Sewer de Lance

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
Should not have been considered for selection until he built some much needed fitness & form in the 2s.

Still not as bad as Ladhams who is looking more & more like the reincarnation of Daniel Stewart.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
He's not a defender anymore. Too slow in the body and head.

If he still has a leg on him maybe there's some chance at finding a role on the forward flank but it's unlikely.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have loved Hamish Hartlett over the years but he looks disinterested and cooked. Injuries throughout his career have played their part, but was drafted as a gun on baller who ended up having the coaches fashion a role for him in defence in order to mask his fitness shortcomings.
He is a far cry from the guy who won the Showdown Medal as a midfielder in Round 2 of 2014.
Still remember his game against Carlton in 2012 where he had nearly 30 touches and 3 incredible goals, and just salivating as to what a weapon he could become. Alas.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Still remember his game against Carlton in 2012 where he had nearly 30 touches and 3 incredible goals, and just salivating as to what a weapon he could become. Alas.
We saw what his potential was, and have seen what he did with it.

Massive waste, could have been a superstar goal kicking midfielder and plods around as a good, but not spectacular half back.
Just spat out my coffee...

He's still vice captain?
Yep.

Tim Evans Beard

Cancelled
East Side Hawks - Sweet F.A. Chess Club Member
Apr 9, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was at the game and saw it a little differently. To me, he looked to be coming off his man a fair bit to help and cover. Was often the one who would press up to the forward running eagles player to pressure the ball carrier. It did allow them to create overlap, but it also stopped them waltzing in.

His execution with ball in hand at times was poor - but he did have the ball and not many in the first quarter from Port can say that.

If his time is up, then so be it. However I think the fact that he takes on the more senior of forwards out of the medium defenders, sacrifices his direct opponent accountabilaity to help at the initial contest, and shields some of the young players from the soul crushing direct beatings he was once subject to carries a lot weight for me.

I am a fan of his brothers social media defence of Hamish, and I am also a fan of professional wrestling. In professional wrestling there is a term referenced as ‘getting the rub’. It is when the new, emerging star gets one over the fading supernova. A passing of the torch if you like. However the young buck needs to be a better talent than the old bull. I don’t think this has happened. I don’t think the young guys have earned their shot and I don’t think we should gift games. If the young guys aren’t performing well enough to dislodge HH and his half a hamstring, it indicates more about them at this stage them him. Nothing from the parade indicated any of those guys did enough to earn a game this week.

Hammer Has Fallen

A sober feeling Hammer admitted the hammer of retirement had come down unbidden. Slipping in the mud, he remembered, I looked like such a dope. He was right.

Ken Hinkley sipped from his coke zero, never once averting his gaze. He was good at that. Staring. You could almost hear how tough the competition was in those eyes, Hamish reckoned.

"It's a tough competition," Hamish had heard it all before "and you are not tough enough to cut it." Suppressing tears, he requested elaboration.

--

Ken was the master. The master at understanding what scared, crying messes were trying to tell him through their slobbers. He had plenty of experience with greyhounds afterall.

--

"B-b-but w-w-why? WHY!?" Hammer 🔨 had tried to say. Instead, what he laboured out through heaves of sadness sounded closer to a toddler learning to pronounce butterly 🦋 than anything a regular adult might say.

"Because..." Hinkley began "the younger players are more reliable. Tell you what. We'll make you our SANFL captain next year."

"* you!" Hammer protested. "I'm AFL standard. I'll go elsewhere!"

"Where?" Ken laughed.

"Anywhere that will take me!"

"West Adelaide might!" He cackled and roared. "Look, son." He said more softly. "Your grace and attitude during this conversation has been downright awful. I think we were right in terminating your employment with us."

We? had Hammer heard that correctly? A lumbering, withered old man crept slowly out from the corner, away from the shadows. His pale skin was like plaster as it flaked from his body. He was naked and erect, muttering something about a cash cow.

"Master" Hinkley bowed his head in respect.

"OoooooOoooo" he moaned and it echoed throughout all of Alberton and Cheltenham. "Extend" Koch giggled slowly, pointing his index finger seductively at Hinkley, "his..." he could barely suppress the excitement in his quivering body "CONTRACT!!" His eyes rolled back in his head as he entered the pleasures of ecstasy.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was at the game and saw it a little differently. To me, he looked to be coming off his man a fair bit to help and cover. Was often the one who would press up to the forward running eagles player to pressure the ball carrier. It did allow them to create overlap, but it also stopped them waltzing in.

His execution with ball in hand at times was poor - but he did have the ball and not many in the first quarter from Port can say that.

If his time is up, then so be it. However I think the fact that he takes on the more senior of forwards out of the medium defenders, sacrifices his direct opponent accountabilaity to help at the initial contest, and shields some of the young players from the soul crushing direct beatings he was once subject to carries a lot weight for me.

I am a fan of his brothers social media defence of Hamish, and I am also a fan of professional wrestling. In professional wrestling there is a term referenced as ‘getting the rub’. It is when the new, emerging star gets one over the fading supernova. A passing of the torch if you like. However the young buck needs to be a better talent than the old bull. I don’t think this has happened. I don’t think the young guys have earned their shot and I don’t think we should gift games. If the young guys aren’t performing well enough to dislodge HH and his half a hamstring, it indicates more about them at this stage them him. Nothing from the parade indicated any of those guys did enough to earn a game this week.
Nice to see the bigger picture sometimes, good observations.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
My other smaller issue with Hamish, is that he seems one of the more boisterous personalities around the club, which is fine, obviously, but as a senior player in a leadership position, I think there's a responsibility to make sure he's earning his spot, because if his form doesn't improve, it will rub the wrong way, feel like when the Cornes's were getting gifted games at the end.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My other smaller issue with Hamish, is that he seems one of the more boisterous personalities around the club, which is fine, obviously, but as a senior player in a leadership position, I think there's a responsibility to make sure he's earning his spot, because if his form doesn't improve, it will rub the wrong way, feel like when the Cornes's were getting gifted games at the end.
This, his vc after all.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Are you talking about his propensity to hit a snare drum whilst having tattoos or is there some other boisterous things that Hamish does?

Back