XBX1 Halo 5: Guardians

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it has its place. That place is Warzone which is a really fun game type when you just want to relax. Its definitely something new to the franchise which is always welcome.
What I don't like is that it was kept as the only vehicle playlist (they kept BTB out at launch) on purpose to squeeze out some extra money from people buying REQ packs. People were going to buy REQ packs no matter what so I felt that was a slightly underhanded thing to do.
They made 400 million in sales in the first week. Half a million was req packs. Req packs are nothing

They made 400 million in sales in the first week. Half a million was req packs. Req packs are nothing

REQ packs fund future DLC and Tourney money. They are a major pillar of the games productive cycle and a big deal.

I don't have an issue with it, but they knew BTB was a staple playlist for many players that would pull on the player pool of players playing Warzone. They kept it out on purpose. Like I said I understand why they did it, I don't like it though.

Half a million was only the money they put towards the Halo tournament iirc, I'm guessing they made more than that from REQ's.

Unrelated but 400m also included software, hardware (consoles/controllers), REQ's and who knows what else. Sales so far seem to be the worst for a mainline Halo game.

Half a million was only the money they put towards the Halo tournament iirc, I'm guessing they made more than that from REQ's.

Unrelated but 400m also included software, hardware (consoles/controllers), REQ's and who knows what else. Sales so far seem to be the worst for a mainline Halo game.
Halo 4 only had 300m in sales. Anyway I'm sure Microsoft would love that they are selling consoles. Microsoft would rate 1 Xbox sell far higher than 1 game sell and since it's halo 343 is pretty much Microsoft so wouldn't they be very happy with that?

Halo 4 only had 300m in sales. Anyway I'm sure Microsoft would love that they are selling consoles. Microsoft would rate 1 Xbox sell far higher than 1 game sell and since it's halo 343 is pretty much Microsoft so wouldn't they be very happy with that?

The sales are good, don't get my wrong. But compared to previous entries in the series it doesn't look that flash.

As far as I know the 300m for H4 only included software + H4 only had a standard and limited edition, H5 had standard, limited and a limited collector's edition.

4 and MCC must have had a pretty big negative impact on the franchise.

Still got the Christmas period to bump that up a bit, that said though it's to be expected as i'm sure plenty are holding off until then just to make sure this game isn't an absolute flop.

Multiplayer is just lacking in content at the moment. Looking forward to when they introduce a few more of the 'party' type game modes.

Because they're trying to #sustain the population. I doubt many people will leave games such as Fallout/CoD because they can play king of the hill now.

Best way to keep your players is to give them stuff all content, apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really enjoying halo online atm, I'm loving the new maps too.

Got pretty annoyed this afternoon though. Played 5 games and every game had some sooky *s quitting when it got too hard. It's not on.

Played war zone when I first got halo and lost 7 games. No biggie, didn't really enjoy the game type but I saw the appeal.

Halo are doing special daily req pack for winning a game of war zone. I think "alright, cool, I'll join a game, win and get a quick req pack."

That was 4 hours ago and I've lost 12 games in a row. It doesn't help that I still reallllyyyy hate this game type.

So much for a "quick" req pack.

Last edited:
Played last night and played the Shielded Breakout Weekend playlist. won 8/10 games and got ranked Diamond. WE though hey we are doing pretty good tonight lets jump into Warzone get a win and then head off.

Games starts well, I go on a 15 kills streak we prevent them from capping their first armoury for about 3mins we take both our armoury and spire and pretty much settle in.
Push the lead out to maybe 650-290 and things are going smoothly. All of a sudden the game just changes, they call in a couple of Wraiths and a Banshee. Not a big deal I thought Banshees are weak, a bit of focused fire and he will go down.
It was not to be, the guy was flipping non stop he was actually unhittable, and every time he fired a shot he got a kill. What was originally an absolute destruction of the opposition team became an absolute grind to stay alive huddled in one of the armouries.
We managed to wait it out and get close enough that when Warden Eternal spawned in we bombarded him with fuel rods and got the win, but they caught up so quickly. All because this guy had the Banshee and was just untouchable.

He ended up going 54-5 I think or something like that, and I don't normally scream OP but it was ridiculous that a full team firing at the guy couldn't bring him down. I don't know if there is a special Banshee that is like super strong with tracking bombs but it certainly felt that way. He might have been lagging a little that made him hard to hit but ive never seen anything like it.
Really soured the gametype for me, after a really good night of close fair breakout games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back