Hampden Football League Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Former Terang Mortlake Bloods champion Damian OConnor has signed with Koroit Saints as an assistant coach. Great pick up if they can keep him injury free.
Pretty sure I told you his a few weeks ago and got scoffed at. You blokes can all carry on (not hampden mad) about the match payments but I don't post bs. 100 it is and that's what he will get.

Pretty sure I told you his a few weeks ago and got scoffed at. You blokes can all carry on (not hampden mad) about the match payments but I don't post bs. 100 it is and that's what he will get.

Adam Dowie got $100 as well....

Mate there is no way Tim McIntyre is on $100 a game?? Nor will Boxhead be on a $100 a game. Given they are "Assistant Coaches" they will be compensated accordingly and paid outside the normal payment structure......

So McIntyre left a 30k package from Warrnambool to play for a pie and a can of coke at Koroit???

Adam Dowie got $100 as well....

Mate there is no way Tim McIntyre is on $100 a game?? Nor will Boxhead be on a $100 a game. Given they are "Assistant Coaches" they will be compensated accordingly and paid outside the normal payment structure......

So McIntyre left a 30k package from Warrnambool to play for a pie and a can of coke at Koroit???
Let me guess roosters crow - reading details is not a strength. If you had read my posts all I have said is match payments are 100. Yes Mcintyre got offered a modest stipend for assistant coach. Which I said. It was Around 5-6k and as I said, I'm not sure he has even asked for it

If Box actually does any official coaching he will also be looked after. As for Adam he was the cheapest 6 time premiership coach of all time but was still paid ok money. what you fail to understand is the club makes up for a modest budget by going beyond in other ways. Employment, work training opportunities, access to afl facilities and medicos are all Ways we compensate.

Anyone who has been involved in footy clubs realises none of this is unique to koroit. But I can only tell u how we do it. If you choose to see it otherwise that's fine but it is what it is.

Caritas out

those at Terang Mortlake.
Of course not H.M, he knows an awful lot about Koroit (sorry he admires them) The rest of us will carry on. So $100 it is and that's all he gets. I suggest all Hampden League followers would be absolutely p#ssing themselves laughing at this stupid statement - particularly those from Terang Mortlake. You would get a lot more credibility if you just admitted something that was realistic.

those at Terang Mortlake.
Of course not H.M, he knows an awful lot about Koroit (sorry he admires them) The rest of us will carry on. So $100 it is and that's all he gets. I suggest all Hampden League followers would be absolutely p#ssing themselves laughing at this stupid statement - particularly those from Terang Mortlake. You would get a lot more credibility if you just admitted something that was realistic.

A lot of smart asses about these days.

Youl is on $100 a game - Sth are following the Koroit model.

Close to signing Matt Sully as well he will also be on $100 a game.

Just paying market rates....

Youl is on $100 a game - Sth are following the Koroit model.

Close to signing Matt Sully as well he will also be on $100 a game.

Just paying market rates....

You have more chance of getting the signature of Jimmy Bartel than Matt Sully. And I heard Youl is pushing the $400-500 mark to match the offer he had in Ballarat. Overs.

You have more chance of getting the signature of Jimmy Bartel than Matt Sully. And I heard Youl is pushing the $400-500 mark to match the offer he had in Ballarat. Overs.

Everyone will get paid what they get paid. It is just absolute B.S for someone to state that everyone is on $100 a win. H.M don't get sucked in by the Koroit B.S propaganda - you are a star of this site (we saw how it nearly disappeared off the face of the earth in your absence) Please get back to your usual impeccable rumours / information.

Don't believe everything you hear in regards to Youl. He is at Sth for less than what Warrnambool offered him that is for sure. Main thing for Youly was building work.

As for Sully time will tell..... Watch this space...... I won't say I told you so........

But then again clearly you know everything.......

Nick Johnstone will sign with either North Warrnambool or South Warrnambool.

Josh Brown is linked to joining South with good mate Alastair Porter.

Hamilton have their sights set on 2 VFL players who if they can manage to get over the line will be huge gets! Both ranked highly in VFL and good mates!

Sam McLachalan could be naming North Warrnambool as his feeder club for season 2017, allowing him to return to the Eagles during byes and if Geelong misses finals. Huge for the Eagles if it was to happen and he played finals for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam McLachalan could be naming North Warrnambool as his feeder club for season 2017, allowing him to return to the Eagles during byes and if Geelong misses finals. Huge for the Eagles if it was to happen and he played finals for them.
Might depend if McLachlan gets any AFL interest as well? Pretty sure he was invited to AFL state draft combine? Might be an outside chance to be picked up or rookie listed? Certainly well entrenched in the best side at Geelong VFL level so wouldn't be playing many games at Nth other than finals if Geelong VFL campaign was over. Would be pretty handy to slot in on GF Day!!

Might depend if McLachlan gets any AFL interest as well? Pretty sure he was invited to AFL state draft combine? Might be an outside chance to be picked up or rookie listed? Certainly well entrenched in the best side at Geelong VFL level so wouldn't be playing many games at Nth other than finals if Geelong VFL campaign was over. Would be pretty handy to slot in on GF Day!!

North source is very very confident that if he isn't rookie listed he will be allowed to play byes. I don't think personally that he will be just because of lack of pace. But if he can that would be fantastic and I hope he does. Great player to have walk in of GF day for sure! Will be a hard luck story for someone tho if it was to happen.

North source is very very confident that if he isn't rookie listed he will be allowed to play byes. I don't think personally that he will be just because of lack of pace. But if he can that would be fantastic and I hope he does. Great player to have walk in of GF day for sure! Will be a hard luck story for someone tho if it was to happen.
Would be a hard luck story for the player dropped, but it is common place now that TAC Cup & VFL listed players are automatic selections at their local clubs come finals time. Koroit certainly got a massive impact from their 3 TAC Cup boys getting back late in the finals campaign. Would argue that if the Rebels had not of went out in straight sets Nth Warrnambool may have been premiers as not sure Koroit win without Gow, Drew & Korewha coming back in..

Important to remember there is an over qualification rule with VFL players and local leagues. I think the hampden league allows 10-12 games vfl games before a player is over qualified.

Would be a hard luck story for the player dropped, but it is common place now that TAC Cup & VFL listed players are automatic selections at their local clubs come finals time. Koroit certainly got a massive impact from their 3 TAC Cup boys getting back late in the finals campaign. Would argue that if the Rebels had not of went out in straight sets Nth Warrnambool may have been premiers as not sure Koroit win without Gow, Drew & Korewha coming back in..

Could also argue if North Warrnambool played their North Ballarat Rebel Taylem Wason they could of won! Was a bit naive in the end to go in with Josh Parkinson 30+ years slow and as an old bus old in a midfield/fwd when u could of injected youth, pace and skill and a kid who can kick goals.

Could also argue if North Warrnambool played their North Ballarat Rebel Taylem Wason they could of won! Was a bit naive in the end to go in with Josh Parkinson 30+ years slow and as an old bus old in a midfield/fwd when u could of injected youth, pace and skill and a kid who can kick goals.
Your right with the personal reasons, but Koroit has the grannny experience which helps 2. North finished on top and won their first final. Come Grand Final day they were a bit rusty, because they have only played 2 games in a month. Same thing what happened to Old Collegians. It's happened a lot over the last decade in a lot of comps, where finishing on top then winning first final becomes a disadvantage. Same in netball 2. Only becomes an advantage if Grand Final day is a warm to hot day, than the other side would be out of legs. Dad said from his experience, when the grounds were wet and boggy in prem final, it take's it out of your legs. But the grounds today are fairly good.

N
Not sure Taylem Wason is at this stage in the same class as Drew, Gow & Korewha. Drew will be drafted as early as 2nd Round, Gow has won a B&F for Koroit at senior level in a premiership year & Korewha is in the AFL academy. Wason going to be a good player no doubt but not at three boys level yet. Make a good point in relation to Parkinson though - HFNL senior footy has gone past him. Taggert and Corbett clearly played injured as well. Also think the jury is out on Twaddle as a senior coach!!

N

Not sure Taylem Wason is at this stage in the same class as Drew, Gow & Korewha. Drew will be drafted as early as 2nd Round, Gow has won a B&F for Koroit at senior level in a premiership year & Korewha is in the AFL academy. Wason going to be a good player no doubt but not at three boys level yet. Make a good point in relation to Parkinson though - HFNL senior footy has gone past him. Taggert and Corbett clearly played injured as well. Also think the jury is out on Twaddle as a senior coach!!

I didn't refer to him being as good as them kids. He was simply a better option than playing others on day for North. Big ground needs pace and space to win. Especially on a GF against the team that was in it twice before.

I didn't refer to him being as good as them kids. He was simply a better option than playing others on day for North. Big ground needs pace and space to win. Especially on a GF against the team that was in it twice before.

I agreed with you on the Parkinson selection, just not on the fact that Wason would have changed the result. On the other hand take Drew, Gow & Korewha out of Koroit side they probably don't even beat Pt Fairy in prelim let alone win the GF.

Rough call on twaddle, two prem finals and a grand final. A lot better effort then other coaches-

N

ig call

Rough call on twaddle, two prem finals and a grand final. A lot better effort then other coaches-

ig call
Twaddle with the group he had last year is a fail. All the Nth coaching staff panicked in the GF. They were like rabbits in the headlights at 3 qtr time.

Twaddle with the group he had last year is a fail. All the Nth coaching staff panicked in the GF. They were like rabbits in the headlights at 3 qtr time.
A fail from me as well given the team he had , Parkinson got the "old boys" grand final game. Cook from the Blues also a fail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back