Hampden Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

he has put in a clearance for south i read it on the sportingpulse page

yeah i saw that too lol went in after i asked though...

Saw haynsey and a few of the north boys the other day, they seem pretty confident of marked improvement this year. I think South will be very strong and warrnambool will drop off a little... Trav Graham leaving or staying?? anyone know?

Can anyone tell me if Brett Membrey is still playing in the Hampden League, last I heard he was playing at Terang Mortlake but I know he's from Allensford originally. Played with him quite a few years ago when he played in the Gippland League and was an all round top bloke and good footballer, just wondering if he's still getting a kick these days??

Hi all,

A few thoughts for the upcoming season. My predications are as follows.

1. Sth Warrnambool
2. Koroit
3. W'Bool
4. Terang/Mortlake
5. Camperdown
6. Cobden
7. North
8. Port Fairy

Think that Camperdown may be the big improvers. Looks like Sth are flying at the moment, probably a little carried away by singing theme song after 410 cup. Warrnambool will still be there abouts. Koroit's depth maybe tested if injurys occur, and suspension. The Bloods depth has dropped off. Fwd line depleted, Baxter, Staunton and Membrey may not be involved again. Cobden has lost a few a havent picked up many to replace them. North Unknown, picked up players but questions are over the quality of them. Port Fairy will struggle big time, Same old story..... Recruiting old injured and has beens, plus losing alot of senior players.....

Maskell: Sam Chapman (Camp)
Rising Star: Darcy Graham (W'bool)

Post your thoughts??

South
Terang
W'Bool
camperdown
koroit
north
cobden
port fairy.
South a step ahead at this stage but they are very beatable. Terang have lost the key forward but bant will be a good inclusion and i believe membrey will eventually play, is irving still about? he is dangerous. Wbool biggest loss is dowie, then they have lost some key players, boyd lenehan mccorkel mahony o'callaghan. depth will be tested. Camperdown to improve, koroit to drop off a bit, getting old and the rest not worth worrying about.
Maskel- Sam chapman, never seen him play but from all reports he is a gun and will not have to many players take votes.

went and seen champman play against terang. Wet weahter suited him he is hard at it and works forward. Will be a goal kicking midfielder. And I still believe he will win the maskall after know seeing him play.

Any clubs the hampden league may be looking at to expand the comp. Who would be stronger enough to join the league.

Any clubs the hampden league may be looking at to expand the comp. Who would be stronger enough to join the league.

Well it's pretty simple, Hamilton Imperials have wanted to come for quite along time but have been knocked back by the Western Border & VCFL on several occassions.

Heywood is only just hanging on in the WBFL (very similar to Mortlake - RIP) this could well be their last season in the WBFL before they logically drop back into the South West District League as Coleraine did fifteen years ago.

If Heywood fall over, the the WBFL will be left nine teams down from its original 12 (Coleraine went back to SWDFL & Penola went to KNTFL). The loss of one of the closer games may be enough to tip the Hamilton sides over the edge.

My guess is theat the Hampden League would gladly accept ONE Hamilton side and Portland if they wanted to come as well. Merging the Hamilton sides would be seen by some as like trying to merge Carlton and Collingwood but as we have seen closer to home Heytesbury and Timboon made a go of it as have Kolora and Noorat and in times gone past their have been no more bitter rivals than these but they have made it work.

That would get the comp back to ten teams which would be ideal. Both these teams coming in would be fairly strong due to the fact that the both have surrounding leagues such a the SWDFL & Mininera League to pull players out of.

The flip side means the en of the Western Border league and probably hurts Casterton more than anyone else although from what I can work out they are starting to battle a bit with players a well so a drop back to the SWDFL will not be as severe as it would have been ten years ago.

The 4 Mount Gambier sides and Millicent would drop back into the Mid South East League which is essentially Mt Gambier based.

Just an observation.

Well it's pretty simple, Hamilton Imperials have wanted to come for quite along time but have been knocked back by the Western Border & VCFL on several occassions.

Heywood is only just hanging on in the WBFL (very similar to Mortlake - RIP) this could well be their last season in the WBFL before they logically drop back into the South West District League as Coleraine did fifteen years ago.

If Heywood fall over, the the WBFL will be left nine teams down from its original 12 (Coleraine went back to SWDFL & Penola went to KNTFL). The loss of one of the closer games may be enough to tip the Hamilton sides over the edge.

My guess is theat the Hampden League would gladly accept ONE Hamilton side and Portland if they wanted to come as well. Merging the Hamilton sides would be seen by some as like trying to merge Carlton and Collingwood but as we have seen closer to home Heytesbury and Timboon made a go of it as have Kolora and Noorat and in times gone past their have been no more bitter rivals than these but they have made it work.

That would get the comp back to ten teams which would be ideal. Both these teams coming in would be fairly strong due to the fact that the both have surrounding leagues such a the SWDFL & Mininera League to pull players out of.

The flip side means the en of the Western Border league and probably hurts Casterton more than anyone else although from what I can work out they are starting to battle a bit with players a well so a drop back to the SWDFL will not be as severe as it would have been ten years ago.

The 4 Mount Gambier sides and Millicent would drop back into the Mid South East League which is essentially Mt Gambier based.

Just an observation.

Not sure how the hamilton sides would cope in the hampden - which is I believe alot stronger than the WBFL, they are struggling at the moment. Heywood just keeps battling along - they had massive numbers last year then lost nearly everone this year, there is plenty of depth in the heywood/portland region to fill a strong side but seem to have trouble to hanging onto players - not sure what the clubs plans are for the future. Millicent/Mt gambier clubs going into the mid se wont work either. There is a massive difference in the depth and quality of teams so I see problems there. At the moment we're a 10 team comp maybe we can steal a club out of the hampden to make it 11 - port fairy maybe?

Not sure how the hamilton sides would cope in the hampden - which is I believe alot stronger than the WBFL, they are struggling at the moment. Heywood just keeps battling along - they had massive numbers last year then lost nearly everone this year, there is plenty of depth in the heywood/portland region to fill a strong side but seem to have trouble to hanging onto players - not sure what the clubs plans are for the future. Millicent/Mt gambier clubs going into the mid se wont work either. There is a massive difference in the depth and quality of teams so I see problems there. At the moment we're a 10 team comp maybe we can steal a club out of the hampden to make it 11 - port fairy maybe?

Port Fairy to be honest have been just hanging on for years. They would be better off in the Warrnambool & District League on a number of levels.

Let's face it - the quality is declining and the tyranny of distance is starting to effect a lot of leagues. Without Melbourne / Geelong based players Port are not competitive. The money being pumped into buying players can't keep going on forever.

If the WBFL did fall over then I think the Mount sides and Millicent would settle back into the Mid South East league OK. A lot of guys would float back to their original teams and there would be some amagamations but ultimately I can see it working.

Port Fairy would never go that way.

Given the SWDFL and Mininera are all drawing heavily off Hamilton it would make sense for a combined Hamilton side to come into the Hampden League and they would be competitive as woul Portland be.

Change is coming whether we like it or not, these are just my thoughts but it's better to be proactive rather than just let things wither and die a natural death - which will happen unless something is done pretty soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi everyone....

Been fairly low key over the last few weeks. Whats everybodys thoughts on the state of the HFNL at the moment. Everything I seem to be reading is about tribunal reports. Is it right that James Gellie recieved 6 weeks, Miller from South recieved 4 weeks and there is still another investigation pending?

What are anybodys thoughts on the flag race..... My thoughts are that its Sth's flag to lose. Interested in any body elses thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking over the results the last few weeks and I have noticed that TMort has dropped two games to a couple of lower sides, are they going downhill or are the other teams improving?

Interested in other peoples thoughts....

Hi everyone....

Been fairly low key over the last few weeks. Whats everybodys thoughts on the state of the HFNL at the moment. Everything I seem to be reading is about tribunal reports. Is it right that James Gellie recieved 6 weeks, Miller from South recieved 4 weeks and there is still another investigation pending?

What are anybodys thoughts on the flag race..... My thoughts are that its Sth's flag to lose. Interested in any body elses thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking over the results the last few weeks and I have noticed that TMort has dropped two games to a couple of lower sides, are they going downhill or are the other teams improving?

Interested in other peoples thoughts....

Without going out on a limb i think south will win all three grades
Speaking of blokes getting weeks. Has anyone heard about the boxing event happening in October involving local teams?
A round robin boxing show where the winner stays on?

i was just wondering has sam heffernan stamped his named on the league as both fearless leader both getting the footy and knocking of players wives. he is a renouned a serial offender :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This comment is driven driven with Envy, Fear and incompetant knowledge of country football ......Sammy Heff has raised the bar for country football - exceptionally skilled player who has contributed greatly in Hampden League as a player and person!! Obviously the fearless leader had to carry the likes of you on and off the field! Poor wives having to look elsewhere for talent!! Shame on you poor performing blokes - for your poor on and off field performance (the real serial offenders)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back