Streaming Halo Series: Paramount+

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised there's no thread for this. First episode just dropped.

Surprised with how much I enjoyed it. It follows a familiar recent Sci-Fi trope of going for the big bustling lead and the child companion, but interested to see where the story goes and how much it overlaps with the first game.

I know the origin story already, but it sounds like something I will enjoy watching.

Imo the game storyline gets unnecessarily complicated in the sequels, and this reduces the conflict between the humans and aliens. It was a much better story having the humans just handing on for survival.

The Mandalorian success might have enabled this series.

I know the origin story already, but it sounds like something I will enjoy watching.

Imo the game storyline gets unnecessarily complicated in the sequels, and this reduces the conflict between the humans and aliens. It was a much better story having the humans just handing on for survival.

The Mandalorian success might have enabled this series.

i hate how modern shows get misleading titles

i was reading to watch a nice religious family show (ive been in withdrawal ever since they took 7th heaven off tv) and instead saw a violent show that flies in the face of established biblical teachings that establishes that humans are the only people in the universe

i will be writing a letter

Feel like this will lead into the Fall of Reach book and then the Halo 1 plot. Might re-read the book to refresh myself as I'm sure it'll borrow a bit from that while making its own story.

It's got a cheesy Starship Troopers feel to it.

Like the scene where one of the Spartans picks up a Covenant weapon and fires it.

When picking it up it's been digitally rendered, when they throw it to the ground they forgot to render it and you see the original creamy looking prop colour.

Could become a D grade cult classic.

I thought it wasn’t bad. Quite enjoyed it.

There was some dodgy CGI but mostly fine, and a bit of crappy acting by a few characters (the Indian Admiral lady) but overall it’s passable. The girl is good.

I wasn't expecting much so I really didn't mind it. I was actually surprised at how gory it was when the kids were disintegrated at the beginning. A lesser production would simply have the bodies stay intact, and the blood being kept on Quan's face even after she was in the Pelican was a detail many shows wouldn't have kept, so points there. Also thought the Elites and plasma effects were good, though at an average of $10mil per episode you'd hope it's back ended and gets better still. Am disappointed that Chief took his helmet off, I recognized the actor from Orange is the new black so now I have a face I know to the voice which takes away from the curiosity of the character. Still excited for the rest of it, just have to alter my expectations as it's not supposed to be much like the game

Great second episode, really shaping up to be a cracker show. Didn't know this was in an alternate canon to the games so means I have even less expectations of where this plot goes so that's solid.

Who exactly is their target audiences here?

This feels nothing like Halo so can't be the gamers and if it's not aimed at the biggest group of people who were into Halo who else?

Confusing.

Who exactly is their target audiences here?

This feels nothing like Halo so can't be the gamers and if it's not aimed at the biggest group of people who were into Halo who else?

Confusing.

Why isn't their target audience the gamers? Just because we're not watching a video game on our TV screen doesn't mean people interested in that universe won't enjoy it. I'm loving it.

Why isn't their target audience the gamers? Just because we're not watching a video game on our TV screen doesn't mean people interested in that universe won't enjoy it. I'm loving it.

Because gamers don't like change if it strays to far from what made them love it?

Master Chief is always in full armour with his face fully covered.

Now there's this guy who feels nothing like Master Chief who can't wait to get his helmet off any chance he can to let us all see his face talking.

And there wasn't even any storyline that built up this element or acknowledged how this never happens, just wrote it in like it's not even part of the characters mystique.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because gamers don't like change if it strays to far from what made them love it?

Now there's this guy who feels nothing like Master Chief who can't wait to get his helmet off any chance he can to let us all see his face talking.

And there wasn't even any storyline that built up this element or acknowledged how this never happens, just wrote it in like it's not even part of the characters mystique.

Then I guess don't watch.

He takes his helmet off in the books/novels, its nothing new.

We were talking about the gamers.

They would make up the bulk of the people who know of Halo.

They would also make up the bulk of the people who read the books.

And the people who read the books are a small % of the people playing it.

And this show is trying to appeal to a broader audience than just people who play the games. Halo hasn't been a massively mainstream game in about 5-10 years.

And this show is trying to appeal to a broader audience than just people who play the games. Halo hasn't been a massively mainstream game in about 5-10 years.

Does this ever work?

Seems to be far more examples of TV/Movie types screwing with successful formulas and losing audiences rather than building bigger ones.

Does this ever work?

Seems to be far more examples of TV/Movie types screwing with successful formulas and losing audiences rather than building bigger ones.

What successful formula? Watching Master Chief run around shooting for 40 minutes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back