Hampden Football League Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Also how many people constantly come and go from south? Mass exodus after 2006 flag, mass exodus after 2011 flag.. Port have had trouble keeping players that's for sure, recruits have come and gone that's well known. They've also had little to very rare decent juniors come through the ranks (unlike south) for the past 10 years.
Port Fairys points will be fine for next year because not one player will be leaving the club over summer and the amount of potential and current senior players in the side is huge.
The seagulls will be here to stay for a few years mark my words

Also how many people constantly come and go from south? Mass exodus after 2006 flag, mass exodus after 2011 flag.. Port have had trouble keeping players that's for sure, recruits have come and gone that's well known. They've also had little to very rare decent juniors come through the ranks (unlike south) for the past 10 years.
Port Fairys points will be fine for next year because not one player will be leaving the club over summer and the amount of potential and current senior players in the side is huge.
Somebodys not happy with the truth about Port Fairy being posted on here. Also how many times have we heard in the past that this time none of the players are leaving. Once the money dries up they'll all leave and they'll be back to where they were down the bottom.

You are grossly misinformed here, sully had offers from a number of
Vfl clubs at the end of 2011, including Geelong- (yes, without g Walsh) although Gary introduced sully to James rahilly he already had an invite to pre season with them.. :O SHOCK! And you're arguing with the wrong person here because south had not one thing to do with Southport, trust me on that one.
And don't say you have no issue with sully playing at port your just another salty south supporter who
Can not believe that someone wouldn't want to play at their 'amazing' club.
It's blokes like you wilko who are ruining the image of South talking the amount of rot you are, so take the presidents (hardimans) advice, thank sully for his time and move on

Good luck to Matt, couldn't care less...
My beef is with AFL Western & HFNL and the fact Pt Fairy have been unfairly granted extra points in cap!! Nothing to do with Sullying

You are grossly misinformed here, sully had offers from a number of
Vfl clubs at the end of 2011, including Geelong- (yes, without g Walsh) although Gary introduced sully to James rahilly he already had an invite to pre season with them.. :O SHOCK! And you're arguing with the wrong person here because south had not one thing to do with Southport, trust me on that one.
And don't say you have no issue with sully playing at port your just another salty south supporter who
Can not believe that someone wouldn't want to play at their 'amazing' club.
It's blokes like you wilko who are ruining the image of South talking the amount of rot you are, so take the presidents (hardimans) advice, thank sully for his time and move on

Phooty Hed - In your opinion you honestly believe Pt Fairy deserve to have 5 extra points in the player point cap??

Eg They have some kind of economic, geographic impairment that other clubs in the area don't have?? Koroit have managed to win 3 flags in a row through junior development, good governance and hard work despite having a smaller population, arguably less employment opportunities and certainly a footy budget much smaller than the Seagulls!!!

Pt Fairy are the GWS of the HFNL. Protected species. This decision has tainted the whole 2017 season

What has Sth issue with player retention got to do with Pt Fairy having 45pts in the cap?

Also the reason Pt Fairy have little to no good juniors is because no work has been done in that area for years, instead just happily signed cheques..... Even this year there were U/16 local Pt Fairy kids missing out on game time due to port loading the side with permit players on Sundays...

Not sure what Sth having good juniors has got to do with the argument either??

Maybe given your concerns about Sth retention issues despite a strong junior program Sth should also have 45pts in the cap? Is that what you are suggesting??

The fact that everyone has signed is a fair indication that no ones leaving!

What happens if there is as mooted a properly policed salary cap introduced?? How are Pt fitting them all in?? Port footy budget would have to be in excess of 200k??

Keep the golf days coming to raise the $$

What happens if there is as mooted a properly policed salary cap introduced?? How are Pt fitting them all in?? Port footy budget would have to be in excess of 200k??

Keep the golf days coming to raise the $$
Roosters Crow goes bang bang bang. Just another disillusioned Port Fairy supporter or player.

If port breach the salary cap They'll get caught just like any other club will, a lot of players have agreed to less money in a bid to keep everyone and gain a couple extra all for the sake of winning a flag.
You can all whine and sook as much as you want it won't change anything, no ones gonna listen to armchair experts who probably couldn't get a kick in the twos for a second.
Have a s**t life gents, go seagulls!

If port breach the salary cap They'll get caught just like any other club will, a lot of players have agreed to less money in a bid to keep everyone and gain a couple extra all for the sake of winning a flag.
You can all whine and sook as much as you want it won't change anything, no ones gonna listen to armchair experts who probably couldn't get a kick in the twos for a second.
Have a s**t life gents, go seagulls!

Cheers for the classy input.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow..the tone has changed here my footy friends...been reading with interest thought i'd post one
1. Phooty hed...he who protest too much..etc etc
2. it has spilled into the pubs too...whalers saw some action ...sully, nicholson didnt take too kindly to a south man giving them a bit of verbal
3. blind freddy can see the system is simply flawed...give all the teams the same points and lets play

btw ...have it on good authority..saunders doing some part time work at OLHC primary in east wbool- maintenance/cleaning stuff...south connections (fair play to them) also have spoken to a few boys from Cobden, Koroit and the Blues who CAN'T wait to have a crack at Port.

Round 1 PF v Koroit would be worth a trip out west for a look...

One more thing Phooty hed..you have made plenty of assumptions in your post mate- 1. that none of us can/could play 2. that as arm chair experts we have no influence and 3.that our life isn't already s**t.

I reckon you haven't done yourself or your club any favours tiger...support your club, fly the flag by all means but the personal stuff you have posted tells the rest of us more about you than it does about us...Hope the old spud pickers don't beat you round one again mate...there will some hand wringing then.

Hampden mad you say your a wbool supporter- I've heard a whisper that this might be a cover up and that your a south follower? Any truth to this rumour?
$2.50 worth of chips and a coke please...

No cover ups here Jacko123! Long time Blues man! I have spoken about who I am several times. I wouldn't mind some chips and coke too although puzzling as to why?

Hampden mad you say your a wbool supporter- I've heard a whisper that this might be a cover up and that your a south follower? Any truth to this rumour?
$2.50 worth of chips and a coke please...

Hahaha just got told I'm being talked about here Jacko123 stuff writing that much s**t about local footy and if ya want some chips just come on down ha. I like reading it though good read sometimes. I actually have been asked a few times if I was him but no chance I spend that much time at other footy games or give that much of a s**t about Port Fairy! lol Is it rednut Jacko? I reckon it might be Dean Gavin!

Corey Gallichan could be on the move....Blues man tells me he has met with North Warrnambool, Koroit, and South Warrnambool. Looking for a steady senior game and a change of scenery. Has been an improving player at Warrnambool and I expected him to be having a big pre season and a big year in the ones this season coming. Could of been a handy Blues half forward disappointed to see him go if turns out to be the case.

Great pick up by Campderdown! Marcus Hamilton is a jet mid from the NT! Just reported by The Standard. He looks an intimidating type also. Let's hope he can handle the Western District winter!

What's your thoughts on Trav Graham going to stawell hampdenmad? Also where do you reckon that leaves Darcy graham now?

What's your thoughts on Trav Graham going to stawell hampdenmad? Also where do you reckon that leaves Darcy graham now?

Until I see the deal done with Travis I ll reserve judgement. The time has been coming for a while and every year you hear the same thing. If he leaves I think Darcy will stay as there must be some big money freed up in the budget and Darcy is one of the best mids in the comp so I think the Blues will recognise that with very good money.

Until I see the deal done with Travis I ll reserve judgement. The time has been coming for a while and every year you hear the same thing. If he leaves I think Darcy will stay as there must be some big money freed up in the budget and Darcy is one of the best mids in the comp so I think the Blues will recognise that with very good money.
I know everyone always says it every year, but from what I've heard he has signed there, same as what rissole1234 said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back