Hamish Rompingwins

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't find a thread on him as a footy commentator.
He must be the most boring commentator on TV. His voice is so monotone. He is completely flat and is unable to inject any excitement.
He also has an annoying tendency to say childish things ie "Tiggies" when referring to Richmond, "Bullies" when referring to the Western Bulldogs.

Holy s**t, I take back what I said before this is Hame turning one of the most exciting comebacks in modern football into a snoozefest.

My god that was horrendous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At one point today I actually yelled at the TV 'SHUT THE **** UP ROMPINGWINS'
Just talks for the sake of talking when he is commentating
I felt the same.

I know he has connections but how does he keep this job when he is clearly so bad at doing it?

At one point today I actually yelled at the TV 'SHUT THE **** UP ROMPINGWINS'
Just talks for the sake of talking when he is commentating

He's not exactly from the Richie Benaud school of commentary.

"Hame" is the worst commentator I've seen in any sport, bar none.

Zero personality, makes bland, excruciating clichés and metaphors "He grabbed the moment by the scruff of the neck and gave it a thorough shake!", awful, inane banter with "Baz", and just in general a smarmy, insufferable, self-important weasel.

"Baz" is better than "Hame" by a country mile, but is still woeful.

I've seen and heard from a lot of footy fans from different clubs on a number of issues down the years - I think the only thing that's been unanimous is that these two are terrible commentators.

The bad news is, when Commetti retires in a few years, these two clowns will probably be given even more game time by Channel 7. God helps us all.

whenever baz does the half time and post game summary on saturday night and does those sudden leans forward, its like hes about to leap through the screen and eat someone. would be awful to watch with 3D glasses
Is there such a place as "footy central". What's he doing at NORAD?

The bad news is, when Commetti retires in a few years, these two clowns will probably be given even more game time by Channel 7.
One only hopes that in the short term future an employer at channel 7 realises how bad they are and their days spoiling sporting broadcasts will be over.

Leigh Matthews slapped him downvery hard this morning.

Romp makes some sort of comment that luckily it wasn't a fist as that could do damaged.

Matthews let him know with great certainty that an elbow to the head is far more dangerous and can inflict more severe injury.

Rompy not a happy camper.

Last edited:
Absolute arseclown. Was talking up how the older Geelong players would get them over the line against GCS the week including Mackie, who was sitting in the stands. Also sick of him calling Enright by his nickname.

I bet Enright is too.

Oh god. This guy and his little sheet of facts.

"his brother is dating the sister of the vice captain"
"he was raised on a sheep station and didn't see a fotty until the age of 14"
"his favourite colour is violet and he loves to play the banjo"

I swear they have a sheet of little facts about players that commentators are meant to hit up when there's a lull in play, but he'll reel them off one after the other in the middle of the goal of the year.

Reminds me of GOB getting a job at Sitwell Enterprises

It was better last year when him and Basil were commentating together so I could just mute or avoid their game. This year it seems they are doing different games each week like a mutating virus spreading their tentacles
Good point. It used to be Saturday afternoon match with Basil and Hamish....mute. Simple. But now they are everywhere and I'd love the station to comment on why they want to torture the viewers.

I saw Matthews, Harley, and Hamish walking together behind the members stand after a game at AO last season. May have loudly mentioned how we ROMPED that WIN in. He didn't look too impressed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back