Hall, Polec, Tyson & Pittard - how did we do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Also... who the * does shepherd for us these days? DuckYeah .. how many gifs of other players not shepherding have you come across? Cos it happens all the time. Its not just Hall. I wonder what things like Durdin's suspension earlier this year have to do with what seems to be lots less shepherding across the league. there's also the whistle happy umpiring.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Personally I don't look at those 4 in isolation. Don't forget the very reason we were able to get Polec (and probably Pittard) was by trading out our first round pick due to TT being available to us. We were always taking Bailey, and did well to secure Taylor as well.

Polec has provided exactly what I expected, some real poise with ball in hand. He's not gonna win games off his own boot but could well improve to do so in the seasons ahead.

So that pick effectively landed a #8 draft pick TT, plus Polec and Pittard. Hall cost nothing and could turn things around. Tyson (a former #3 draft pick) could well turn things around too, cost us an injury prone ruckman that we acquired in the rookie draft who is still running around in the VFL, and lets face it, Tom Campbell is probably better performed at that level.

All in all, I think we did well and hopefully more upside next year.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Also... who the fu** does shepherd for us these days? DuckYeah .. how many gifs of other players not shepherding have you come across? Cos it happens all the time. Its not just Hall. I wonder what things like Durdin's suspension earlier this year have to do with what seems to be lots less shepherding across the league. there's also the whistle happy umpiring.
Dont have to bump, just get between higgins and hodge and *in talk! Its the fundamentals.. Oh, thats his first play in round 2.. its fluid, its frequent.. yes there are other players, but you cant have that going on, its a liability, I dont stand for it full stop, dont care who it is.. but i’ll point it out.

Talk him up with your stats, you can have 5 touches and impact the game positively.. and that behaviour is contagious, its a senior player meant to be making examples for the young blokes.. piss off

He gets another go, but he needs to improve, the club needs to press forward and that stuff will not take us forward.. no matter who it is

May 24, 2005
Covid Central
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos
Personally I don't look at those 4 in isolation. Don't forget the very reason we were able to get Polec (and probably Pittard) was by trading out our first round pick due to TT being available to us. We were always taking Bailey, and did well to secure Taylor as well.

Polec has provided exactly what I expected, some real poise with ball in hand. He's not gonna win games off his own boot but could well improve to do so in the seasons ahead.

So that pick effectively landed a #8 draft pick TT, plus Polec and Pittard. Hall cost nothing and could turn things around. Tyson (a former #3 draft pick) could well turn things around too, cost us an injury prone ruckman that we acquired in the rookie draft who is still running around in the VFL, and lets face it, Tom Campbell is probably better performed at that level.

All in all, I think we did well and hopefully more upside next year.
I hope you’re not into the share market, you’d never sell anything.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits

I actually am in the financial markets, but no I don't need to sell anything, I trade and have a strong disdain of salesmen, analysts, and broker spivs. If their views were any good they'd put their balls on the line and take some risk themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back