Aboriginal & TSI Halls Creek Football Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

Lake Grace, population 500, produced 3 Mortons, Mark Bairstow, Nat Fyfe, Liam Baker and Magarey Medallist John Duckworth.
This is where all the Mortons are from too, even their dad.

Anyone from LG used to repeatedly talk up the Mortons and how the next one was even better than the next!

This is where all the Mortons are from too, even their dad.

Anyone from LG used to repeatedly talk up the Mortons and how the next one was even better than the next!

Noel Morton >>>>>> his son’s.

Bairstow & Fyfe, who gets to captain Lake Grace / Pingrup team of the century ?.

Johnny Duckworth = get out of my way.

From AFL website:

This remote WA town might be the best AFL nursery in Australia
If you guessed Halls Creek, you were correct. The tiny town in the east Kimberley region of WA continued its staggering strike-rate of AFL (and AFLW) players when Farrar was selected by the Suns, making it one AFL-listed player for every 400-odd residents. The cousin of Carlton's Sam Petrevski-Seton, Farrar joins Lion Cedric Cox, Bomber Irving Mosquito, Crow Shane McAdam, Eagle Francis Watson and Demon Toby Bedford in the AFL. Krstel Petrevski, also a cousin of Petrevski-Seton and Bedford, was selected by Melbourne's AFL Women's team in last month's draft. Not bad from a town with a population of 3269 (from the 2016 Census).

Ash Johnson picked up in the mid-season draft tonight, making it seven current AFL players from Halls Creek!

Last edited:
I've just changed the thread title to Halls Creek Football Factory, so we can stop debating whether it's the most over-represented AFL town and just celebrate all the talent coming out of Halls Creek and the surrounding communities.

I was watching an interview on AFL Tonight last week where Liam Jones of Carlton said his father’s family is from Halls Creek although it was unclear if he had lived there. He mentioned that his grandmother had a connection with Petrevski-Seton’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Halls Creek is a town of about 1500 people in the eastern Kimberley region of northern WA. It is one of the most remote towns in Australia, if not the world! Made up of majority Aboriginal people of Jaru, Kija, Kukatja, Walmajarri and Gooniyandi language groups. For most of these people, their first language is Kimberley Kriol. Australian English is usually their second language.

halls-creek-location-map.gif

Quite soon, Halls Creek will have four players on AFL lists. Sam Petrevski-Seton of Carlton and Cedric Cox of Brisbane were recently joined by Shane McAdam of Adelaide, and young Irving Mosquito is a part of the Hawthorn Next-Gen Academy.

Four players from a town of 1500 people seems pretty remarkable to me, let alone one that is as remote as Halls Creek, and where the players will be coming to an AFL club and speaking in their second language!

I'm wondering, is this the most over-represented town in the AFL competition? What other small towns boast multiple players on an AFL list?
I very much doubt the town will be in a hurry to erect a bronze statue of any of these names.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back