Hall, Polec, Tyson & Pittard - how did we do?

May 24, 2005
Covid Central
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos
Pittard - Has been more than serviceable. Has probably exceeded my expectations as a defender. Big TICK from me.

Polec - Has shown glimpses but nothing more. Has shown he can be a wonderful left foot kick, but he has no right foot. And is purely an outside player (which is fine because that's what we lack). Doubt he'll be anywhere near our top 10 in the B&F, which is disappointing as he played some real good footy at Port. Hopefully he has a better 2020 under Shaw.

Hall - Showed a glimpse of what he could do in round 1 vs Freo & that was it. Obviously other issues have curtailed his year, but 2019 has been a total bust. Have no issue with the club bringing Hall across as he has attributes we lack.

Tyson - As expected. A slow inside mid who came to a club choc-full of slow inside mids. Tyson's manager & Preuss' manager need a thorough psychiatric assessment. It could possibly be the dumbest trade I've ever seen as it has stagnated both their careers. And whoever gave this trade the green light at NMFC needs to be held accountable. A 3 year deal for Tyson??? Nothing against Dom but we have 7-8 guys who can play the exact same role. I'd be amazed if he played more than 10 games for NMFC.

May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We are 1 from 4. Pittard being the best value and performer. Polec for all the hype has been disappointing, he has the talent to rectify that but to this point his output has not been good enough.

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have to say, Jasper has surprised me more than Polec. I’m not making a case as to who is better, just saying I expected less from Pittard and more from Polec.

Plus that enthusiasm he has 💙

The other two were what was to be expected.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pittard: Has been great.
Polec: Has been ok, still adjusting to out shithouse midfield and ball movement.
Hall: has shown some real positives, i think he can be an asset.
Tyson: didn't really get given too much of a shot, we such=k at clearances and he could have helped, however his disposal by foot is sub par.

Cant really complain about these trades i think all in all the port guys are a success and the other 2 have had injuries and other issues.

Last edited:

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
Tyson trade makes me so angry. He is s**t, he wasn't required and he is sucking up $500k of salary.

Borderline criminal that trade and set the tone for a s**t year, Ahern was put out of place, Ziebs had an ordinary start, it was just an absolute desperate move made by two people who are out of their depth.

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Polec and Pittard have been fair value for pick 11, especially when you look at our drafting efforts in the first round over 2011-2015.
Ben McKay
Sam Durdin
Luke McDonald
Taylor Garner
Bread McKenzie
That’s a sad looking lot. Joyces and co missed their chance to bring A grade talent into the club 5 years in a row.

Rather than giving up our first for Polec, I would have preferred swapping our 2018 first for someone’s 2019 first and then using second rounders to trade for Polec.

Tyson - we gave up next to nothing and got the same in return. Hall was worth a punt.

fu** off you anti-hair, bald, soft campaigners.

I find it staggering that after last weekend anyone can think hairdo's are amongst the problems requiring solutions in the near future.

Pittard has been a massive surprise for me, I thought he was added to the deal because Port was desperate to get rid of him and we were desperate to obtain Polec. I didn't think he would play many games, yet he has proven himself to be a steady reliable defender who has improved as the season has gone on. A nice little bonus that I didn't expect.

Polec probably hasn't had as good a season as last year for Port, but he has still had a very good season and contributed greatly to our improved form over the second half of the season. I'd expect further improvement next season as he gets more comfortable with the players and culture.

Hall was okay in the early part of the season, but obviously due to his personal issues football had to take a back seat. Hopefully he can have a better season next year.

Tyson was a interesting trade as we had too many players of his ilk to begin with, and as a result he didn't play many games this season. Appears to be nothing more than cover for injuries.

Last edited:

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tyson trade makes me so angry. He is s**t, he wasn't required and he is sucking up $500k of salary.

Borderline criminal that trade and set the tone for a s**t year, Ahern was put out of place, Ziebs had an ordinary start, it was just an absolute desperate move made by two people who are out of their depth.
500k as if!

I’ve loved Pittard’s impact and been happy with Polec too for the most part.

Hall’s had issues and we haven’t seen enough of him. Tyson too, and as a result both have been virtually invisible. I’ll save judgement on them for next year.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pittard is a cult hero, I was a skeptic, thought he was poor in his first few game.. if he irons out that one or two turn overs that cost in goals he could be AA!
Polec showed enough to suggest why he got a fair pay cheque, he has been out of form the last month but he’s not a lone
Hall massive fail, played half a dozen or so games, played well in patches but ultimately gave us nothing..
Dom Tyson was always a bad decision, couldnt work out why he traded him

Pittard is a cult hero, I was a skeptic, thought he was poor in his first few game.. if he irons out that one or two turn overs that cost in goals he could be AA!
Polec showed enough to suggest why he got a fair pay cheque, he has been out of form the last month but he’s not a lone
Hall massive fail, played half a dozen or so games, played well in patches but ultimately gave us nothing..
Dom Tyson was always a bad decision, couldnt work out why he traded him

Hall is still third on our average tackles per game rankings.

Just let that sink in a bit.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hall is still third on our average tackles per game rankings.

Just let that sink in a bit.
Lol hes like watching an u/12 tackling a verteran.. rarely caused a stoppage with a tackle, most of them broken and the ball was disposed of too .. fair to say he isnt the only one in the team that does thus but dont over inflate his stats to support your opinion

Back