Recommitted Hamish Hartlett [staying at Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Carlisle, you honestly don't think they've come to some mutual decision?
port_adelaide_1870 can read this and everyone can work out what is what. ( for what its worth I also believe retirements while contracted are ''mutually agreed amounts''. Otherwise Carlile can sit on his arse , like Hartlett can, and still be paid for attending training at the club)

This is about Dane Swan but there is an AFLPA clause.

Swan to is set to be compensated in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for the foot injury that has forced his exit.

It’s understood Swan will be eligible for a payout of about $400,000.

The compensation clause, part of the AFL-AFL Players’ Association collective bargaining agreement, allows players who suffer new career-ending injuries access to 50 per cent of their base salary in the last year of their contract.

Players have to prove their retirement came from an injury that was not from a pre-existing condition, which Swan should have little trouble in doing.

Now it can be argued Carlile was pre-existing but from when and did it end his career?

port_adelaide_1870 can read this and everyone can work out what is what. ( for what its worth I also believe retirements while contracted are ''mutually agreed amounts''. Otherwise Carlile can sit on his arse , like Hartlett can, and still be paid for attending training at the club)

This is about Dane Swan but there is an AFLPA clause.

Swan to is set to be compensated in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for the foot injury that has forced his exit.

It’s understood Swan will be eligible for a payout of about $400,000.

The compensation clause, part of the AFL-AFL Players’ Association collective bargaining agreement, allows players who suffer new career-ending injuries access to 50 per cent of their base salary in the last year of their contract.

Players have to prove their retirement came from an injury that was not from a pre-existing condition, which Swan should have little trouble in doing.

Now it can be argued Carlile was pre-existing but from when and did it end his career?
Lets ignore this last line for 1 sec and assume that your assumption is right, let's say he got 50% of carliles 450k is paid to him, that means we still have around $875k free in the cap... and with lobbe reportedly wanting to move clubs that will free up another $400k

The 875k doesn't even have colquhouns and Mitchell's salary included. (Probably together equaled 200k).. we would still have 1 mill

Last edited:
Lets ignore this last line for 1 sec and assume that your assumption is right, let's say he got 50% of carliles 450k is paid to him, that means we still have around $875k free in the cap... and with lobbe reportedly wanting to move clubs that will free up another $400k

The 875k doesn't even have colquhouns and Mitchell's salary included. (Probably together equaled 200k).. we would still have 1 mill

Salary cap is a concern for all clubs but HH issue is you are paying a guy $600k per year that s worth $300k simple mathematics really

port_adelaide_1870 Just a query, do you know how Port have structured their contracts? IE, front loaded or back loaded some contracts and have already factored in veteran allowances and Schultz leaving?

Ding Ding
We have a winner..... Lol

I hope a certain poster reads ur post
His understanding of how the salary cap and player contracts work might improve

This thread should be locked & cleaned up, 77 pages back to 4 or 5

Don't you want to chat about why HH has a value, most would think the value of a player should be based on his performance and for two years if you look at HH's output what would you consider a fair value for his trade value, but realistically you need to take into consideration his 600k 4 year contract that is going to need to be honored asswell. With those two factors alone what would you consider a fair and reasonable trade?

What a surprise, the usual Crows trolls filling a thread about a Port player. Don't bother quoting me guys you are all blocked anyway.

What I dont understand is why Crows fans are getting banned for simply suggesting the likely reason he is being shopped and his likely value (salary cap issues and second rounder plus player).. this isnt the port board where you can just circlejerk and pat yourself on the back for agreeing with what your board wants to be true.
Crows fans have every right to be here when theres every chance he heads across the road as he doesnt want to move state. And that would further decrease what the crows would have to offer.

A little bit of transparancy and fairness by this boards mods wouldnt go astray, not just ban every time a port fan pushes the report button because they hear something they dont like.

What I dont understand is why Crows fans are getting banned for simply suggesting the likely reason he is being shopped and his likely value (salary cap issues and second rounder plus player).. this isnt the port board where you can just circlejerk and pat yourself on the back for agreeing with what your board wants to be true.
Crows fans have every right to be here when theres every chance he heads across the road as he doesnt want to move state. And that would further decrease what the crows would have to offer.

A little bit of transparancy and fairness by this boards mods wouldnt go astray, not just ban every time a port fan pushes the report button because they hear something they dont like.
Certain crows supporters have been trolling the thread for a week now, sure they have the right to state an opinion but saying the same thing over and over just for shits and giggles is quite tedious and can (an is) just as easily be done over on the adelaide board where the same rules do not apply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certain crows supporters have been trolling the thread for a week now, sure they have the right to state an opinion but saying the same thing over and over just for shits and giggles is quite tedious and can (an is) just as easily be done over on the adelaide board where the same rules do not apply.
Except this isnt the port board. And your definition of trolling is incorrect. Too easily the troll card gets raised when you hear something you dont like.

I think Hamish is worth somewhere in the mid teens. It will be up to both Port and Hamish to agree for him to move otherwise I will be more than happy for him to stay with us.

I'm very happy that the trolls are being banned so maybe there can be adult conversations here once and for all.

I think Hamish is worth somewhere in the mid teens. It will be up to both Port and Hamish to agree for him to move otherwise I will be more than happy for him to stay with us.

I'm very happy that the trolls are being banned so maybe there can be adult conversations here once and for all.

You could be right but do you think port will need to contribute towards his salary as not many would want to pay that figure on what we have seen on his output

You could be right but do you think port will need to contribute towards his salary as not many would want to pay that figure on what we have seen on his output
That would probably depend on which club was looking at him based on their current cap and also what a club is willing to give back pick wise, there is no easy answer to that.

That would probably depend on which club was looking at him based on their current cap and also what a club is willing to give back pick wise, there is no easy answer to that.

I believe you wouldn't pay someone if you don't believe his salary matches his output unfortunatly for port they made a bad list management decision which his output doesn't warrant his wage, I suppose if a club has poor list management they will take that on but which clubs have poor list management

Links to articles have been posted (pages 59-62) showing that afl have agreed to give us money.

Carlile (450k confirmed), retired. If I retire from my job that I have a contract on do I get my next years wage as well? No. If my company sacks me I do.

Again we have 1.104 million free right now in the cap, I have ready gone through evidence proving this

Just arrived at this thread and read this. If you're suggesting that you've proved anything without posting players contracts then you've NFI. What is this evidence, your guess of current contract values.

How about crows first '17 for HH and Ports 2nd next year

I believe you wouldn't pay someone if you don't believe his salary matches his output unfortunatly for port they made a bad list management decision which his output doesn't warrant his wage, I suppose if a club has poor list management they will take that on but which clubs have poor list management

The reality is that every single club makes list management mistakes, I don't know exactly what Hamish's contract $ is but his output was not up to scratch this season, he may have a blinder next year as we all know he has the skill set jut the mental application appears lacking at times.

Stop trolling mate, I have gave you a link from a credible source (not rucci) confirming that the afl has agreed. That's not lying.

No when someone retires they don't get salary from that company the following year. That's a fact, the one making assumptions here is you, you're assuming that it was under terms, and assuming that a deal was made. I work with facts mate, an injury prone, old, good servant of the footy club retired.

Most people aren't on fixed contracts, they're generally permanent or casual employees. When fixed contracts are terminated mid-stream, there's normally a negotiation surrounding a payout. Not just in football either. Carlisle would be getting a fair portion of his full value, especially if he was happy to play on and finish his career in the 2's. But it's likely Port would prefer to move on and open up a list spot. Would be an enormous sacrifice from Carlisle if he just lets the club push him out while contracted. Doubt many players would accept that.

The reality is that every single club makes list management mistakes, I don't know exactly what Hamish's contract $ is but his output was not up to scratch this season, he may have a blinder next year as we all know he has the skill set jut the mental application appears lacking at times.

I suppose we can speculate on his salary but it was reported he was offered 700k now I don't expect that is his wage but he would be a financial dimwit if he couldn't get over 600k out of port if negotiated right

As for hoping he comes good the same could be said about butcher he could have come good as could Hartlett as could any player I would prefer to look at his last few years when assessing players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back