'Half-Time' Hardwick (Please Not Again)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
for all those negative flogs that just want to bag DH every opportunity or look for the negative in anything heres a few things that DH shoukd be credited with...

1. sticking fat with his small forward line and game
and style when everyone inckuding myself wanted an extra tall

2. sticking with Butler, Rioli and Menadue when nany were cakling for them to be dropped

3. sticking with Rance when he was struggling when many experts were suggesting he should be moved

4. backing his team in to overrun the best offence and 2nd best defence playing at their home fortress in a game no one expected us to win

5. holding his nerve and not dropping his bundle after a few close and gut wrenching losses

6. coaching his way from the worst coach in the AFL with a s**t list and a bunch of short people to sitting a game clear in the top 4

7. turning around a basket case of a club and transforming them to a respected team that is competitive and fights to the death

yes there's still a long way to go and who knows when tge bubble bursts but credit where it's due and someone at the club is doing something right and if you get blamed for all the bad things you can take credit for the good ones so DH well done mate.

You missed one! It's called Reality.
Port kicked themselves out of the game and were uncharacteristically tentative, sloppy and lacked any cohesion the longer the game went on.

A wins a win of course and we take the 4 points, but we didn't beat much.

Let's see if we (A) make the Finals and (B) don't s**t ourselves as usual in the Finals....which is a direct flow-on from Half-Time Hardwick's coaching.

Port were atrocious. We just fell over the line....and we played well ! :eek:

who knows if we will or not but bookmark this post and if we make and win finals I don't want to see you gloating or backslapping about how great it is...

for all those negative flogs that just want to bag DH every opportunity or look for the negative in anything heres a few things that DH shoukd be credited with...

2. sticking with Butler, Rioli and Menadue when nany were cakling for them to be dropped

3. sticking with Rance when he was struggling when many experts were suggesting he should be moved

4. backing his team in to overrun the best offence and 2nd best defence playing at their home fortress in a game no one expected us to win

5. holding his nerve and not dropping his bundle after a few close and gut wrenching losses

6. coaching his way from the worst coach in the AFL with a s**t list and a bunch of short people to sitting a game clear in the top 4

7. turning around a basket case of a club and transforming them to a respected team that is competitive and fights to the death

yes there's still a long way to go and who knows when tge bubble bursts but credit where it's due and someone at the club is doing something right and if you get blamed for all the bad things you can take credit for the good ones so DH well done mate.

Yeah i give credit to the new coachs balme and the kids. He hasn't changed J Poo. He still coaches the same on game day and doesn't know what to do when the going gets tough. As to your first comment he is forced to play without talls and if you think we had a fit griffiths and even vickery at the club he would still play the smalls think again. He doesn't drop the young ones now cause there is nothing better to bring up yet.
And just to be clear your not in the ECO camp hey just for the record.

for all those negative flogs that just want to bag DH every opportunity or look for the negative in anything
I guess that would include me
I feel that was the teams best game of the last 9 seasons
No one will be happier than me if they can keep backing it up now
But I have become so used to being let down...eco
Can't help but feel the difference this year is Balme and the assistants - but all credit to Hardwick if he can take the opportunity from a new environment and turn things around - I would not have thought he was up to it - couldn't be happier to be proven wrong (cliche)

You missed one! It's called Reality.
Port kicked themselves out of the game and were uncharacteristically tentative, sloppy and lacked any cohesion the longer the game went on.

A wins a win of course and we take the 4 points, but we didn't beat much.

Let's see if we (A) make the Finals and (B) don't s**t ourselves as usual in the Finals....which is a direct flow-on from Half-Time Hardwick's coaching.

Port were atrocious. We just fell over the line....and we played well ! :eek:
Oh s**t! Here I was enjoying the win. :(
Do you think we should ring the AFL and offer to return the four points??

Fair enough. No kudos for the coach. Shithouse performance.
Good performance Saturday night, let's wait till we see a finals win before we pop the champagne corks. And that includes This Is Anfield

Think you could probably lay those late losses at the feet of the players, especially freo and Giants game. Regardless he has had the team up for every contest bar one, no other side can lay claim to that. I know many of you wanted him gone last season but give the guy some credit, he has got us into 4th spot in rd 15 and right now most judges would have him coach of the year.
To be fair he got COTY award a couple of weeks back didn't you watch the presentation?

Good performance Saturday night, let's wait till we see a finals win before we pop the champagne corks. And that includes This Is Anfield
lol. No corks, I'm definitely a "one week at a time" poster.
Just trying to enjoy a good win against a top four side (well, they were at the start of the week ;)).
Incidentally, we were behind at half time, away from home and Port were playing better.
Something happened in the second half. :)

**I feel that we are still outsiders for the flag and really need a second key tall**

Just trying to enjoy a good win against a top four side (well, they were at the start of the week ;)).
Incidentally, we were behind at half time, away from home and Port were playing better.

**I feel that we are still outsiders for the flag and really need a second key tall**
Hey I did congratulate them , I'm not a permanent negative Nancy, and I did have a big win ......so for all my supposed negativity , I put my money where my heart is

If you have noticed we play better when the first half is tight and run out games better. When we go flat out first half and get a good lead is when we have stumbled and lost those tight games apart the freo one as they had a healthy lead bt even then we nearly got over the top off them. We have improved immensely but i feel those couple talls we don't have will get us in the end.

If you have noticed we play better when the first half is tight and run out games better. When we go flat out first half and get a good lead is when we have stumbled and lost those tight games apart the freo one as they had a healthy lead bt even then we nearly got over the top off them. We have improved immensely but i feel those couple talls we don't have will get us in the end.

When we play flat out football, it looks better but maybe it fatigues us quicker. Our structure makes us more effective in tight games. We don't get scored heavily against but we also don't score heavily (in part due to our poor finishing). I don't buy the half time argument as we have run out games well at times. Anyone who watches a lot of neutral football can see that there are big shifts in momentum in almost all games these days (it's a funny season) and it is virtually impossible to control the game from go to woe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sir Ken got a schooling tonight.

Lol...c'mon Liv, you know that if it was Dimmer beaten that way you'd drone on all week about how it's not the coach's fault players can't kick straight and that the greater number of shots on goal prove that he was the better coach with the better game plan...players just let him down...;)

Incidentally, do you ever wonder where we'd be as a club if Dimmer had worried about these "fundamentals" - which have been the core component of our improved season - back half a decade ago? Consider how much better our players would be at playing that way given years more experience?

Yep well done Damien on all that!
Now, when is he leaving?

Lol...c'mon Liv, you know that if it was Dimmer beaten that way you'd drone on all week about how it's not the coach's fault players can't kick straight and that the greater number of shots on goal prove that he was the better coach with the better game plan...players just let him down...;)

Incidentally, do you ever wonder where we'd be as a club if Dimmer had worried about these "fundamentals" - which have been the core component of our improved season - back half a decade ago? Consider how much better our players would be at playing that way given years more experience?

Drone? Coming from the king bee himself:D

I hate bad goal kicking, especially these days when games are tight and momentum can be fleeting. You must capitalise.
D Martin missed a couple on Sat night that he would normally eat. Drove me spare!
But to apportion the win to Ports inefficiency up forward is either stupid or it's an attempt at deflection away from the real drivers of our win.
Blind freddy could see we were swarming all over them, even the commentators suggested we were "on top of the ground".

And as for Hardwick, he was years ahead of all you blokes. Evidence was his development of Jake King and the failed attempt at Morris to fill the spot. We'd have been here years ago if he had the cattle. Now he has and whaddya know?

He ain't perfect, the list also, but we are seeing benefits of a combination of better talent and a good coach.

Yep well done Damien on all that!
Now, when is he leaving?

probably at the end of this current contract unless he goes deep in the finals...

I'm not a DH fan my posts confirm this but I do think he has turned the ship around

This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back