Toast Hamish Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldy was always one of my favourites when I was a Collingwood fan. Coincidentally, Harts was my favourite Port players in the couple years preceding my switch to Port Adelaide (I was 12 at the time)
Hamish’s ability to be an integral part in our backline has been a highlight this season. Even at age 30 he remains one of the more consistent players in our 22, when there’s been a few players dropping in and out of that best 22, Hammer is always there. Very proud of him.

Goldy was always one of my favourites when I was a Collingwood fan. Coincidentally, Harts was my favourite Port players in the couple years preceding my switch to Port Adelaide (I was 12 at the time)
Hamish’s ability to be an integral part in our backline has been a highlight this season. Even at age 30 he remains one of the more consistent players in our 22, when there’s been a few players dropping in and out of that best 22, Hammer is always there. Very proud of him.
Wait, what you jumped from Collingwood to Port?

Hammer becomes even more important now Burton has gone down . Has had a very good yr to this point.

Preparing for life after playing career ends.

Was starting to think he was planning to hire himself out as a Tattoo Parlour canvas!
It's a no brainer for him their ground's only a short distance from where he lives. He grew up playing for "Towns" (Edwardstown FC)

and moved in around the corner from me about 3yrs ago. Broges is a local too who had a disagreement with a bloke at the old Goodwood orphanage

while walking his dog. The other party to the skirmish was a surgeon who recognised Dean and said "lost are we"?... Broges snotted him.

Ended up in court where the surgeon admitted provocation and apologised so the Magistrate told them both to grow up.

Come to think of it Broges got involved in an incident at the airport too. Common denominator... crows' flogs and Broges conflict resolution strategies.

Last edited:
It's a no brainer for him their ground's only a short distance from where he lives. He grew up playing for "Towns" (Edwardstown FC)

and moved in around the corner from me about 3yrs ago. Broges is a local too who had a disagreement with a bloke at the old Goodwood orphanage

while walking his dog. The other party to the skirmish was a surgeon who recognised Dean and said "lost are we"?... Broges snotted him.

Ended up in court where the surgeon admitted provocation and apologised so the Magistrate told them both to grow up.

Come to think of it Broges got involved in an incident at the airport too. Common denominator... crows' flogs and Broges conflict resolution strategies.
Amazing. I just shake my head ... While we dont condone Broges going around snotting the locals, you would expect better from a professional person in the surgeon.

Hehe 'conflict resolution strategies'. Glad Broges is not the Australian foreign minister.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing. I just shake my head ... While we dont condone Broges going around snotting the locals, you would expect better from a professional person in the surgeon.
The T'iser report on the incident made no mention of the surgeon hitting Broges only that he recognised him and complete with sfellow sarcastically asked him if he was lost.

A Port player in leafy inner suburb and all the connotations that went with it.... beyond his 'station' etc. Iirc there was a push and shove before Broges brought matters

to an abrupt halt. It was the surgeon who reported the incident but come court time admitted it was 'unseemly' conduct on his behalf and confessed to creating the incident.

Honest to God what the * do people expect when you talk s**t to a person you don't know in public?

in the military, this was called "contact counseling"

Remember two or three years back those pictures of a couple of 'bohemian' looking young fellas in the outer at Alberton who'd ventured over for a scratch match against the Crows? I wonder if they were asked if they were lost, or if they punched anyone, or got punched - surely would have made the Channel Sevenvertiser nightly news if they had...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back