Movie Halloween

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels

I completely forgot they were making this. Actually looks pretty good.

This is basically a sequel to the original. In this 'universe' everything after that didn't happen.

I completely forgot they were making this. Actually looks pretty good.

This is basically a sequel to the original. In this 'universe' everything after that didn't happen.

I thought #4 was ok, certainly better than that WTF moment of ‘Season of the Witch’. :$

Michael Myers is a great character. Love the no nonsense approach he has to life! The Rob Zombie movies were a bit OTT but there were some great kills; the prison escape where he breaks the chains, and in II where he gets bashed in the field then gets his mask on and turns into a ******* monster.

Am watching this on Wednesday.

I enjoyed it but because they ignore the family connection and sequels I found Laurie's obsession and preparation for Michael Myers over one near miss encounter 40 years ago unrealistic.
I’ve just watched it. It wasn’t bad. I actually think an avenue that needed to be explored more was his time in Smith’s Grove. I like the psychological assessment segments.

It generally moves quite quickly, you know what will happen in the sense that he will come for Laurie. As you say though, with the one incident 40 years ago, how can she be so sure he will come for her? It’s almost as if they’ve missed an element here in the sense that Michael has been portrayed as having a motivation to return to Haddonfield, but why? This is literally the first escape since he was incarcerated as a child. Really good point you make.

The rest of the movie wasn’t bad, and it was well done in parts, but I just feel the Laurie Strode part was overdone due to not having a sense of Michael returning or the movie giving no indication for it.

I enjoyed the journalists getting killed, he was a right git, deliberately there to provoke him and goad him with the mask. I don’t know about Sartain, that really didn’t resonate that well.

I’d give it a 6/10 overall;

-Good concept in that it was not a complex plot
-Good violence and gore
-Well referenced back to the original with theme music and style
-Laurie Strode was overdone
-The teen killing concept was a tad unnecessary
-Sartain didn’t do it for me
-Wanted more focus on Michael after 40 years and the psychological components

I enjoyed it but because they ignore the family connection and sequels I found Laurie's obsession and preparation for Michael Myers over one near miss encounter 40 years ago unrealistic.
26ECF30D-D9C9-4ECF-BF9A-0ABF0A5F8C5F.jpeg

But the grown man with superhuman strength walking around in a mask with his only thought in life to destroy his family you found completely plausible..?

Why is that warranted?
Is the movie based on fact? No.

Finding something ‘unrealistic’ in a movie based on fantasy, that’s why.

It’s the kind of comments I hate like when someone watches Star Wars and says - “that wouldn’t happen, there’s no gravity in space!!!”

It’s the kind of comments I hate like when someone watches Star Wars and says - “that wouldn’t happen, there’s no gravity in space!!!”
I get your point, my gripe with it was that there was no sufficient storyline for Laurie being so paranoid and ‘feeling’ he would return. I’d have liked more dialogue on that as opposed to just the assumption he’d arrive. It’s more of hole in the plot.

View attachment 609578

But the grown man with superhuman strength walking around in a mask with his only thought in life to destroy his family you found completely plausible..?

But Laurie and Michael weren't family from that film's point of view and that's the point. The 40 year connection based on one encounter was very weak. They should have at least kept the brother/sister relationship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The film tries to play on the emotions of the situations. It wasn't trying to be a straight out slasher.

Films have to have a sense of reality even when there are fantasy elements.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back