Certified Legendary Thread Hamish Mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwebz

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
yep, i think i got her name correct on another post on this matter, when i mentioned the sexual nature of the cricket. might be that there are few cricketers, like condensing summer sport into a few carey,hird,brereton pantsmen on turf and greentops

My mum was a junior doctor at Sydney Hospital in the early 80s. Back then, there weren't permanent medical staff attached to the team/grounds - when a match was on. they'd just send a doctor down from the local hospital to watch over proceedings. Considering it's cricket, then failing a Phul Hughes type incident, it was basically a day to sit amongst the players watching a day's play. Pretty plumb gig.

Anyway, the doctor that usually went over wasn't in for some reason, so my mum got sent down. Being a lady doctor, she couldn't sit with the playing staff in the members, and was sent to sit with the WAGs in the ladies stand. That's neither here nor there. The point of the story was that the players were very unhappy a woman was sent over, because half the blokes on the team had VD.

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
My mum was a junior doctor at Sydney Hospital in the early 80s. Back then, there weren't permanent medical staff attached to the team/grounds - when a match was on. they'd just send a doctor down from the local hospital to watch over proceedings. Considering it's cricket, then failing a Phul Hughes type incident, it was basically a day to sit amongst the players watching a day's play. Pretty plumb gig.

Anyway, the doctor that usually went over wasn't in for some reason, so my mum got sent down. Being a lady doctor, she couldn't sit with the playing staff in the members, and was sent to sit with the WAGs in the ladies stand. That's neither here nor there. The point of the story was that the players were very unhappy a woman was sent over, because half the blokes on the team had VD.
i have heard the locum anecdote, cant remember the source, it may well have been years back on here from u J_Moore

u heard who did the Buddy Franklin half century on a Caribbean Tour? Not the regular pantsman. We are talking circa late 90s. but not the regular pantsman, but pantsman nonetheless. The last bloke you would have thought.

And this makes no value judgements here nor there. And it was a reason why Matty Elliott became persona non grata on the team, and was never gonna get selected again, apart from Darwin replacement. Matty Elliott broke the golden rule and told his wife what went on Tour, forgetting the corollary what goes on on tour stays on Tour, apart from the VDs that is.

Who had his nose put out of joint when Mrs Elliott told the other wives? Was it Tugga? ?

it was not the better looking teammembers who were pantsmen like Damien Martyn, nor the taller guy who prolly had more regular person status B Julian healthy wealthy and wise and getaway. Nor Warnie. Tugga, but not a HJ nor wristie

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Ahh. good old Hame.

The biggest wannabe elitist flog you'll ever see IMO.

For a bloke whos done nothing & I mean nothing, doesn't he pump out the chest as host of gameday on the back of hes brothers reputation. gotta laugh really :$
Kouda doesnt realise that Cotch is whoring him out anthropomorphism for Hameday beneficence.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Last edited:

You don't get stories like this on your Twitterinstagoogleface, do you kids?

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
You don't get stories like this on your Twitterinstagoogleface, do you kids?

VD. A well used term through out the 70's and 80's that for some reason has disappeared from regular modern vocabulary.

Strange.

Monopoly_Man

Team Captain
Jun 1, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
VD. A well used term through out the 70's and 80's that for some reason has disappeared from regular modern vocabulary.

Strange.
Care to shed some light for us younger folk?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Shane Hird

Cancelled
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
Care to shed some light for us younger folk?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
image.png

Sydneyfan

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2000
Brisbanópolis
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S’roos, Brisbane Lions, N Syd Bears
i have heard the locum anecdote, cant remember the source, it may well have been years back on here from u J_Moore

u heard who did the Buddy Franklin half century on a Caribbean Tour? Not the regular pantsman. We are talking circa late 90s. but not the regular pantsman, but pantsman nonetheless. The last bloke you would have thought.

And this makes no value judgements here nor there. And it was a reason why Matty Elliott became persona non grata on the team, and was never gonna get selected again, apart from Darwin replacement. Matty Elliott broke the golden rule and told his wife what went on Tour, forgetting the corollary what goes on on tour stays on Tour, apart from the VDs that is.

Who had his nose put out of joint when Mrs Elliott told the other wives? Was it Tugga? ?

it was not the better looking teammembers who were pantsmen like Damien Martyn, nor the taller guy who prolly had more regular person status B Julian healthy wealthy and wise and getaway. Nor Warnie. Tugga, but not a HJ nor wristie

In all fairness, they really should have retired that nickname after that Carribean tour. 50 is a cracking effort, could have been more if not caught by Elliott.

Shane Hird

Cancelled
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
How is this guy still polluting our TV screens.

Cause he's like a cockroach.

Not even nuclear fallout could keep him from being in front of a 7 camera.

Shane Hird

Cancelled
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
He'd be on the news asking atomic bomb survivors what their favourite ice cream flavour is

No doubt the floggish nimrod would be on to that.

Back