Podcast Hall of Fame Legend 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Anthony Stevens really HOF worthy, was a good solid player but HOF really..
More worth than Bickley or Bell. Would like to see Buckenara, W Johnson and Trevor Barker in from the 80s before guys like Stevens, Bickley and Bell who we solid but not spectacular.

Great selection - thoroughly desrved

Like he said in his interview with Hudson their - the coach has to do something ( re moves ) not just do nothing

There was a Hawthorn v Geelong game at KP - Dunstall had his best record ( goals per game average ) against Richmond - and i reckon second best average would have been against Geelong

Any how its in the 3rd qtr - and Dunstall kicks about his 6th goal - the runner goes out to Ablett snr ( whos playing fuul forward ) to go down to fullback and play on Dunstall - so Ablett jogs down to Full Back

The ball is bounced in the centre - Hawthorn kick it down to full forward - Ablett slips over - Dunstall marks it and kicks number 7 - . The runner comes out to Ablett - and moves him straight back to full forward

Great selection - thoroughly desrved

Like he said in his interview with Hudson their - the coach has to do something ( re moves ) not just do nothing

There was a Hawthorn v Geelong game at KP - Dunstall had his best record ( goals per game average ) against Richmond - and i reckon second best average would have been against Geelong

Any how its in the 3rd qtr - and Dunstall kicks about his 6th goal - the runner goes out to Ablett snr ( whos playing fuul forward ) to go down to fullback and play on Dunstall - so Ablett jogs down to Full Back

The ball is bounced in the centre - Hawthorn kick it down to full forward - Ablett slips over - Dunstall marks it and kicks number 7 - . The runner comes out to Ablett - and moves him straight back to full forward

Sheer Genius!

More worth than Bickley or Bell. Would like to see Buckenara, W Johnson and Trevor Barker in from the 80s before guys like Stevens, Bickley and Bell who we solid but not spectacular.
Wayne Johnston not being in the HoF is one that really stands out to me. I think his name gets brought up in a thread like this every year and every time I go off and check, thinking it has to be some sort of mistake!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Anthony Stevens really HOF worthy, was a good solid player but HOF really..
I'm a north supporter and I thought the same
Thing .. legend of our club but not sure 2x all Australian and club bnf is enough to get into the hall of fame ..

Anthony Stevens and Simon Goodwin are hall of fame? Jeez, good footballers but the HOF is being deminished by the year.
Goodwin was very deserving.

Stevens was a good player but borderline probably. I see him as one of those players who deserves to be in the HOF of his club but not the whole comp.

Similar to how I'd rate someone like Ryan O'Keefe for the Swans. Cresswell, Bolton, Kirk etc.l

Stevens was better than most of those players though

6 inductees per year is too many I think.

Stevens was a good player but borderline probably. I see him as one of those players who deserves to be in the HOF of his club but not the whole comp.

Similar to how I'd rate someone like Ryan O'Keefe for the Swans. Cresswell, Bolton, Kirk etc.l

Dilutes the idea

There shouldn't be a number though.
Look at recent times for example.

Judd, Ablett, Selwood, Enright, Hodge, Mitchell, Franklin, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Rance all playing in a given season - if you cut the number back and make it inflexible you can literally miss out on inductees that would otherwise walk in.

There shouldn't be a number though.
Look at recent times for example.

Judd, Ablett, Selwood, Enright, Hodge, Mitchell, Franklin, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Rance all playing in a given season - if you cut the number back and make it inflexible you can literally miss out on inductees that would otherwise walk in.
Not sure what your point is about all those players you named. Of course there will be HOF worthy players at any point in time but on average there are probably 2 or 3 retirees per year who deserve recognition in the HOF.

If there are 6 inductees per year then it will be too many at some stage in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back