Hampden league season 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read in today's paper that Heathmere have signed Leon Davis (ex Collingwood) as coach for the next 3 years, big signing for a little club

Interesting to read that Winnis Imbi has signed as assistant coach at Port Fairy, thought he might have got the coaching job at Portland next season. He has been coaching North Gambier in the Western Border league last couple of years, maybe he's getting some experience in Hampden league before taking over Portland in the next couple of years. Quality bloke who has a lot of respect over this way.

Interesting to read that Winnis Imbi has signed as assistant coach at Port Fairy, thought he might have got the coaching job at Portland next season. He has been coaching North Gambier in the Western Border league last couple of years, maybe he's getting some experience in Hampden league before taking over Portland in the next couple of years. Quality bloke who has a lot of respect over this way.
Go Tiges do you know whether Winnis live in Mount Gambier or is he relocating to Port Fairy. Yes, you would have thought that Portland would have approached him

Go Tiges do you know whether Winnis live in Mount Gambier or is he relocating to Port Fairy. Yes, you would have thought that Portland would have approached him
Winnis has lived in Portland the whole time he coached North as far as I know

That's a good appointment then..on record as saying Nicholson is best player in league but not sure he and his bench have ever had the coaching depth they need. If Nico can just play and Impi can pull the strings then they will be better of in my opinion. When Donald McDonald rolls down to the bench at the pointy end of a season- 2017, you know it a hit or miss scenario at the Garden's oval.

Anyone else heard that Phil Carse has lured Sam Cunnington and Cam Spence to Redlands as well? Whisper doing the rounds.
Sam Cunnington not good enough to play at that level and WAFL clubs also looking at Cam Spence

Last edited:
Anyone else heard that Phil Carse has lured Sam Cunnington and Cam Spence to Redlands as well? Whisper doing the rounds.

No mate..but heard not all kosher re deal up north..a few Camperdown boys saying to watch this space...did hear, actually know, south tried recruit sam dobson through a work angle ...to no avail

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam McLachlan - as told by a mate of his today, he has a navicular bone split in his foot, along the line of the bone and may require a bone graft to repair it. It’s a pressure sensitive bone that could be as serious/worst case scenario as never playing again. More likely that he may not play much next season. Aside from that as reported in Addy today he is going overseas and won’t return until May next year. So although he has been signed by the Eagles it’s an open window on when he might be running around on a Saturday next year.

Well boys. Koroit officially been handed a 3 player point penalty. FFS. Didn’t know this was a handicap system. More on this later but, not happy!!!

Well boys. Koroit officially been handed a 3 player point penalty. FFS. Didn’t know this was a handicap system. More on this later but, not happy!!!
I like it, the Como needs to be more even, I’m not sure it will have a huge impact on the anyway, but anyway to even the comp is a plus I think

I like it, the Como needs to be more even, I’m not sure it will have a huge impact on the anyway, but anyway to even the comp is a plus I think

So you think success should be punished and mediorcity rewarded?

I can’t see Koroit has done much wrong, they haven’t spent an enourmous amount of money like other clubs that have actually had extra points to help them win a flag (hasn’t worked). They have largely relied on Koroit players, a couple recently have helped such as McIntyre, Hoy and O’Connor, Darmody etc, but they were playing locally anyway. This year with Dobson/s and possibly Gow they are locals. It’s been through good coaching and management and support that they have achieved sustained success. I’m bloody envious of their success especially when we were such a successful side for so long, but I know not too many teams would want to win a flag knowing ya only won because the previous successor was smacked with points penalty for winning. It would definitely have an asterisk beside it. Just put the cap in place, help the cellar dwellers a little bit that get stuck down the bottom but leave it at that. Every club has the same opportunity to go out and recruit, make money, spend money, have good coaches, staff and management. Don’t punish those who do it better than most.

So you think success should be punished and mediorcity rewarded?

I can’t see Koroit has done much wrong, they haven’t spent an enourmous amount of money like other clubs that have actually had extra points to help them win a flag (hasn’t worked). They have largely relied on Koroit players, a couple recently have helped such as McIntyre, Hoy and O’Connor, Darmody etc, but they were playing locally anyway. This year with Dobson/s and possibly Gow they are locals. It’s been through good coaching and management and support that they have achieved sustained success. I’m bloody envious of their success especially when we were such a successful side for so long, but I know not too many teams would want to win a flag knowing ya only won because the previous successor was smacked with points penalty for winning. It would definitely have an asterisk beside it. Just put the cap in place, help the cellar dwellers a little bit that get stuck down the bottom but leave it at that. Every club has the same opportunity to go out and recruit, make money, spend money, have good coaches, staff and management. Don’t punish those who do it better than most.

Agree totally HM that Koroit shouldn't be handicapped - clubs should aspire to beat them on an equal footing. "A couple (??) have recently helped" - then you name 4 BUT did add a ETC. Does that cover the extras - are you sure there are no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back