Hampden Football League Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Muppet2015

Rookie
Nov 22, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North lose McLachlan to Geelong and will make a gfl his home club. Corbett will be at Werribee but North will be his home, so may play games for them.

Hamilton in real strife, set to lose Douglas and Macintosh with huf already gone and Watson going to koroit

Jason rowan training with South Warrnambool. Also hearing more rumbles at Warrnambool with lots of clubs circling

Jason rowan training with South Warrnambool. Also hearing more rumbles at Warrnambool with lots of clubs circling
Jason is still contracted to the Warrnambool FC for 2016, therefore he will be staying put. I know at one club enquired about him, and that is the answer. The next question about him, is his comeback from a major knee injury. After a few rounds I'm sure he will be firing on all cylinders. With the rumbles at W'bool, I would of thought with the changes of coaches it should settle down. The new coach is very highly regarded. My top 5 for this year are Koroit (just), W'bool, Port Fairy, Nth W'bool + Camperdown. Souths should improve but I give them only a small chance for the finals. The top 3 will be very even. Hamilton will collect the wooden spoon, but will win some games at home. Cobden could still challenge Hamilton for the wooden spoon. But the only problem is, there is no first draft pick as an incentive..lol

Jason is still contracted to the Warrnambool FC for 2016, therefore he will be staying put. I know at one club enquired about him, and that is the answer. The next question about him, is his comeback from a major knee injury. After a few rounds I'm sure he will be firing on all cylinders. With the rumbles at W'bool, I would of thought with the changes of coaches it should settle down. The new coach is very highly regarded. My top 5 for this year are Koroit (just), W'bool, Port Fairy, Nth W'bool + Camperdown. Souths should improve but I give them only a small chance for the finals. The top 3 will be very even. Hamilton will collect the wooden spoon, but will win some games at home. Cobden could still challenge Hamilton for the wooden spoon. But the only problem is, there is no first draft pick as an incentive..lol

So did Rowan actually train at South - if he is contracted at WFC it seems a bit weird if he did. Of all clubs Warrnambool have been the quietest recruiting wise - most other clubs have been spruiking of picking up recruits from outside their club.

So did Rowan actually train at South - if he is contracted at WFC it seems a bit weird if he did. Of all clubs Warrnambool have been the quietest recruiting wise - most other clubs have been spruiking of picking up recruits from outside their club.
Souths have not trained for a month due to the Christmas break. I usually go and watch Souths train each week, and prior to the break I never seen him their training, nor i heard he was training there. If he did, I would of been told about it.

Last edited:
Souths have not trained for a month due to the Christmas break. I usually go and watch Souths train each week, and prior to the break I never seen him their training, nor i heard he was training there. If he did, I would of been told about it. Jase will be kicking goals in the navy blue this year.
Thanks beachboy it seems your post is based on fact and the other one the opposite. I'm not sure where that other info came from but it's a pity because most posts here are normally on the money.

I thinkif you look back at it all my info has been bang on so far
Even though I doubt Jason's been training with Souths, all your other posts have been great and true. Has anyone got any fresh news? It's been quiet, probably due to the Christmas break. After taking a year off, Sam Thomas has left Souths gone to the district league, and so has his former teammate Caleb Templeton. It's still not easy hanging onto your young future stars. I just think it's a waste of talent when this happens.

Jeremy Stacey and Dom Moloney to north- disappointing to lose young talent! But hopefully one day they return. I am living in Melb for a bit now so don't hear as much but I'm pretty sure Jason Rowan didn't train at south- just had a meeting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeremy Stacey and Dom Moloney to north- disappointing to lose young talent! But hopefully one day they return. I am living in Melb for a bit now so don't hear as much but I'm pretty sure Jason Rowan didn't train at south- just had a meeting.
Why are they leaving when things at Souths are about to turn around? Even 3 South netballers are off to opposition clubs. There seems to be not much loyalty these days, and it's very sad players transferring to opposition clubs. Alot of that goes on around this Warrnambool area. Absolutely no heart! It's about time, that a few players stop thinking "what's in it for me", instead they should start thinking "How can I help the club to be a success". I do acknowledge some do leave with legitimate reasons.

Why are they leaving when things at Souths are about to turn around? Even 3 South netballers are off to opposition clubs. There seems to be not much loyalty these days, and it's very sad players transferring to opposition clubs. Alot of that goes on around this Warrnambool area. Absolutely no heart! It's about time, that a few players stop thinking "what's in it for me", instead they should start thinking "How can I help the club to be a success". I do acknowledge some do leave with legitimate reasons.
Not sure of their reasons, but yes there is a lot more movement to opposition clubs these days. I'd say it's just how the younger generation is now, a lot just want to play with their mates to. Cause not many would be leaving to another hampden club for coin. If that was the case they'd all be in the district league getting 300+.
It's easier to sit over the fence though and play the loyalty card. It's tough these days to get apprenticeships or go through Uni so I never blame someone moving to help themselves off the field. Plus it's only country football and it's only a game.

McIntyre + Darmondy to koroit and Rowan + Weymouth to wbool. I reckon wbool are starting to edge in front of koroit. Both sides have lost players but I think what koroit lost hurts more.

Weymouth has been out of the game but if he gets back to his Vic country standards he will be huge for wbool. And will all know what Rowan can do.

McIntyre + Darmondy to koroit and Rowan + Weymouth to wbool. I reckon wbool are starting to edge in front of koroit. Both sides have lost players but I think what koroit lost hurts more.

Weymouth has been out of the game but if he gets back to his Vic country standards he will be huge for wbool. And will all know what Rowan can do.
North W'bool have recruited very well even though a couple key players have left, and looks like Port Fairy have retained nearly all their good players far as I know. In my opinion we will have a four horse race this year for the title. Will be very interesting come September. Koroit and W'bool have the advantage of knowing how to win finals.

North W'bool have recruited very well even though a couple key players have left, and looks like Port Fairy have retained nearly all their good players far as I know. In my opinion we will have a four horse race this year for the title. Will be very interesting come September. Koroit and W'bool have the advantage of knowing how to win finals.
I think port will give it a good shake this year but I still worry about their bottom 6, I think they will finish 3rd. North have recruited well but I don't think Jeremy Parkison will play much and Gavin along with best and fairest winner McLachlan leaves a big hole in the midfield. While Corbett is one of the best up and coming forwards has signed with Werribee and I don't think they will see him much.
Camperdown, terang and south should battle it out for the 5th spot.
Hamilton, Portland and Cobden will struggle.

port and Camperdown jumping wbool? What's your thoughts behind that? And north just scraping in?

Koroit good depth, Camperdown have recruited well, Port haven't lost much from last season and will be better for the experience, Blues - end of an era and haven't recruited much, Terang have lost a few , Norf lost a couple of great youngsters and besides 1 gun recruit the others have a query over them. Other sides have too much ground to make up.

1. Koroit
2. Warrnambool
3rd 4th and 5th between Port Fairy, North Warrnambool and Camperdown.
Terang to just miss the 5.
7. South Warrnambool
8. Portland
9. Cobden
10. Hamilton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back