All Australian
Aug 27, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Olympiacos
[YOUTUBE]DKkLykw33cI[/YOUTUBE]

It's only a couple of weeks away and this live action trailer makes me want it even more :D.

Firefight is going to be really interesting in my opinion when you're playing it with 3 friends. Watching your buddy run off for a hero run solo and get slaughtered and then saving it and repeatedly showing it to them will provide endless entertainment:p.

Christ i hope they carry through with the plan to make the movie.

Firefight looks great, so much replay value to halo games as it is, but this kicks that up a notch. Already preordered to unlock Johnson, it's like he's back from the dead:(

[YOUTUBE]rtrXu82r5VM[/YOUTUBE]

Was browsing youtube last night, and a couple of really smart kids in France uploaded a full firefight mission.
[YOUTUBE]3k3ea1Stpdc[/YOUTUBE]

That's the first part if you wanna check it out, though they played it on easy so I'm gonna reserve judgement until I play it on Legendary. There's no spoilers in the firefight movies if anyone's worried, it's the campaign ones you should stay away from.

I really wanna go as Johnson, but I don't see anything wrong with picking Dare ;) haha.

What does ODST stand for?

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper. The best of the marines.

Would seem so, not gonna be here until 2012 though.

The script is actually done by an Aussie too, Spielberg was "Blown away" by it apparently.:thumbsu:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464037/

The day after it leaked that Spielberg was interested, Microsoft basically brushed it off :(. I agree that if the movie is anything like this trailer then it would be absolutely awesome.

A Microsoft spokesperson responds on the Spielberg rumors saying that they're "glad that there's still a lot of enthusiasm in the entertainment industry surrounding the idea of a Halo movie." But he further states that film is still on hold and that they are putting their full focus on the Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach projects until further notice.

http://kotaku.com/5334508/microsoft-halo-movie-still-on-hold

The idea of "shock troopers" isn't a video game thing Kerbs, it's an idea that the Germans used in WW2, parachuting troops behind enemy lines to surprise them. It's no different to using the term marine, or special ops or the like.

The only difference here is that instead of using a chute, these guys use orbital drops (you can see the method in that live action vid), thus Orbital Drop Shock Trooper.

Christ i hope they carry through with the plan to make the movie.

Firefight looks great, so much replay value to halo games as it is, but this kicks that up a notch. Already preordered to unlock Johnson, it's like he's back from the dead:(

[youtube]rtrXu82r5VM[/youtube]

so that's going to be pretty much like the online co-op in resistance 2 except with less players and missions i'm assuming (since i think i heard 10 stages)?

and regarding the first vid with real humans....that was way better than i'd anticipated
just from that if there was a halo movie i'd see it for sure (would probably be s**t though and i'd only know a tiny bit of what's going on)

it'd be a halo fanboys wetdream though

[YOUTUBE]DKkLykw33cI[/YOUTUBE]

It's only a couple of weeks away and this live action trailer makes me want it even more :D.

Firefight is going to be really interesting in my opinion when you're playing it with 3 friends. Watching your buddy run off for a hero run solo and get slaughtered and then saving it and repeatedly showing it to them will provide endless entertainment:p.

Nice vid, remember the live action "believe" trailer for Halo 3?

Nice vid, remember the live action "believe" trailer for Halo 3?

Yep, this new one is made by same dudes

[YOUTUBE]zKG1nvV1Wnc[/YOUTUBE]

Halo gets dissed so much as a game for xbox fanboys, but beneath all that guff lies a game with such an great story. Gotta admire the effort that goes in to building the whole epic feel of the series

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[YOUTUBE]BxdvGO1oOF0[/YOUTUBE]
This one is the one that resembles the We Are ODST trailer the most I reckon and looking back on it now I have to say I like the ODST one a lot better.

You are so cool Glenno. Reading Hyper and all.

I read every gaming magazine. It helps me in my job.

I was just pointing out that Bungie/ Microsoft are very good at milking this product, while everyone sits back and flames Activision for milking GH, when Bungie/ Microsoft are just as guilty of it with Halo.

I would love to see some real innovation with the Halo series (and don't claim Halo Wars, it wasn't developed by Bungie) Its been pretty standard since Halo 1.

Now most succesful game series don't stray too far from a winning formula, but from me looking at Halo (and someone inside the industry) Halo 2 was just Halo 1 with new levels and better graphics, and Halo 3 the same.

I understand they needed to have the trilogy to finish the original story, but now they have renegged on their original "its just a trilogy" and i thought the Hyper preview hit the nail on the head.

Technically it's still a "trilogy" since the games where you play as Master Chief are the only ones considered to be in the "original" series of Halo games.

The way I see it Microsoft were probably the ones pushing for more Halo games and since they own the rights if Bungie weren't gonna do them, then they would turn to someone else which probably isn't a good idea. Given the (assumed) pressure they're under I'd say they're doing a pretty good job of making the best out of it.

I was just pointing out that Bungie/ Microsoft are very good at milking this product, while everyone sits back and flames Activision for milking GH, when Bungie/ Microsoft are just as guilty of it with Halo.

Activision is releasing a new CoD every year and multiple GH every year. Bungie/Microsoft isn't nearly as bad:

Halo (2001)
Halo 2 (2004)
Halo 3 (2007)
Halo Wars (2008)
Halo ODST (2009)
Halo Reach (???)

Halo Wars isn't the same genre, and Reach might not be out until 2011. Activision is clearly milking its franchises more.

I would love to see some real innovation with the Halo series (and don't claim Halo Wars, it wasn't developed by Bungie) Its been pretty standard since Halo 1.

Now most succesful game series don't stray too far from a winning formula, but from me looking at Halo (and someone inside the industry) Halo 2 was just Halo 1 with new levels and better graphics, and Halo 3 the same.

I understand they needed to have the trilogy to finish the original story, but now they have renegged on their original "its just a trilogy" and i thought the Hyper preview hit the nail on the head.

Please enlighten those of us who don't have the time or inclination to read Hyper previews. What did they say?

And have you played much of any of the Halo games yourself, or are they below your station as the proprietor of video games?

I also wish there were less quality games, and companies would start to hate money.

Activision is releasing a new CoD every year and multiple GH every year. Bungie/Microsoft isn't nearly as bad:

Halo (2001)
Halo 2 (2004)
Halo 3 (2007)
Halo Wars (2008)
Halo ODST (2009)
Halo Reach (???)

Halo Wars isn't the same genre, and Reach might not be out until 2011. Activision is clearly milking its franchises more.

I know Activision/ Blizzard are the kings of it, i just think Microsoft and Bungie get away with it a bit more, while Activision seem to be the whipping boy of the gaming world for milking franchises.

I understand COD gets released each year, but for one, they have 2 developers working on it and for two, at least IW changed it up a bit and went from WW2 to modern times with number 4.

Please enlighten those of us who don't have the time or inclination to read Hyper previews. What did they say?

And have you played much of any of the Halo games yourself, or are they below your station as the proprietor of video games?

I also wish there were less quality games, and companies would start to hate money.

Yes LLD, i have played the Halo games. A bit hard not to when in the industry. I have played:

Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo Wars

I don't want to sit and re type what i read, i was merely just asking if anyone else had seen it, and if anyone else shared my views on the game. Hyper's preview is pretty much in my line of thinking and is probably the mag i enjoy reading most out of all gaming mags i read (about 6 a month)

Everyone is entitle to like/ dislike whichever game they choose, i just happen to think Halo gets a little too much credit. Don't get me worng, Halo 1 helped shape the FPS as we know it, but what has it done since?

Its not like companies like Microsoft and Activision/ Blizzard are short of coin and need a cash injection to stay afloat.

I would love to see IW attack a new IP after MW2 and see what they can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back