XBX1 Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems to work better after the patch?

Hard to know 100% because the population is so dead that you can't find games in anything bar Team Slayer and Halo 2 Anniversary. But it found those games semi quickly, had even teams and very minimal lag, so...yay?
That's all I could find when there was a population, and that still took 20 mins per game.
It doesn't give you much hope for H5

That's all I could find when there was a population, and that still took 20 mins per game.
It doesn't give you much hope for H5

H5 Beta got a game under a minute each time. The community is there, just the * up of MP with MCC caused them to give up.

The H5 beta, while MUCH better than the MCC, still had a bunch of problems with it. I can't even count the amount of times searching for a game took upwards on 5mins because a player left after it found enough players. Meh, H5 MP was crap anyway and I doubt I'll play it much at all.

It seems to work better after the patch?

Hard to know 100% because the population is so dead that you can't find games in anything bar Team Slayer and Halo 2 Anniversary. But it found those games semi quickly, had even teams and very minimal lag, so...yay?

The population is probably even worse on 3 and Reach on the 360 and I could probably find games faster on those two games, I'll test it out one day... :rainbow:

The population is probably even worse on 3 and Reach on the 360 and I could probably find games faster on those two games, I'll test it out one day... :rainbow:

Halo games have always had longer matchmaking times than other games though due to no DI/DO. They really need to let go and add it. It will speed up MM times massively and solve the really bad quitter problem.

Halo games have always had longer matchmaking times than other games though due to no DI/DO. They really need to let go and add it. It will speed up MM times massively and solve the really bad quitter problem.

DI/DO ?

They added it in H4 and it was terrible (as a lot of things were with that game), not sure why but it just didn't work as it did in CoD.

-(almost) 6 month update-

About a week ago they had to cancel a Halo tournament because of connection issues:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/04/halo-mcc-esports-event-cancelled-because-the-game-wouldnt-work/

Apparently the latest patch broke certain parts of the MP again, I haven't tried it yet as it was still broken for me after the patch that supposedly fixed a lot of the issues earlier this year.

zjG9lOz.gif

http://www.xboxachievements.com/new...lack-Eye-for-Us--�--Says-Frank-O-Connor-.html

“Halo: The Master Chief Collection is definitely a black eye for us,” said O’Connor. “We’re not going to rest on our laurels or hide from the mistakes we made. However, I will say that the nature of The Master Chief Collection - you’ve got five different game engines, you’ve got five different studios working on it, you’ve got 343 working on putting it all together - the footprint and complexity was outrageous.

“To be perfectly honest, there were a lot of things that happened when we got it into a retail environment that we simply didn’t see in a test environment, so that’s what really caught us by surprise. We’ve been sort of scrambling to get it first in a playable stage and now we’re going to get it in a polished stage, so that people are getting what they deserved in the first place. We’re never going to back away from that or shy away from that.

“To be perfectly honest, there were a lot of things that happened when we got it into a retail environment that we simply didn’t see in a test environment,

343 Straight up lying to their fans again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game is still broken but you have to pay for ODST if you played the MCC after the 19th of December.

The Halo 3: ODST Campaign addition to Halo: The Master Chief Collection will soon be available for purchase from the Xbox Store for $4.99 USD for those that do not qualify for the free offer.

343 just the gift that keeps on giving. :$

fricken $5-big deal.

The game is still broken and they're putting a price on something that was meant to be compensation/an apology.

It doesn't matter how much it is, it's still bullshit.

Can someone explain why you can't join in-session games?

It seems so senseless that you can only play multiplayer once your lobby fills up. All it takes is for one player to leave as the match is about to start, and the match is ruined (certainly for non-Slayer game types). On top of that, it would hasten matchmaking times drastically.

Why is it so important to make sure every player starts the game? I'd be more than happy to sacrifice the "pure match" experience if it meant I got games quicker.

Another 100 achievements... Sigh

Just when I was getting on top of them.

The matchmaking is far better now. It's still slow, but at least it's not taking more than 10 minutes to get games.

It really is great fun. Big Team Battle best mode.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back