat Nic Nat.
Personally would have dropped McAvoy but we'll see how this pans out.

I work at Box Hill, Ceglar did get rested for the end of the game, but that was because it was over. He didn't actually play that well either, would not expect Hale to be dropped this week, but will be interesting to see.

Reminds me of Brent Renouf and Simon Taylor in '08.

I work at Box Hill, Ceglar did get rested for the end of the game, but that was because it was over. He didn't actually play that well either, would not expect Hale to be dropped this week, but will be interesting to see.

Reminds me of Brent Renouf and Simon Taylor in '08.
How has his form been the last few weeks?

Hale has been ordinary this season, but he's a proven finals player for the last couple of years for the Hawks. With that in mind I feel as though Ceglar would be a better option for us against West Coast, especially Naitanui. Hale no longer has the leap or strength to contain him. Ceglar hasn't played much football the last month and wasn't his best game on the weekend, but then again no one played that well.

I would prefer Ceglar over Hale due to his strength and superior leap at the ball to Hale.

Hale has been ordinary this season, but he's a proven finals player for the last couple of years for the Hawks. With that in mind I feel as though Ceglar would be a better option for us against West Coast, especially Naitanui. Hale no longer has the leap or strength to contain him. Ceglar hasn't played much football the last month and wasn't his best game on the weekend, but then again no one played that well.

I would prefer Ceglar over Hale due to his strength and superior leap at the ball to Hale.
Which is why I think he'll get the nod.
As I said, I'd drop McAvoy because Hale can go forward if Gunston doesn't pull up and Cegs can go with NicNat.

Which is why I think he'll get the nod.
As I said, I'd drop McAvoy because Hale can go forward if Gunston doesn't pull up and Cegs can go with NicNat.
McEvoy can easily play forward as well. Despite spending the majority of games in the ruck he's only kicked 2 less goals than Hale. Despite Hale playing the resting ruckman far more often he hasn't capitalised on his opportunities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McEvoy and Hale will play. If we win, Hale to retire. If we lose, Hale to retire. Will play his guts out for one last run. McEvoy is going to have to play like hell though.

No way Cegs would get picked after his efforts in the VFL GF. No way McEvoy will be dropped. Hale seems just about cooked, but I doubt he'd be dropped. We generally don't go in with only one ruck unless forced.

Definitely not gonna happen. Cegs is our 2016 ruck. But was crap on Saturday.

More feasible: out: Hale in: Gunston

Shoe, Rough and McEvoy to share duties.

Seems crazy - but really in a contest for leap and height - Nic Nat either beats Hale by 30cms or Rough by 45. Beat is beat.

Hale won't get dropped. If Ceglar was fit and lurking then Hale's horrendous form would see him get the arse. As it is we can't go into the GF against Naitanui with only McEvoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back