Recommitted Hamish Hartlett [staying at Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean its interesting that a team that paid Spud Frawley how much would be talking about a cap squeeze

Giving that we dont actually know what the cap is next year, and that more than just Port are supposedly pretty close to the projected figures most of this is just hyperbole

Your problem is Jason Cripps needs a new calculator you have 9 players averaging around 550 that is approx $5 million and 31 players on the rest do the averages

Your cap is fine it just means you will have quality with crap

Your problem is Jason Cripps needs a new calculator you have 9 players averaging around 550 that is approx $5 million and 31 players on the rest do the averages

Your cap is fine it just means you will have quality with crap

I mean my problem is that the AFL dont publish salary figures for players or contract breakdowns, and there is no set cap figure for the year so no one actually knows diddly squat

But hey what do i know

I mean my problem is that the AFL dont publish salary figures for players or contract breakdowns, and there is no set cap figure for the year so no one actually knows diddly squat

But hey what do i know

We know what the cap is we know what the minimum payment is journalist do get leaks it's probably fair to say Cornes has as much insight as any into ports players and saying 9 is fair to accept

So port is and will remain in its cap but it's bottom 30 players will be less than 200 on average I think that is where the cap squeeze will come from or your bottom 10 players will be F graders

We know what the cap is we know what the minimum payment is journalist do get leaks it's probably fair to say Cornes has as much insight as any into ports players and saying 9 is fair to accept

So port is and will remain in its cap but it's bottom 30 players will be less than 200 on average I think that is where the cap squeeze will come from or your bottom 10 players will be F graders

Except its up for renewal under the current CBA, so we dont know

And as for Kanes knowledge, my opinion of that decreases every time he opens his mouth in the media

Look its a valid point, that having 8 players over 500K will create a squeeze on the rest of the list, but there are so many unknowns within that.

Under the AFL structure front and back loading of contracts is extremely common, so we don't know exactly who is owed what on the remainder of their contract.

If we were serious about a salary cap squeeze then we'd be pushing blokes out the door for nothing, whereas the two or three that have been bandied about were some of our biggest underperformers over the last 2 seasons.

I mean its interesting that a team that paid Spud Frawley how much would be talking about a cap squeeze

Giving that we dont actually know what the cap is next year, and that more than just Port are supposedly pretty close to the projected figures most of this is just hyperbole
Not sure what Frawley has to do with Port's salary cap issues, but nice deflection.

Except its up for renewal under the current CBA, so we dont know

And as for Kanes knowledge, my opinion of that decreases every time he opens his mouth in the media

Look its a valid point, that having 8 players over 500K will create a squeeze on the rest of the list, but there are so many unknowns within that.

Under the AFL structure front and back loading of contracts is extremely common, so we don't know exactly who is owed what on the remainder of their contract.

If we were serious about a salary cap squeeze then we'd be pushing blokes out the door for nothing, whereas the two or three that have been bandied about were some of our biggest underperformers over the last 2 seasons.

It's true we don't know how contracts are set up but 9 players equating to half the salary cap may explain things, to win recruits and high profile ones costs everyone knows that. Pretty sure Ryder Dixon and Polec were swayed by the $ . Which is fine if you shop yourself it's not because you want less $

But there are consequences to buying these mercenaries betts is the only one we wooed with $ and he was worth every cent can't say the same about the 3 I just named

Not sure what Frawley has to do with Port's salary cap issues, but nice deflection.

Well we could make the same argument that looking at bringing in O'Meara, Vickery and even Tom Mitchell is a possibility, and prior to that Frawley along with Gibson, Mitchell, Hodge, Gunston, Rough, Lewis and Cyril that you blokes would be in the same boat. And murmurs of needing to offload Sicily and Breust or Smith to make that work.

Obviously the difference being that you have 3 cups to show for it but the Purple Flog isnt jumping up and down saying 'celery cap'

So his manager was on MMM this morning and said it was going to be financially difficult to change clubs.

So Port have put up a player for trade on a contract that made it very difficult to facilitate a trade.

It also means Port are paying him more than other clubs were prepared to.

What a mess.

If the reports of Hartlett being on $650 a season are correct, just imagine what the rest of their list is on?

Their cap must be a mess.

And yes, you're not the only one who's heard from someone close to that club that the squeeze is on, and they have to find some space desperately.

If not Hartlett, who is going to leave?

You'd think that there will be some Vic clubs throwing some big deals at Wines next year knowing that the squeeze is on, regardless that he's contracted until 2018.

You'd think that there will be some Vic clubs throwing some big deals at Wines next year knowing that the squeeze is on, regardless that he's contracted until 2018.

Goes to show list management is so important and you can't throw long term big $ at every player on your team that shows something, but most of us new that anyway

It's funny how 24 hours ago this thread was all about the crows made up alleged rift between Hartlett and Boak and for some reason it's magically changed to being about the salary cap - keep plugging away guys:thumbsu:

I've blocked the 2 or 3 offenders keeping this s**t going ages ago. Actually makes for some funny reading seeing Port fans argue with themselves :)

Nfi why this s**t is still going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except he wants to stay and all. We aren't Adelaide after all.

Well we could make the same argument that looking at bringing in O'Meara, Vickery and even Tom Mitchell is a possibility, and prior to that Frawley along with Gibson, Mitchell, Hodge, Gunston, Rough, Lewis and Cyril that you blokes would be in the same boat. And murmurs of needing to offload Sicily and Breust or Smith to make that work.

Obviously the difference being that you have 3 cups to show for it but the Purple Flog isnt jumping up and down saying 'celery cap'
Again, not sure why you want to make this about Hawthorn, who aren't trying to offload players.

Fact is Port have a salary cap issue. Put your head in the sand, talk about Hawthorn, do whatever you like, but there's a reason Hartlett was given the green light to look at other clubs 12 months after signing a large contract.

Again, not sure why you want to make this about Hawthorn, who aren't trying to offload players.

Fact is Port have a salary cap issue. Put your head in the sand, talk about Hawthorn, do whatever you like, but there's a reason Hartlett was given the green light to look at other clubs 12 months after signing a large contract.

Fact is that Hartlett did not perform this year as to the standard the club expects of him.
It is not a fact that Port have a salary cap issue.
Fact.

Except he wants to stay and all. We aren't Adelaide after all.

I can totally see that he will want to, but at the same time if Port do need to move someone it will force their hand next year if another club offers Wines a 4-5yr deal at amazing money, then you'll need to explore options

Fact is that Hartlett did not perform this year as to the standard the club expects of him.
Fact.

So did Boak, Wingard, Dixon, Westoff, Wines, Broadbent, polec perfom to the standard the club expected, or did they just decide to make Hartlett and Lobbe the scapegoats and leave the rest alone

I can totally see that he will want to, but at the same time if Port do need to move someone it will force their hand next year if another club offers Wines a 4-5yr deal at amazing money, then you'll need to explore options
We aren't stupid.

He's staying, get over it. We don't squeeze out likely future captains.

Fact.
Someone close to Port states otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back