Hamilton says Lance Doped

Remove this Banner Ad

Freakie

Cool cool cool
10k Posts Pantskyle Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Todd Banfield 2010 Player Sponsor
Oct 23, 2009
Fitzroy?
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
The Roys FC
Tyler Hamilton will be interviewed on 60 Minutes in the US and he explicitly says that he personally saw Lance inject himself with EPO on multiple occasions.

They've just run the trailer for it in the last hour.

A former teammate of perhaps the world's greatest cyclist, Lance Armstrong, says he used banned performance-enhancing substances with Armstrong to cheat in pro races, including the Tour de France, the sport's ultimate event.

For the first time, former Armstrong teammate Tyler Hamilton reveals details to Scott Pelley never heard in public before of how and when he and some of the former members of the U.S. Postal Service team led by Armstrong used banned substances, including EPO and testosterone, to gain an advantage in races that Armstrong won.

Hamilton's interview is part of a six-month investigation by "60 Minutes" into doping on the cycling circuit and whether Armstrong has used banned substances - which he has steadfastly denied - a matter now under federal investigation.

The Pelley team's report will be broadcast on "60 Minutes" Sunday, May 22 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

Hamilton, one of Armstrong's closest teammates and a champion cyclist in his own right, has previously denied using banned substances. He came forward to reveal secrets he thought he would harbor for years after he was subpoenaed by the grand jury in the federal investigation and forced to testify. "[Armstrong] took what we all took...the majority of the peloton," Hamilton says, referring to the tight group of bicycles and their riders in a race. "There was EPO...testosterone...a blood transfusion," he tells Pelley.

Hamilton says Armstrong used EPO, a drug that boosted endurance by increasing the amount of red blood cells in his body, to win the 1999 Tour de France, the race he won an astonishing seven times. "I saw [EPO] in his refrigerator...I saw him inject it more than one time like we all did, like I did many, many times."

Another former Armstrong teammate, also a witness in the federal investigation, is Frankie Andreu. He tells Pelley he took banned substances because lesser riders he believed were doping passed him by. "Training alone wasn't doing it and I think that's how...many of the other riders during that era felt, I mean, you kind of didn't have a choice," says Andreu.

The bedrock of Armstrong's denials over the years has been his claim to have never failed one of the hundreds of drug tests he has taken. Hamilton says Armstrong told him he did fail a test in 2001 given during the Tour de Swiss, an important event right before the Tour de France.

That allegation is under investigation by federal authorities.

Has Armstrong ever sued one of these guys for defamation?

I think he took Jesus Hernandes to court (as well as trying to bully him out of the TDF one year), can't remember if he was successful.

The problem for Lance is there is an official investigation into him and both Landis and Hamilton (and a few others I think) are willing to testify under oath in front of a grand jury that he doped.

Landis has zero cred due to the way he handled himself being caught, Hamilton has a bit more cred (even though he originally denied doping when first caught).

Lance has got very defensive on twitter today, this has clearly given him a scare.

Personally I think he doped, but then so did every other guy in the peleton. However it does not excuse cheating.

I think he took Jesus Hernandes to court (as well as trying to bully him out of the TDF one year), can't remember if he was successful.

The problem for Lance is there is an official investigation into him and both Landis and Hamilton (and a few others I think) are willing to testify under oath in front of a grand jury that he doped.

Landis has zero cred due to the way he handled himself being caught, Hamilton has a bit more cred (even though he originally denied doping when first caught).

Lance has got very defensive on twitter today, this has clearly given him a scare.

Personally I think he doped, but then so did every other guy in the peleton. However it does not excuse cheating.

A current rider has testified under oath in front of the grand jury who are looking after Armstrong's case.

The reason I ask is that we all know Armstrong is very litigious yet he doesn't take any action against these guys?

Sounds like his day is coming unfortunately which will be a massive blow for the sport.

The reason I ask is that we all know Armstrong is very litigious yet he doesn't take any action against these guys?

that is a myth, Armstrong has actually never one, sorry, won, a libel suit, and he has only used the courts to get his insurance payout, and to keep David Walsh from publishing in the UK.

The US wont have a bar of exposure, until the dams burst, around 18 months back. Cos he is the feedstock that fits the US mythology and dreamscapes of Today (show on NBC), Letterman, Leno, et al. The opium of the masses that can keep consuming Nike product, and keep buying "awareness" as a public good charity.

NB. see the advent in Aus of a niche Armstrong was key to making business from charity, not just rich art networking charity dinners in Manhattan.

Movemeber, Jane McGrath cricket day. Pink Ribbon, Jeans for Genes, Daffodil day, lots of awareness going round eh?

Sounds like his day is coming unfortunately which will be a massive blow for the sport.

won't it be the complete opposite?

the biggest cheat in the history of the sport gets his comeuppance = > perhaps cheaters don't prosper afterall?

Hincapie will be pissed that came out. He testified last year and wanted it kept quiet because he's a current rider. He's spoken out and now everyone knows he will probably get treated like an outsider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could be wrong but i think he has never failed a drug test

Yes you are wrong.

His 1999 samples contain traces of EPO. He just used his money and spun a lot of bullshit about the samples being contaminated. He doesnt' want them retested in a professional sense. Wonder why?

Plus Zabel and Riis never failed drug tests yet they were on EPO during their career.

The term in cycling "Never failed a drug test" is a myth. If you do your s**t right, see Thomas Frei, you will never get caught. Thomas only got caught last year becasue he didn't drink enough water in the 24 hours since he took EPO.

all these disgraced riders are coming out now because theyve got nothing to lose, while Lance is still a god.

i dont deny Lance has used PEDs or not. I have suspiscion he probably has. But saying he has, and providing evidence that he has are two separate things, particularly when those making the accusations have no credibility.

all these disgraced riders are coming out now because theyve got nothing to lose, while Lance is still a god.

i dont deny Lance has used PEDs or not. I have suspiscion he probably has. But saying he has, and providing evidence that he has are two separate things, particularly when those making the accusations have no credibility.

Umm Hincapie is far from disgraced... Landis and Hamilto yes, but Hincape has just a bigger standing in the peleton as Lance did. This one will hurt...

Hincapie is one of the most loved and respected riders in the peloton with a successful company he has with his brother. To say he has no credibility shows your lack of cycling knowledge. A lot of young riders look up to him. He is one of the honest most humble men you will ever meet. He has a lot to lose if he is lieing in front of a grand jury.

And back on Landis. What you all fail to see is that if Landis is lieing he will be going to jail for a very long time. Noone would risk 10 years in jail lying to a grand jury just to get back at someone.

Landis & Hamilton. Wasnt referring to Hincapie. thought you lot wouldve been able to assume this with my comment "theyve got nothing to lose". Hincapie is still competing, has not been implicated personally, and so as you also say my dear cycling guru sasquatch, he has plenty to lose. he is trying to deny making comments. he didnt want it to go public. He realises full well that as a former teammate of all of Armstrong, Landis, & Hamilton, and others at US postal who have been implicated in doping, he will be implicated in this too.

CBS News has also reported that, "Hincapie testified that he and Armstrong supplied each other with the endurance-boosting substance EPO and discussed having used another banned substance, testosterone, to prepare for races."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-hincapie-tells-fda-armstrong-took-peds

im guessing though that his credibility will be taking a hit after this, if true.

And back on Landis. What you all fail to see is that if Landis is lieing he will be going to jail for a very long time. Noone would risk 10 years in jail lying to a grand jury just to get back at someone.

i dont think many people are denying Landis isnt telling the truth, or Armstrong isnt a doper. but he's making claims public that he would otherwise keep to himself because he's already been disgraced and lost his cred.

and apart from the 'he said, she said' game that theyve been playing, what other evidence is there. where are the positive results between 1999-2005? where are any photos or videos? team raids? there are none. will consequential evidence be enough to convict Armstrong - teams, Bruyneel, and Ferrari, etc.........if you do, might as well charge all in cycling.

1. eye witness accounts are evidence.

2. positive tests are evidence

No s**t Hincapie didn't want it to go public. He testified middle of last year. It's been news for people in the know for a long time. He has to deny he has talked. He didn't want it to get out.

And yes, as I mentioned before there are positive tests. Armstrong's samples from 1999 contain EPO. He refuses to get them tested properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back